The Falkirk FC Thread

Had Baird not pinched his goal versus sevco he might have kicked on and never looked back. That didn't happen though.

His "goal" about 30s into this video and then some finish from Vaulks

35 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'll take that....

Tho scarily I've had season tickets way before he was born and probably when his mum was going through puberty

More mentions of Mrs O'Hara cannot fail to improve the thread. Carry on please. 

Best part of that video is the disintegrating enthusiasm of the commentators as the game goes on.

I'd keep O'Hara before Sheps, but that's like saying you'd rather have Syphilis over Ebola. Last season for both of them as full time players unless they massively pull it out. As someone above mentioned, Stirling Albion beckons.

O'Hara is an odd one. I can never quite figure it out with him. He has decent quick feet, seems to link up well with whoever he plays with and looks like the type of striker to wriggle his way past defenders and find himself in good positions. None of that matters though if you cannot or will not pull the trigger. And actually, if you look at that Rangers game, he used to have an eye for goal, and seemed to in the dev league. 

That sort of thing isnt about levels. Willingness to get a shot or killer pass away is instinctual (actually beating the keeper is where talent comes in) but every time I seen him play last season I was seething at his wastefulness as ove after move broke down with his dithering. I would love to hear Hartleys views on it. I recall Nelson saying Hartley worked hard with him on finishing last season and it did bear fruit. If O'Hara could get a decisiveness to his game he has ability to develop into one of these quite lethal penalty box types IMO. But it will take a big shift in his decision making when he takes the ball. I am not sure he can learn what he needs to learn though because what he needs tends to be one of those more "natural" talents. 

Eta, I will keep it constructive but on the subject of Shepherd v O'Hara, I would much rather keep O'Hara because the toolset he has COULD potentially add up to a good Championship striker. I couldnt write a post like the above for Shepherd because I simply dont see any realistic scenario where he can tweak his game to succeed in this level. 

Edited by Bairnardo

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

O'Hara is an odd one. I can never quite figure it out with him. He has decent quick feet, seems to link up well with whoever he plays with and looks like the type of striker to wriggle his way past defenders and find himself in good positions. None of that matters though if you cannot or will not pull the trigger. And actually, if you look at that Rangers game, he used to have an eye for goal, and seemed to in the dev league. 

That sort of thing isnt about levels. Willingness to get a shot or killer pass away is instinctual (actually beating the keeper is where talent comes in) but every time I seen him play last season I was seething at his wastefulness as ove after move broke down with his dithering. I would love to hear Hartleys views on it. I recall Nelson saying Hartley worked hard with him on finishing last season and it did bear fruit. If O'Hara could get a decisiveness to his game he has ability to develop into one of these quite lethal penalty box types IMO. But it will take a big shift in his decision making when he takes the ball. I am not sure he can learn what he needs to learn though because what he needs tends to be one of those more "natural" talents. 

Eta, I will keep it constructive but on the subject of Shepherd v O'Hara, I would much rather keep O'Hara because the toolset he has COULD potentially add up to a good Championship striker. I couldnt write a post like the above for Shepherd because I simply dont see any realistic scenario where he can tweak his game to succeed in this level. 

Agree with all of that.

He's clearly gotten lost somewhere along the line. Maybe this season if we can get a good pre-season/cup group stage under his belt he'll get the confidence back to take the shots when they fall to him. Maybe. With the players coming in, there might be a combination that works with him. Or he may simply be another youth player who had lots of promise but didn't do anything, in which case the only real regret will not having sold him to Swansea :lol:.

However, we kinda have to hope he can pull it out, as it doesn't look like we will have much experience up front, as Loy looks like he will be away and we can all hope that someone comes in, but but as of yet, we can only go by what we have.

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

His "goal" about 30s into this video and then some finish from Vaulks

With regards that goal I'm still convinced Wallace clears it if isn't for Baird in his way.

We will never know though