The Falkirk FC Thread

I think it's clear given the "exciting 10 days" promo that never happened that some(possibly all) of the players Hartley had offered contracts to have rejected us. I hope we haven't been chasing players who were never going to come and will now be left with even worse journeymen than the ones signed by Dunfermline and Morton etc. like Martin Woods.

Edited by EdiBairn

I think it's clear given the "exciting 10 days" promo that never happened that some(possibly all) of the players Hartley had offered contracts to have rejected us. I hope we haven't been chasing players who were never going to come and will now be left with even worse journeymen than the ones signed by Dunfermline and Morton etc. like Martin Woods.

We’ve not, he still has contract offers out to several English based players but don’t let that get in the way of your negative vandetta.

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

We’ve not, he still has contract offers out to several English based players but don’t let that get in the way of your negative vandetta.

I don't have a negative vandetta- it's a fact that some players have rejected us given no one was signed in that 10 day period.

He's got the entirety of the English lower leagues to choose from, I'm glad he's not hoovering up unwanted wastrels from this league. We've got enough of them already.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

If you went to the games you know they don’t refer themselves as Partick.

Also, I don’t think he’s highly rated by anyone. Wouldn’t be enthralled with this signing at all.

I go to the games with a family member why would I give a shit what they want to be referred as? From games I’ve seen and the people I spoke to the thought he could be a very decent player with them in the championship.

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I know of 1, Vigurs, prior to the 10 day period. Who were the others if it’s fact?

If a manager says there's going to be an "exciting 10 days" that clearly indicates a number of signings are going to be made. No signings were made during that period- hence they fell through.

If a manager says there's going to be an "exciting 10 days" that clearly indicates a number of signings are going to be made. No signings were made during that period- hence they fell through.

So it’s not fact then, thanks for confirming what I thought.

As PH said on Friday, we are fishing in a different pond and their is delays that go along with that.

If we are going down the route of signing the majority of our players from the English market, lots of them are still contracted until the end of June, hence why it’s announced we’ve signed pre contracts with some of our signings so far.

Whilst it doesn’t make ideal preparation for the first day of pre season, I’d rather take our time and get the right players in than panic and pick up the likes of Mark Durnan.

Said it a few days ago but will leave it here again so folk can stop jobbying their pants.

Said it a few days ago but will leave it here again so folk can stop jobbying their pants.

But but but we’ve lost out on signing loads of Scottish championship players that Hartley said he wouldn’t be looking at.....[emoji6]

44 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I'd like someone to take O'Hara. Got the same number of league goals as Lewis and we've only just signed him. And I'll happily drive Loy to wherever he wants to go.

He's still young but I'd agree he needs half a season minimum in a lower league being booted all over the pitch to 1) get momentum and 2) show he fancies putting in what's required to be a full time professional footballer. Maybe I'm being unfair but he seems very comfortable playing kids football, accumulating tattoos and getting blootered at the weekend. 

Isn't looking too productive for you guys so far.

Think a rope ladder thrown your way might be the only way you climb out of the bottom of this league.

Least you'll have us as an inspiration. 

Isn't looking too productive for you guys so far.
Think a rope ladder thrown your way might be the only way you climb out of the bottom of this league.
Least you'll have us as an inspiration. 

Tbf knowing yous have a centre half pairing of Durnan and Devine makes up for the lack of signings

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

I go to the games with a family member why would I give a shit what they want to be referred as? From games I’ve seen and the people I spoke to the thought he could be a very decent player with them in the championship.

I’m not sure who you spoke to, but I don’t know a single Thistle fan who rated Martin Woods as a player in his half a season with us. Injury prone, sideways nothing passes, shite set pieces, pointing and shouting at others while not actually doing anything himself. In a relatable way to Falkirk fans, he’s a lesser Sean Welsh.

I’m not sure who you spoke to, but I don’t know a single Thistle fan who rated Martin Woods as a player in his half a season with us. Injury prone, sideways nothing passes, shite set pieces, pointing and shouting at others while not actually doing anything himself. In a relatable way to Falkirk fans, he’s a lesser Sean Welsh.
Nonsense, Sean Welsh is a lesser Sean Welsh these days.