The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

The final pizza the puzzle

Jeez. If I had a penne for each of these terrible Italian puns I'd laugh myself fusilli all the way to the bank.

Too much, right?

Edited by Sputnik

Not so long ago, this BoD (or part of it) should have been remembered in a good way due to their input back in the dark days a couple of decades ago. The first ten years or so we’re pretty upbeat, but after (the first) relegation, their appetite for it was on the wane.

Thing is, they still wanted to be seen as reverential figures at the club no matter how little or half hearted their efforts at governance became. George Craig was the first alarm bell that they were asleep at the wheel. Ever since then, there have been a few highpoints, but the general trend has been continuously downward, but it’s as if that doesn’t matter, they still want to be lauded for “saving the club”.

Now, they have blown any good will that remained.......but I bet you anything they don’t understand (or even want to understand) why. The horrible club statements keep on coming, keep on blaming this minority or that minority for every ill that comes their way while never ever acknowledging or apologising for their part in any of it. It’s actually quite sad.

14 hours ago, FFCinthearea said:

A few years ago we had a 7 figure sum sitting in the bank.  Now, if you believe the stories going around, that is now 6 figures and starts with a 1.    A couple of seasons of bad management as drained the well dry.

Just a thought but do you think with the transfer window about to open and Will Vaulks a certainty to be sold by Rotherham that the BOD are holding out for a probable 7 figure sum to come our way as a result of the move - which would therefore improve the worth of the club and by extension the money they can get for their shares?

And that this is the real reason for their constant delays? 

Cynical old me. 

Just a thought but do you think with the transfer window about to open and Will Vaulks a certainty to be sold by Rotherham that the BOD are holding out for a probable 7 figure sum to come our way as a result of the move - which would therefore improve the worth of the club and by extension the money they can get for their shares?
Cynical old me. 

They are not going to get anything like 7 figures. 20% of the fee less what we already have had is not going to amount to much on a fee of £2m

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Cynical old me. 

That's what i was thinking. i also think the other interested parties were  conjured up in the hope that the Davidson bid and the fans bid would up their price if there were more bidders for the club and not wanting to lose out, but due to 2 of them withdrawing they have shot themselves in the foot.

A group of investors from an Italian island bidding for Falkirk?

Don't be Sicily

Pasta caring anymore

The final pizza the puzzle
Jeez. If I had a penne for each of these terrible Italian puns I'd laugh myself fusilli all the way to the bank.
Too much, right?

I heard they’re gonna make you an offer you can’t refuse.
Wait..... Are we.....

Are we... Livingston now???

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Wait..... Are we.....

Are we... Livingston now???

We haven’t quite plumbed those depths. Incompetent, inept, yes. A history of debt avoidance, corruption and with a fully functioning laundrette service on the go? Nah...not yet.

2 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

HERE WI GO BOYS

Dance Funny GIF - Dance Funny India GIFs

We' re doing an FFC themed Bollywood movie with the MSG as the bad guys and the hero comes out with all the singing and dancing only thing is who is the lass thats in distress ? or we got that one covered with ML being hung oot by the MSG ?

According to the newspaper former Falkirk player Alan Gow, who also played for East Bengal, is assisting the potential new owners who are in advanced discussions with the current board.

Surely no Sir Alan Gow.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They are not going to get anything like 7 figures. 20% of the fee less what we already have had is not going to amount to much on a fee of £2m

I'd expect him to move on for more than that though. Down south you're talking crazy money for bang average players and his stock has now risen with him having a decent first cap performance for Wales.  Villa paid what 3mill for john mcginn so if I was Rotherham I'd be wanting at least that and more.