The Falkirk FC Thread

Not been on here for a few days so just catching up.  Got to laugh at the clowns who were desperate for us to get moved to the League 1 forum, yet are continuously posting on this thread. Complete loons the lot of them. Falkirk obsessed and now realising that they have no real rivalry in the Championship thread well done lads :thumsup2

11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A lot of fans thought Housty out and Hartley in was the right thing.

It was the right thing.

Hartley completely gubbed up last summer, but for his first 3/4 season in charge he didn't put a foot wrong.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Well possibly but getting rid of an employee is not great if you replace them with somebody worse imo.

Houston’s biggest mistake was announcing he was retiring at the end of the current season. Had a really negative impact on the squad.

I know of lot of people disagree but I think we have had 2 worse managers since.

His biggest mistake was signing shite.  His recruitment was awful in the main and the squad got worse and worse each season until it finally imploded with the entrance of Alex Harris and the ghost of Rory Loy.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

His biggest mistake was signing shite.  His recruitment was awful in the main and the squad got worse and worse each season until it finally imploded with the entrance of Alex Harris and the ghost of Rory Loy.

Thing with the Rory signing is it was one that excited a lot of fans considering his first spell with us, its one of those that could have went either way it didnt help much with him having some mental health problems that knocks anyone on there arse Harris though look ok in the friendlies just when it came down to the league he was a bottle merchant but again that could be attributed to the nature of his injury and him not wanting to arse up what he had/has of a career.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Well possibly but getting rid of an employee is not great if you replace them with somebody worse imo.

Houston’s biggest mistake was announcing he was retiring at the end of the current season. Had a really negative impact on the squad.

I know of lot of people disagree but I think we have had 2 worse managers since.

Managers have a life span at clubs for me and Houstons was up, bad recruitment and failure to use the academy his downfall. 

Houston probably wasnt backed tho in his final season, especially when you see the money released post his tenure. 

I do feel if Houston had got us promoted in his final season, he wouldve put his retiral on hold. The same squad gave their all for Smith post Houston, tho I felt Smith addressed the left back issue we had by taking Gallacher out

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It was the right thing.

Hartley completely gubbed up last summer, but for his first 3/4 season in charge he didn't put a foot wrong.

I must have slept during his pissing everyone off from day one and waiting 10 games for a win.

We were still a rollercoaster of a team the 2nd half, playing Brechin three times and three friendlies to end the season didnt take away the record of him being the worst manager at championship level in my time, even in both our relegation seasons(Airdrie saved us) we didnt go 9 games without a win.

I'll high 5 the Dundee Utd 6-1 game and 45 mins v QoS, the rest was just Hartley

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Managers have a life span at clubs for me and Houstons was up, bad recruitment and failure to use the academy his downfall. 

Houston probably wasnt backed tho in his final season, especially when you see the money released post his tenure. 

I do feel if Houston had got us promoted in his final season, he wouldve put his retiral on hold. The same squad gave their all for Smith post Houston, tho I felt Smith addressed the left back issue we had by taking Gallacher out

I must have slept during his pissing everyone off from day one and waiting 10 games for a win.

We were still a rollercoaster of a team the 2nd half, playing Brechin three times and three friendlies to end the season didnt take away the record of him being the worst manager at championship level in my time, even in both our relegation seasons(Airdrie saved us) we didnt go 9 games without a win.

I'll high 5 the Dundee Utd 6-1 game and 45 mins v QoS, the rest was just Hartley

There were other games tbf. Away then home to Morton for example. The home one where Nelson scored a fantastic goal was a highlight. The away one was some form of redemption after Harkins ragdolled us at the first home game. 

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Thing with the Rory signing is it was one that excited a lot of fans considering his first spell with us, its one of those that could have went either way it didnt help much with him having some mental health problems that knocks anyone on there arse Harris though look ok in the friendlies just when it came down to the league he was a bottle merchant but again that could be attributed to the nature of his injury and him not wanting to arse up what he had/has of a career.

Loy  I can excuse him . Difficult to tell what really happened there. Harris however, should never have been signed.  Had been mediocre for a while including loan spells at Dundee and Queens.  As soon as you hear 'he's one of those players that just needs an arm round his shoulder' you know he's never going to do a job in the scottish championship.  If Harris  had been a one off then it would be different but he also signed shite like John Rankin, Alex Cooper, David Smith, Rory Boulding, Ryan Sinnamon, Taylor Morgan, Tudur Jones,Aird,Henderson, Mckee, Mccann etc who were all murder.

37 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It was the right thing.

Did he not have a long streak without a win when he joined us in October ?? Does that count as not putting a foot wrong.

Anyway, we are a shambles, doesn’t matter who put us there it’s who’ll get us out of it I care about.

Houston was given a large budget to get us promoted and signed dross such as Loy and Harris while also failing to sign players in Key positions.

We then took a total of 2 points from 15. Those two points coming from Dumbarton at home and then Brechin away. In those 5 games, we scored 5 goals and conceded 12.

Hindsight is wonderful however people saying sacking Houston caused all these issues are forgetting how shite we were then too.

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

Houston was given a large budget to get us promoted and signed dross such as Loy and Harris while also failing to sign players in Key positions.

We then took a total of 2 points from 15. Those two points coming from Dumbarton at home and then Brechin away. In those 5 games, we scored 5 goals and conceded 12.

Hindsight is wonderful however people saying sacking Houston caused all these issues are forgetting how shite we were then too.

Haha. Aye, we’ve been shite for ages now tbf.

If only we knew then that the extent of our ambition (having been second two seasons on the spin and finally being rid of the big teams) should be purely to avoid being relegated....

Utter foolishness of us to sack Houston for his horrific run rather than knowing our place and letting him have a good go at avoiding relegation.

Oh, and f**k you Martin Ritchie you arsehole

Not as large as the largest ever budget Hartley got last summer. That went well

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not as large as the largest ever budget Hartley got last summer. That went well

Aye but that was thanks to the idea of scraping the academy and using the money that funded that to get us to the premier, dare say it looked better on a power point presentation though.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

So is today when all the bids are due to submit? Are we likely to hear anything soon?

In a word, no. Least not anything that is finite or factual. If they are prepared to be brazenly economic with the truth relating to CC, just imagine what levels of both secrecy and spin they are capable of conjuring up regarding the sale of their property.

46 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Plus the fact that Houstie failed to introduce any cardboard Shakies. Unforgivable! 

Guest Ecosse83

The board would be getting praised if we had a good manager that used the funds well to get us promoted. I could just about forgive them for relegation if there wasn't all the other shite that happened last season as well.

Calling the fans racist etc is just unforgivable!