The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

See that Barry Smyth has handed his resignation in at Raith Rovers. Strange that as they are going quite well.

I was driving past Cappielow yesterday and saw him coming out. Wonder what he was doing there.

It's Barry Smith neeb.

5 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

You seem to be getting yourself into a right lather over my posts. I'd advise you to hit the mute button if you really struggle that much with people having different opinions. 

But of course, that would stop you replying to every post like an attention seeking happy clapper, so I'm not banking on it.

Ignore him mate he'a a bully. 

Seems like Mackinnon doesn't think the squad is up to standard going by his press conference.
He was asked whether the squad was underperforming so far this season and replied "we are where we are for a reason".
Don't really think he could say anything else to be honest. We are bottom because the players have been poor.

Got to hope he can keep us in touch until he can get those out he doesn't want and players in he does. Not the best situation to be in having to do another squad shuffle but it is what it is.

Guest Back Post Misses
Do you honestly believe he is telling the truth?
He said he hadn't spoke to anyone  at Falkirk before Fri afternoon. The first news about him taking the job broke on Twitter at 2.41 on Fri from The Sun reporter yet McKinnon took training on Fri morning which I would imagine would finish around 12.30-1pm and I can't imagine he would feck off  up the road bang on finish time being the gaffa and all! He then apparently drove to Falkirk from Port Glasgow while Falkirk had to contact Morton to "ask" for permission to speak to McKinnon. He then had a sit down with your chairman about the vision, was shown around the infrastructure of the club, discuss personal terms  and then had to make a decision to leave Morton which he admitted was very difficult so I presume that decision wasn't made instantly.  Do you see how it doesn't add up here?  He already had the job before 2.41 for the journo to know about it. It's clear as day conversations took place before Fri afternoon.
Did one of your own fans not say they seen him at your stadium on Wednesday?
McKinnon and Falkirk are lying, pure and simple!

f**k off loser.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Got to hope he can keep us in touch until he can get those out he doesn't want and players in he does. Not the best situation to be in having to do another squad shuffle but it is what it is.

I was having a wee look at the contract expiry dates earlier. The only ones who're here next season are Harrison, Dallison, Petravicius & Paton. Plus Robbie Mutch, who could possibly be considered a reserve player.

It looks like next summer will be another busy one for the club.

Think there was a few things in his press conference you could read into like "wanting to get up in the morning and enjoy going to your work".  I dare say there are a lot of elements between players being poor, badly man managed and low in morale and confidence none of which is going to lead to a decent team.

Edited by AL-FFC

I was having a wee look at the contract expiry dates earlier. The only ones who're here next season are Harrison, Dallison, Petravicius & Paton. Plus Robbie Mutch, who could possibly be considered a reserve player.
Wasn't impressed with Petravicius on Monday with the reserves. Looks like it could be another Harris situation with him come the summer.

Mind you new manager/fresh start, he will get the same support as the rest of the players if the gaffer plays him.

Paton [emoji24]

And I’d expect 3 out the 4 (if not all 4) to be offloaded next Summer if they don’t come onto a game.

50 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

I'm here on this thread even when I'm not because you obsessed skelps mention me at every opportunity. What the fucks wrong with you all?

f**k off in advance. 

Nobody is tagging you on anything, you are choosing to come on here and read the messages. Kindly go have your meltdown elsewhere, the Morton thread will do you fine. 

56 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

This really does my head in!! 12th in top league gets over £1 million from tv, we would also get better crowds and increased sponsorship so it's a no brainer for the board. If the board are there on a jolly, then again the prestige of hosting Celtic, rangers, hearts or Aberdeen compared with alloa makes top league better or even if you were on the board because you actually supported us then again you want us up. I really can't see anyway where it's an advantage for the board to stay down! It's like saying the raith board wanted to go down from the championship because they like going to the f***ing seaside!! 

Its much more expensive to be in the top league too. You dont just get an extra million for the same running costs. 

16 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Nobody is tagging you on anything, you are choosing to come on here and read the messages. Kindly go have your meltdown elsewhere, the Morton thread will do you fine. 

You're dispensing abusive advice to people who wasn't posting on the thread. You're clearly mental.