The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

On the small chance you are being genuine; unfortunate for Falkirk or you? 

Is the problem here not that he was playing in an utter failure of a team that knew it was facing the drop. #headsgone

Is the problem here not that he was playing in an utter failure of a team that knew it was facing the drop. #headsgone

I think that might fall into the “grasping at straws” category.

Group theory tends to hold true. From McHide to Yogi, there’s very few who have left us with scathing assessments who have confounded that opinion and become top class acquisitions.

I suspect that might hold true for every other club too.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Group theory tends to hold true. From McHide to Yogi, there’s very few who have left us with scathing assessments who have confounded that opinion and become top class acquisitions.

To be fair, Kevin McBride was an integral part of us winning the league. He was a very classy player for us.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Possibly, Duncan.

I'm sure we've also signed a lot of players who we were guaranteed were mince and weren't, and a lot who we were told were good and turned out to be mince.

Either way, we will only know if/when it happens.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Hughes didn't leave with a "scathing assessment" apart from a  few idiots.

To be fair, Kevin McBride was an integral part of us winning the league. He was a very classy player for us.

Dunno about “integral” but no denying he was part of it.

There’s not been too many coming from Scottish clubs who claimed they were gash and who then shone.
We were well warned about the likes of Harris (not pre-warned unfortunately).
It sometimes really is about luck, and a total misfit at one club can be decent at another of the same level. They are the exception though, not the rule.
Having said all that, you see what Hopkin achieved by creating what was basically a scheme gang from a couple of criminals and nearly men with a shared mentality.
I would reckon that their 40% footie, 60% ice hockey approach might see them with a horrendous disciplinary record next season.
Reckon that Hartley is aiming for a bit more ice hockey and a lot less netball for us, but with players who will buy into the single vision thing.
We shall see.

38 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I think the opinions of Thistle fans will be glowing compared to the Ross County fans if they chip in.

He has a small number of Ross County supporters on here who rate him.

No,  I don’t get it either. :lol: 

Edited by bunglebonce

Martin Woods! I shudder at the mention of his name. Aside from him being crap, he’s petulant, blames everybody and anything apart from himself when he messes up. Pulls out of tackles then pulls them down from behind as they go past. Feigns injury every time he’s on the losing side so that he can limp off as the wounded warrior. Took every corner and dead ball and made a mess of each and every one.

Did I mention he was crap?

Martin Woods! I shudder at the mention of his name. Aside from him being crap, he’s petulant, blames everybody and anything apart from himself when he messes up. Pulls out of tackles then pulls them down from behind as they go past. Feigns injury every time he’s on the losing side so that he can limp off as the wounded warrior. Took every corner and dead ball and made a mess of each and every one.

.......but apart from that?

Once a season he’ll play a blinder and look light years ahead of everyone on the pitch. He’ll then hide for the rest of the year, jet off to Dubai when he’s suspended and post pictures of trips to smoke shisha in nightclubs on instagram.

He’ll be, by some considerable distance, your top paid player. He’ll also shirk any responsibility.

In short, don’t be fooled by his rugged good looks and one great game a season. Utter con.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Once a season he’ll play a blinder and look light years ahead of everyone on the pitch. He’ll then hide for the rest of the year, jet off to Dubai when he’s suspended and post pictures of trips to smoke shisha in nightclubs on instagram.

He’ll be, by some considerable distance, your top paid player. He’ll also shirk any responsibility.

In short, don’t be fooled by his rugged good looks and one great game a season. Utter con.

FA965E17-9926-4C16-9D79-C035C8D9E8E4.gif

59 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I think the opinions of Thistle fans will be glowing compared to the Ross County fans if they chip in.

Martin. Fucking. Woods. 

Took every set piece for 2 years and is still yet to beat the first man. Head goes the second something goes against him. Used to dread seeing his name come up on the team sheet. And it did. Every. Fucking. Week. 

I could go on about how shit he is all day but my blood pressure would go.

To be honest, other than 1 thistle fan, his name hasn’t come up in any other format as a potential signing. I’ll believe it when someone closer to the club mentions him.

Add in Hartley saying he expected the oldest player in the squad to be 28 just don’t see this unless we are now down to option 7 or 8