The Falkirk FC Thread

Marcus Haber is one of the most effective strikers Dundee have had. As RG said, there was a stay that he'd won more headers in the league in his first season with us than any other player, including CH's and he joined late into the season. 

Brilliant hold up player but don't expect him to be a work horse. Has a style of play that can be considered as lazy, even though he's not. He'll utterly dominant and bitch slap your typical strong diddy CH in this league and he'll chip in with a few goals. Make him your focal point and you can't really go wrong. 

Still think he's currently the best striker we have so bitterly disappointed to lose him. 

Having had a look at some of the footage, I can once again say that the Dee's I work with are full of shit. Lewis and Haber will work well once they gel, and Haber Mackin could be a laugh. 

Could we see more of Froxy now that we have a more physical forward line? 

One concern about Haber that I'd have, is that for him to truly be effective, you'll need to deploy a Pulis style tactic of consistently hoofing it rather than the silky stuff Hartley traditionally prefers. 

4 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Having had a look at some of the footage, I can once again say that the Dee's I work with are full of shit. Lewis and Haber will work well once they gel, and Haber Mackin could be a laugh. 

Could we see more of Froxy now that we have a more physical forward line? 

Think the thing with Froxy will be the fact he has made the step from part time football to full time.

and with the exception of the Harris signing last season there seems to be a lot of folk with the ability to predict the future in signings being sh*t before they have kicked a ball in the league campaign.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

One concern about Haber that I'd have, is that for him to truly be effective, you'll need to deploy a Pulis style tactic of consistently hoofing it rather than the silky stuff Hartley traditionally prefers. 

If we can get our wingers working, he'll be drowning in balls. Hur Hur. 

Haber would do well in Championship I reckon if he can be arsed.

McCann doesn't rate him/like him for some reason. Could be his awful dress sense. 

#dunkirk #keepingthedabsdown

Did Mackin not only sign up for one year too? Not exactly one for the future and why pay cash for someone and then give them a one year deal. Strange.

He signed for a year and we paid money for him. According to some Livi fans they were trying to get rid of him for free and yet we paid money for him.

Just now, CC52 FFC said:

He signed for a year and we paid money for him. According to some Livi fans they were trying to get rid of him for free and yet we paid money for him.

Was it not a sell on clause they wanted added into the deal so they get a fee if he moves on for money ?, might be wrong on that one

6 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Have you ever met a Livi fan who wasn't a gibbering idiot? 

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd be delighted with Haber. A far better signing  than Nelson would be IMO.

I agree and im not getting excited until i see it confirmed...think we are all basing this on the Daily Record post

Edited by Falkirkfan1985

59 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

So since we moaned about a lack of edge up front, Hartley's brought in a big lump of a forward from the Premiership and a winger to supply him.

#GoodTimes 

Clearly listens to us. Hence Sheps not getting a game. 

2 hours ago, Rocco said:
2 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:
According to Dundee fans, he is quite mobile "when he wants to be"...something mackin isnt

I just watched a YouTube video and he does seem mobile. He looks tall and lean whereas Mackin is stalky

I feckin hope you meant “stocky”.