The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Was reading McKinnon’s comments about the clubs plans to get challenging in the next two years. WTF has that come from. This summer all we heard from Hartley, CC and Lang was we are going for the title, towards the Premiership blah blah blah. Which plan number are we onto now? https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3162818/falkirk-ray-mckinnon-contact-leave-morton/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

My bit on the side works at RBS and said that he was in cashing a cheque for £15k on Thursday, written from - you guessed it. FFC.

This is all after Sam Alkardyce was spotted in Benny T’s with CC. 

Obvious what’s went down here. 

(Funniest bit about it all, is that despite the seethe, it’s incredibly likely that we will still finish well below Morten so all really about nothing that matters that much. It’s not like we’ve pinched Sir Alex FFS)

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Was reading McKinnon’s comments about the clubs plans to get challenging in the next two years. WTF has that come from. This summer all we heard from Hartley, CC and Lang was we are going for the title, towards the Premiership blah blah blah. Which plan number are we onto now? https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3162818/falkirk-ray-mckinnon-contact-leave-morton/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

What’s happened? I think folk might call it a reality check mate. 

Plans that aren’t adapted are doomed to fail. Like it or not, the reality is that if we want promoted the building starts now, and won’t be complete till at least the end of January window but more likely next summer. Even if our spineless board were to put money at this problem, it would still take time and diligence to actually work.  I’d a thought this summer would be evidence enough that you can’t just sign an entire squad and expect it to work. 

Think the 17 signings thing has been ridiculous, it was exciting during the summer and most of us bought into it but it was too many new players too many of whom don't look good enough so far.

I hope McKinnon looks at the squad, keeps the players he wants and gets shot of the dross. Even if he adds a couple in January and does likewise in the summer to build a squad capable of challenging at the top of the table.

Even though we have only played 4 games I have pretty much written of this season already. I would be ecstatic if McKinnon can get us mid table but 8th would do for me given our current position.

Think the 17 signings thing has been ridiculous, it was exciting during the summer and most of us bought into it but it was too many new players too many of whom don't look good enough so far.

I hope McKinnon looks at the squad, keeps the players he wants and gets shot of the dross. Even if he adds a couple in January and does likewise in the summer to build a squad capable of challenging at the top of the table.

Even though we have only played 4 games I have pretty much written of this season already. I would be ecstatic if McKinnon can get us mid table but 8th would do for me given our current

We can still make the play offs most of the teams in this league are as bad as us or worse! Half of them are full of guys we've got rid off ! Mckinnon will have as winning soon I'm certain - The only way is up win the next two and we will be mid table !

Someone remind McKinnon that Kevin O Hara is out on loan! The lad needs recalled and trained with the rest so the manager can make an informed decision. Just make sure he plays OHara and McKee together against Dunfermline please.

O’Hara will likely still be training with us, on days he’s not training with Stenny at night I’m sure.

Guest Back Post Misses
What’s happened? I think folk might call it a reality check mate. 
Plans that aren’t adapted are doomed to fail. Like it or not, the reality is that if we want promoted the building starts now, and won’t be complete till at least the end of January window but more likely next summer. Even if our spineless board were to put money at this problem, it would still take time and diligence to actually work.  I’d a thought this summer would be evidence enough that you can’t just sign an entire squad and expect it to work. 

It has gone from a single year plan to 3 by reading this in the space of 6 weeks. Utter incompetence.

Not McKinnons fault clearly.

7 hours ago, Stainrod said:

We can still make the play offs most of the teams in this league are as bad as us or worse! Half of them are full of guys we've got rid off ! Mckinnon will have as winning soon I'm certain - The only way is up win the next two and we will be mid table !

I think this is dangerous talk. We need to avoid getting into a mentality where McKinnon is blamed if we're not midtable.

8th would be an amazing result given the squad he's inherited.

It has gone from a single year plan to 3 by reading this in the space of 6 weeks. Utter incompetence.

Not McKinnons fault clearly.
Plan A went wrong so they stopped the bleeding and are recalibrating Plan B.
Nothing unusual in that, even if it is a bit of a humiliation for the board.

8 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Look, it’s far more likely that the gap will continue to grow (albeit at a slower rate). Most of the other teams are clearly NOT as bad as us. In fact, I doubt that any of them are.

Yes, we hope the only way is up, but unfortunately, it’s not. The QotS game clearly demonstrated that most of the current squad are well capable of turning in performances that would see us lose every single game.

If this squad is to be real league challengers, then January and next summer are going to require a player turn over not dissimilar to what we have just experienced, and we know how that turned out.

Someone remind McKinnon that Kevin O Hara is out on loan! The lad needs recalled and trained with the rest so the manager can make an informed decision. Just make sure he plays OHara and McKee together against Dunfermline please.

Like most decent fans I understand that the rivalry with Dunfermline is ultimately just that. In sport we need battles with our rivals to measure where we are but once the game is over we should be able to go for a beer and however heated the action was on the pitch we need to keep it in perspective! Falkirk means everything to me but it saddens me to read comments suggesting we select players based on the fact they " lost it " last time round! - obviously McKinnon like everybody else will want to slaughtered
by choosing the best team possible O'Hara in my opinion is worse than useless and should be nowhere near our first team ! McKee ironically has no fight in him . Following your suggestion why don't we play Paton to kick the shot out of them get himself sent off etc! I will hopefully soon forget our last encounter where fans and players embarrassed themselves and we got gubbed to boot! I like most want more nights like Super Tuesday where we take them apart at football and leave the stupid stuff where it belongs in the empty heads youth!

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Plan A went wrong so they stopped the bleeding and are recalibrating Plan B.
Nothing unusual in that, even if it is a bit of a humiliation for the board.

Bit Captain Obvious here, but there's never a problem replacing a player out of contract with a better one.

Ideally we'd replace the entire squad every summer with a better player in every position. That's clearly unlikely to be possible, but we should always be looking to move on from player X and only offer them a new deal if we don't think we can improve on them.

Other than offering shite like Kidd a new deal, you could argue we had a perfect strategy.. right up until we brought new players in!