The Falkirk FC Thread

Again more delusions of grandeur from Falkirk fans. I believe there were similar pilings on when Morton had a howler of a season recently, St. Mirren had the same during their tenure under Alex Rae (choo-choo), Dunfermline fans will recall similar ravenous gorging on their carcass when they scraped to mid table safety in the seaside leagues. This doesn't mean Queen of the South fans or Killie fans or whoever else it may be suddenly had a hatred for these clubs. Just the same schaudenfraude we all have when clubs of a similar stature are having a nightmare. I don't believe anyone still using "Morten" hates Morton they just like winding up opposition fans.

The point is, if they were irrelevant, nobody would pile on.

I'll fire over to the Albion Rovers thread and see if the Morton boys are getting stuck in there, shall I?

9 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Indeed. I keep hearing about it being a poor league because you guys are well placed for promotion after coming up from League One. It was the same last season for Livingston.
On the other hand neither the ‘big’ teams from the Premiership are performing to the expected level.
For me the league this season is no worse (probably better) than last season, nor is it any worse than the seasons prior to the downward spiral of Hibs, Hearts and Sevco into our division,,,,

Which again emphasises the missed opportunity this season and last season has been. After 3 seasons fighting an uphill battle against sides with massive budget advantages we now have a very competitive budget . Typical falkirk though that we had a team who would scoosh this years league and last years at a time when second place was a minor miracle. Last years league winners and quite probably this years would be 4th at best the season we were runners up to the currant buns.  Footballs all about timing and our bod are feckin useless when it comes to that. Our time was quite clearly at the feckin wrong time completely.

Edited by Shodwall cat

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I mean I'm pished, seeing as my team absolutely destroyed four-time-Barcelona-beaters Dundee United live on national television, and there being other threads to troll while the replies roll in on the important ones. Why not continue to highlight unrepentant racism apologists elsewhere in the meantime?

You only scored 5 for fecks sake. Even we managed 6 last season and we were shit.

13 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I started writing out our current best XI and thought which four would I replace. Then tried to make a bench. We are miles off 4 in being enough. You probably started doing the same exercise then realised you were talking out your hoop. 

None of this starting XI is good enough. Not a single one. 7 minimum is needed and even then we'll be carrying passengers.

I genuinely don't know how people can be watching these games and come to any other conclusion. Even the points we are scabbing from teams is done on smoke and mirrors. The Partick game being an example. 

7 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

None of this starting XI is good enough. Not a single one. 7 minimum is needed and even then we'll be carrying passengers.

I genuinely don't know how people can be watching these games and come to any other conclusion. Even the points we are scabbing from teams is done on smoke and mirrors. The Partick game being an example. 

I think McGhee and Rudden are good enough to start games. Buaben as well if he could stay fit. At a push Robson.

I'm fine with subs from Mutch, Muirhead, Brough, Kidd, McKee, Petravicius and a new striker.  They're all versatile options. 

Bairnardo has a weird attachment to the dross in our squad. 

I think McGhee and Rudden are good enough to start games. Buaben as well if he could stay fit. At a push Robson.
I'm fine with subs from Mutch, Muirhead, Brough, Kidd, McKee, Petravicius and a new striker.  They're all versatile options. 
No I don't.

You only scored 5 for fecks sake. Even we managed 6 last season and we were shit.

Aye but we beat the revolutionised, revitalised, nice and shiny new Robbie Neilson side that was apparently going to take the league by storm.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

From what I have watched every week, I think we need 7 or 8 guys in January that are going to be first team regulars if we are going to beat the drop.

Some of the fans think we have a decent enough squad just now with very few additions and others don’t.

Its a game of opinions though and we are all entitled to ours.

After the last few weeks I agree with you Harry. ‘Backup’ being the key word though.

Hunt him with the rest. Keep McGhee and Robson the rest can go. Not good enough

They are just about the only two signed players who have done anything worthy of being in the side next season. Petra briefly looked as if he was going to offer up something, but has gone back to his old ways.

Harrison in a defensive side can do a turn, Muirhead has shown that he can’t. Cannot see either being at the club next season. Dallison is as good as gone. McKee can do things occasionally, but can also fade out of games all too easily. Brough has certainly made improvements, but isn’t doing it fast enough. Least said about the keeper the better.

If they have any sense, a lot of them should be playing for contracts, but not with us.

I think a good few of them will fail to find another gig in pro football.

I get what you are saying but it’s not realistic for us to bring in c.15 players to give us a squad of c.17.

TBF I am not taking about January but by the summer that is all I would keep from the current bunch

If it was as easy as just punting them and getting better players in then we could happily get rid of almost all of them, but that's not the case.

Things to consider:

How much money does it take to get them to f**k off? If you're needing to pay them the full contract then might as well hang on, unless they're a nuisance in the dressing room.

Also with the #warchest that the club announced, how many players can we afford to bring in if there are no leavers? After that it will be one in, one out of course.

As a minumum we should be trying to get shot of Fasan, Dallison, Russell, Lewis, McKee and Haber. Paton ideally would be gone too but his 2 year contract makes that highly unlikely. Sammut I'd send back to Chelsea unless we're paying next to nothing for him. Mitchell could also be punted as he's never been the same since his injury and I'd rather just pay and get one decent keeper with Mutch as the backup. Dumbuya I know nothing about but wouldn't expect McKinnon to punt his own signing.

18 man squad for the second half of the season:

GK: New goalie, Mutch

DF: Dumbuya, Robson, Brough, new CB, Harrison, McGhee, Muirhead

CM: Paton, Kidd, Buaben

WG: Petravicius, new winger, Dunne

ST: Rudden, new striker x2

So, probably a minimum of 5 signings needed. A keeper, a centre back, a winger and 2 strikers.