The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, AL-FFC said:

There's your glimmer of hope at the bottom of that though

“We have however notified the Board that, should the other offers prove to be unacceptable , we may reconsider our position.”

hopefully they are left with no choice but to do this however it would require a degree of humility, which is severely lacking in the MSG

thing is, if they stuck to the original plan - agreed at the AGM, there would be 100s of thousands of extra cash available right now and the MSG would still own around a third of the club.

They have shot themselves in the foot trying to maximise ££ for personal gain...........best interests of the clubs at heart my arse

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

There's your glimmer of hope at the bottom of that though

“We have however notified the Board that, should the other offers prove to be unacceptable , we may reconsider our position.”

If I was them and that did happen the offer would be greatly reduced.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

If I was them and that did happen the offer would be greatly reduced.

if only they had applied the same tactic when it came to player sales.

Dont think we will have new owners at this rate and will need to make do with same old 

Hopefully the club goes to the wall now.
Might seem harsh, but If that's the only way to stamp out the racism, personal abuse & threats and contract law infractions that are present in Ladbrokes League 1, it will be for the benefit of us all.

Shut up or il fucking leather you

Incompetence at the highest levels. 

They really should be removed with immediate affect, it is now 100% clear this bunch of so called Directors are only interested in lining pockets. 

Question at the top of the list for any potential investor. 

HOW MUCH DO WE GET..... 

Don't give a toss about FFC only Money. 

Reading this about the Sunderland situation and this bit sticks right out you just know they are going to f**k this because of their own ego's

Campbell, a British stockbroker who conducts most of his business in the United States, is confident of replacing Stewart Donald as Sunderland’s majority shareholder before the end of the month.

The financier, who has also been attempting to secure a controlling stake at Scottish club Falkirk,

It will be our fault for demanding change when this mob break some other rules on making a dodgy appointment.

The bit that really pisses me off is the accurate (and fair play to them cos its a rarity) Daily Record headline "Falkirk point finger at fans".  Here was me thinking that 'Falkirk' and 'fans' were synonyms.  

What a few weeks is has been. From the relegation to the complete shambles unfolding now this has to be seriously concerning for any Falkirk fan.

That statement last night is an absolute disgrace. The  nerve to put that out is unreal and how the hell did that get through the board?  You have failed in your role and the club is at its lowest point in decades yet you still decide to go out all guns blazing rather than quietly via the back door. Clearly learned nothing from the Dennon Lewis episode and the reaction from the fan base...........and at the worst time possible. I have always tried to avoid going after a board/individuals as I don't know what it takes to run a club but that's ended now. The quicker this lot are gone the better. It wont be possible to repair the damage now as far as I can see.  I wont be renewing until they are gone as are a good few of my mates. GTF!

I blindly renewed my season ticket a few days ago, I had the money set aside and tbh I just did it out of blind loyalty. 

I have followed this club home and away for decades, its been a prominent feature of my life  but I feel utterly impassive towards my club now and I'm regretting renewing my season ticket before the season has already started.  

The statement yesterday utterly bewildered me. I could barely stomach it due to its bitterness. Now hearing the latest news from an apathetic board makes me just want to not bother anymore. 

I hardly get excited about the league cup but when I saw the fixtures and noted the date, my initial thought was, f**k its not long before I have to go watch this shite again I wish it wasn't so soon. 

I can swallow this club is a business and board members are looking out for their own interests in regards to the sale of the club, but to loose two bids by extending the deadline on several occasions so much so it pisses off two of the strongest bidders that much they withdraw before two notes of interest submit theirs is utterly fucking bewildering. Counting chickens before they have hatched seems to spring to mind. I cannot now see this club being sold anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

So, who are we left with now?

and Indian based football agency company or dodgy celtic agent in with the other american

Both sound horrific IMO

The Indian one never existed in the first place.

I blindly renewed my season ticket a few days ago, I had the money set aside and tbh I just did it out of blind loyalty. 
I have followed this club home and away for decades, its been a prominent feature of my life  but I feel utterly impassive towards my club now and I'm regretting renewing my season ticket before the season has already started.  
The statement yesterday utterly bewildered me. I could barely stomach it due to its bitterness. Now hearing the latest news from an apathetic board makes me just want to not bother anymore. 
I hardly get excited about the league cup but when I saw the fixtures and noted the date, my initial thought was, f**k its not long before I have to go watch this shite again I wish it wasn't so soon. 
I can swallow this club is a business and board members are looking out for their own interests in regards to the sale of the club, but to loose two bids by extending the deadline on several occasions so much so it pisses off two of the strongest bidders that much they withdraw before two notes of interest submit theirs is utterly fucking bewildering. Counting chickens before they have hatched seems to spring to mind. I cannot now see this club being sold anytime soon. 
Sorry, but I got as far as "I blindly renewed my season ticket a few days ago" & gave up.[emoji19]

Very angry about this. 

Let's recap

• 1 party has been interested in a takeover for months and is now gone all thanks to our board
  • 1 party has galvanised the support, got people to pledge money, is made up of people who appear to have the best interests of the club at heart and they're gone thanks to our board
  • The rumours of interest from Italy or India are probably to add a bit more flavour to the story. I expect a few more countries to be added to the rumour mill
  • The current board have an ego of incredible proportions and would never sell to fans, such is their dislike.

In all honesty, I think there is just one bid and that is Mark Campbell's. While we cannot predict, this does not fill me with any confidence as we don't know the guy, the source of money is also questionable and with so much focus on a takeover bid at Sunderland, we become a feeder club and struggle to get out of the Championship (that is if we ever get out of League 1).

Just now, Taxi for De Massis said:

• The current board have an ego of incredible proportions and would never sell to fans, such is their dislike.

This stems back to the days when they reluctantly accepted fan representatives on the board.  They do treat the fans with contempt, except when they are trying to sell us season tickets, hospitality or merch.

2 hours ago, LargsTON said:

No they haven't.

Finish  my quote "They've made a monumental mess of things with all the money that's been squandered"

Many players and coaching staff have they paid off? How many players and coaching staff have they hired on new contracts? How much compensation have they paid out due to breaking the rules?

It must run into Hundreds of Thousands of £Pounds only to be sitting in League 1.

That in my book is making a monumental mess of things!    

What a complete and utter mess this is. Never thought for a minute it would become this bad, even with those we have in charge. I had a feeling we’d wait too long and piss off potential investors. Probably our biggest pre season in recent history (certainly my history following the club) and it’s our worst preparations. We have no team, we have a board who are so far away from the fans it’s unbelievable and potential investors are dropping like flies. We probably need to get back up first time and we look so far away from that at the minute.