The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Wonder how BSLM is regarded at Livi and whether there is anyone there he could tempt with some football.

Had heard a rumour he was trying to tempt Sibbald back.

Wonder if Holt would want Tidser as a swap.

Edited by AL-FFC

15 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Sibbald is getting first team game every week just now, doubt he would drop 2 divisions??

Hadnt looked at Livis line up for a while and last time i did he was on the bench as sub for a few games (unused) but that was a good while ago.

Just had a look it's only in their last 3 games he has featured, before that he had  only played one game in October. Going back over it in fact he has played 5 games in all of them he has been subbed, with the exception of 1st game of the season in which he was a sub.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:
From what I was told yesterday the only funds are going to be through wheeling and dealing. Are M&M capable ?

As I said earlier, I think they'll try and get some players to find other clubs so they can free up wages. Tidser's wage would likely allow for two players to come in

Madness if we try to offload him to bring in someone who, ability wise, won’t be able to lace his boots.

There’s absolutely no way Tidser has been given a fair crack of the whip. Certainly not by the new pair. Unless he’s being a disruptive influence in the dressing room or quite blatantly showing zero interest in being at the Club, then he ought to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

4 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Madness if we try to offload him to bring in someone who, ability wise, won’t be able to lace his boots.

There’s absolutely no way Tidser has been given a fair crack of the whip. Certainly not by the new pair. Unless he’s being a disruptive influence in the dressing room or quite blatantly showing zero interest in being at the Club, then he ought to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

Trouble is players like Tidser is a luxury player it would be great if we were setting the heather on fire and running away with the league but we arent and he doesnt come across as the sort of player that is up for a battle, its bad enough we have players that couldnt be arsed before Ray got emptied.

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Hadnt looked at Livis line up for a while and last time i did he was on the bench as sub for a few games (unused) but that was a good while ago.

Just had a look it's only in their last 3 games he has featured, before that he had  only played one game in October. Going back over it in fact he has played 5 games in all of them he has been subbed, with the exception of 1st game of the season in which he was a sub.

And he is widely known to be absolutely miserable at the club, hating every minute of it.  Still don’t think he’s drop two divisions though.

18 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

On what evidence?  I can think of one game where he’s been decent.  Presumably the same is true in training, otherwise he’d be starting.

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

And he is widely known to be absolutely miserable at the club, hating every minute of it.  Still don’t think he’s drop two divisions though.

Might be so but did anyone ever think players like Stainrod, Waddle, Mo Johnson, Kevin Drinkell or MacAvennie would play for us not that i am using him as a comparison but players have their own reasons for wanting a move and given him and BSLM are mates it might be leverage enough for him to come back though it woulld more than likely be a loan i dare say.

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I was told at the game that Gomis was carrying a knock, however, I met a club employee last night who told me that he was fit but that M&M just wanted to change things up a bit. He certainly made a huge difference when he came on.

Strikes me as mental, cause in the last game at Stark’s Gomis absolutely bossed the first half. If it was a strategy to have him fresh for the second half, good for them, if risky. He was an absolute beast against us, at least for a half, the last two times.

48 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Strikes me as mental, cause in the last game at Stark’s Gomis absolutely bossed the first half. If it was a strategy to have him fresh for the second half, good for them, if risky. He was an absolute beast against us, at least for a half, the last two times.

He had been poor(ish) in the previous two games and I don't think has lasted the full 90 minutes in a match yet. 

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

On what evidence?  I can think of one game where he’s been decent.  Presumably the same is true in training, otherwise he’d be starting.

On the evidence of the times I’ve watched him play. Every time he came up against Falkirk for Morton, particularly last season, he stood out like a sore thumb. Absolutely strolled it each time and controlled most of the games. He was excellent for us against Dumbarton in the 6-0 game and even in the 1-0 defeat at Broadwood, when he was unduly subbed at half-time, he didn’t do much wrong. He’s a player I actually enjoyed watching when he was at Morton. Rarely ever wasted a pass. Always calm and composed on the ball, could pick a great pass, took a good set piece, could hit a free kick. That’s the player I want to see shine for us. But during McKinnon’s horror era, there were times he was receiving the ball deep on the left of a midfield 4. He’s never going to be a Latapy or a Sibbald where he takes the ball and beats 3 men. But play him in the number 10 role behind the strikers and I genuinely think we’d have a player who wouldn’t look out of place in some Premier League sides. All about opinions I guess but there has to be some sort of reason why it’s just not happening for him at Falkirk, because it’s certainly not his ability in question.

Trouble is players like Tidser is a luxury player it would be great if we were setting the heather on fire and running away with the league but we arent and he doesnt come across as the sort of player that is up for a battle, its bad enough we have players that couldnt be arsed before Ray got emptied.
He did well in a relegation scrap for Morton last season

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

He did well in a relegation scrap for Morton last season

Morton weren't in a relegation scrap last season.

Kevin Beattie:

To my fellow Falkirk fans,

It is with much sadness and regret that I hereby resign from my role as non-executive director of Falkirk Football Club. As a lifelong passionate supporter of the club, it has been a tremendous honour and a privilege to have served on the board for the past 6 months. However, due to the totally unacceptable bullying treatment I have been subjected to by some of my fellow directors, I have no alternative but to leave my position. Being physically threatened by a fellow board member in the presence of other board members and the team manager is certainly not something I expected when I agreed to join the board.

In over 30 years of full-time employment, I have never witnessed this type of behaviour or been treated in this manner and I am very surprised this conduct and attitude seems to be condoned by the rest of the board. Also, during the recent managerial turmoil, I was given no support whatsoever over the social media episode when I seem to have been found guilty of an action I did not commit. The result of this is that I have been thrown under the bus as a sacrificial scapegoat by members of the board to protect their own self-important status.

During my time on the board, there have been various stories which have been leaked from the board room, including the previous interim chairman telling anyone who would listen to him that Mark Campbell was “The new Craig Whyte” during the early days of the proposed takeover. From my perspective, that type of thing is highly unprofessional but sums up the current level of integrity at the club. My aim on joining the board was to try to improve the fans perception of the board and foster a better relationship with the fans. Sadly, I have to admit to failing to achieve this and will now revert back to being a fan and part of the true lifeblood of the club. To say I am extremely disappointed at the treatment I have received from fellow board members would be an understatement to say the least. I am delighted however we have a true professional in Gary Deans who hopefully can stabilise the ship and take things forward.

Finally, I will now utilise my spare time to support Strathcarron Hospice who at least value my spare time greatly.

COYB

2 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

A player that is regarded a baller by Morton only in his career, I can count on one hand the decent  games against us and he has followed that on at Falkirk.

I hoped he would prove me wrong as I've never rated him but he hasn't, his mobility is poor, looks unfit and is here for the cash. I am not Sibbalds biggest fan but I'd take Sibbald anyday of the week, tho will never will happen.

If Tidser had anything about him, he would stick out like a sore thumb.

See Gomis