The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's because it's not true.

There's some agreement with what I'm saying.  Shouting loudest doesn't mean you speak for everyone.

You're quite correct, Bairnardo does not speak for everyone, however and for example, I consider myself a fairly level-headed and tolerant individual and generally post on here to talk about football/Falkirk and have a laugh.

Edibairn/Latapybairn/Londonbairn and however many more aliases he's posted under generally comes on here to troll, making posts that he knows are going to be met with derision and ultimately some verbal abuse from some. He does it on purpose because,IMO, he's not even a Falkirk fan (most probably a Hibs fan as his original user name may indicate). As an intelligent individual, if a Queens 'fan' was doing similar I'm fairly sure you would react in a similar fashion.

13 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Do people not realise teams are successful with one striker aye? All the best teams in the world right now play with one striker. It’s down to the players behind the striker and so far I’ve got confidence we have decent ones for league 1.

Said it all there, all the best teams in the world play with one striker. They can use 4-2-3-1 because they also have the best players in the world or in their league.

The only budget team I've seen use 4-2-3-1 effectively was Dumbarton when they had Vaughan on loan and Nade held the ball well to bring the 3 into play.

9 hours ago, Russ said:

Genuinely baffling that some c***s can’t get their head round playing more strikers doesn’t mean you’re playing attacking football. Absolutely nothing wrong with 4-2-3-1 as a formation as long as you get enough support to the one up front.

Yep our supposedly 4-3-3 last season had the two wide of the attacking 3 cover at fullback.

The fact McKinnon has used it at all of his clubs and failed, tells me all I need to know. He only turned a corner at utd when he reverted to a 4-4-2 then went back to 4-2-3-1 to get sacked.

We had two sitting mids with Elvis in his first full season and it was the one of the most anti football seasons ever, fist pumping away draws

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Quite agree and I'm already concerned about having to play Peterhead away on the opening day. McAllister will be bursting a gut to impress and we've got to be fully aware of that.

I watched Forfar against Stenny at Ochilview last season and they looked very handy however, Baird and Easton, who are both away, ran the show that day so it may depend on who they've replaced them with.

Spot on. They are well run community clubs with a support that care about their club as much as us. Most of the grounds are tight little bearpits like small Brockville's.

Let's see how we get on November midweek game with a gale off the North Sea.

Budget and players are not enough. All it takes is some players and the support to think just turning up against these diddy teams from the seaside leagues, as some of the support refer to them will be enough. Then it will all go terribly wrong.

We are in this league because we deserve to be there, never forget that.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Spot on. They are well run community clubs with a support that care about their club as much as us. Most of the grounds are tight little bearpits like small Brockville's.

Budget and players are not enough. All it takes is some players and the support to think just turning up against these diddy teams from the seaside leagues, as some of the support refer to them will be enough. Then it will all go terribly wrong.

Completely agree.

Sometimes I forget how absolutely mental some of our fans are. They fully expect us to be signing proven strikers with consecutive 20+ goal a seasons. We’re in league one. It’s never going to happen.
Would be willing to bet these are the guys who’ve gone out and bought season tickets and kits and are happy regardless of the boardroom situation as long as they can go and get a moan each Saturday. Sammon could pretty easily get a mid table championship side and it would be a bit of a coup for us if he drops down to league one level. I don’t doubt that every other team at this level would snap him up in a heartbeat.
I'm baffled by it as well. It just shows how many fans are completely clueless, yet they come on here acting like superfans.

It was only last week that someone didn't even know McKinnon signed Rudden

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You're quite correct, Bairnardo does not speak for everyone, however and for example, I consider myself a fairly level-headed and tolerant individual and generally post on here to talk about football/Falkirk and have a laugh.

Edibairn/Latapybairn/Londonbairn and however many more aliases he's posted under generally comes on here to troll, making posts that he knows are going to be met with derision and ultimately some verbal abuse from some. He does it on purpose because,IMO, he's not even a Falkirk fan (most probably a Hibs fan as his original user name may indicate). As an intelligent individual, if a Queens 'fan' was doing similar I'm fairly sure you would react in a similar fashion.

I'm not posting in support of this guy.

I'm pretty sure that if I was a Falkirk fan, I'd not be on the side of anyone who can be characterised as a board apologist.

I'm just not particularly impressed that certain posters can say really innocuous things and still be attacked, because people don't like them.  I genuinely don't mind trolling types on our thread.  VT for instance, is usually pretty entertaining.

I'm pretty sure that if I was a Falkirk fan, I'd not be on the side of anyone who can be characterised as a board apologist.
I'm just not particularly impressed that certain posters can say really innocuous things and still be attacked, because people don't like them.  I genuinely don't mind trolling types on our thread.  VT for instance, is usually pretty entertaining.
Your head is so far up your own arse that you think it's your place to come on another teams thread and tell them how to behave. Do yourself a favour and do one!

17 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

To have any chance of winning this league we must take every game seriously as a few teams will see us as their cup final and raise their games.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:
5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Your head is so far up your own arse that you think it's your place to come on another teams thread and tell them how to behave. Do yourself a favour and do one!

Yes.  Guilty as charged.

I genuinely think I have every right to go on another team's threads and say what I think about all manner of issues.

You actually enjoy the same right, yourself.  If you choose not to exercise it, that's fine too.  It's quite heady this freedom lark, isn't it?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes.  Guilty as charged.

I genuinely think I have every right to go on another team's threads and say what I think about all manner of issues.

You actually enjoy the same right, yourself.  If you choose not to exercise it, that's fine too.  It's quite heady this freedom lark, isn't it?

In fairness, that is absolutely your right. You would do better if you weren't being so condescending about it.

3 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

To have any chance of winning this league we must take every game seriously as a few teams will see us as their cup final and raise their games.

Precisely the attitude, some sensible types are warning against.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Quite agree and I'm already concerned about having to play Peterhead away on the opening day. McAllister will be bursting a gut to impress and we've got to be fully aware of that. 

I watched Forfar against Stenny at Ochilview last season and they looked very handy however, Baird and Easton, who are both away, ran the show that day so it may depend on who they've replaced them with.

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Sevco in the Third Division would be a good example of this, always struggled on the tight pitches but seemed to win at Ibrox, Broadwood and Hampden convincingly. The tight pitches were a big reality check for their players who weren't used to such conditions (even bog standard changing rooms etc came into it too).

Falkirk should and probably will win this division, but as a few of you have rightly pointed out, they won't do it just by turning up.

Looking forward to the games against you anyway, been ages since we've had a half decent away support in the league at Broadwood. Whats the script with away fans at TFS this season? I'd like to think we would bring enough to get given behind the goal but most other mobs in this league will only bring 2 men and a dug which won't require it.

Edited by C. Muir

Anyway, it would be by far McKinnons biggest f**k up if it transpires that we turn up in this league with the idea that we will pish it or that we dont deserve to be here. Unforgivable. 

I am not sure where people are getting the idea that us as fans or players think it will be a skoosh though. I dont think you will find a lack of respect for the opposition from fans.

Guest Ecosse83

Would be very happy with Sammon signing. Not the most prolific but would expect double figures from him. 

If we play 4231 then Sammon's style of play would bring the 3 into play a lot and would expect around 10 goals from a few of them in this league. 

Sign Sammon, Denny Johnston and a younger one on loan and that would do us for up top in my opinion.