The Falkirk FC Thread

Absolutely mental decision. After that East Fife debacle as well. We're rancid and I've seen nothing to suggest McCracken and Miller are the guys to sort that (or that they aren't to be fair - they are completely untried).

Should have been interim until the end of the season, or until something noticeably changed on the field. 

They might win the league, but so might have McKinnon. We really are a clown shoe organisation.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If I was a cynic (I am) I would say this move is part of the marketing push to shift half season tickets.

They probably seen the uptake when they announced the MC takeover and thought why the f**k not it worked last time.

10 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I would rather two ex-players, especially Lee who has a couple of decades of links with us than some generic bob-a-job manager who is has no interest in Falkirk rather than to get a pay cheque.  Many on here can hum and haw with comments like "I wish them well BUT ......".   Well I wish them well with no buts.   

No critical analysis of the bizarre way in which this has happened puts you squarely in the "part of the problem" camp. 

The good news for you is that theres plenty company there. 

12 hours ago, brokeville said:

Absolutely the correct decision to appoint them. Bringing someone else in now would put us back and we’d kiss goodbye to automatic promotion. Let’s get behind them and watch out for some new faces in January. COYB

Is this a parody post?

I have more problem with the decision making process than the outcome. The three games they've had were as if McKinnon never left - despite what anyone says we were murder against Linlithgow, I didn't see Stranraer and last week at East Fife felt like one of the countless pish away games at Dumbarton or Airdrie. Team selections have been insane for me so far. 

If they had been given till the end of the season when they first came in, I'd have said fair enough. If they had run all over these teams in the first three games and the board had acted, then fair enough. But performances have been poor. There is no coherence or thought process.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Is this a parody post?

I have more problem with the decision making process than the outcome. The three games they've had were as if McKinnon never left - despite what anyone says we were murder against Linlithgow, I didn't see Stranraer and last week at East Fife felt like one of the countless pish away games at Dumbarton or Airdrie. Team selections have been insane for me so far. 

If they had been given till the end of the season when they first came in, I'd have said fair enough. If they had run all over these teams in the first three games and the board had acted, then fair enough. But performances have been poor. There is no coherence or thought process.

It reeks of Lex about to be rumbled by the Herald or someone that there was actually zero applicants. You only have to look at the statement a mere few days ago pledging to thoroughly review these many high quality applicants and make sure we get it right. 

It seems there are some who think people are being negative about Cracks and Miller. Its not that at all. They are squarely in a crossfire through no fault of their own. 

But if the team doesnt show signs of going for it today both in selection and style then by 5 pm today I will be saying that they are wrong for this job regardless how likeable they may be. 

They are new to the job, but against EF last week they have witnessed the myth that is our GA figure. We cant rely on that. We have to go after teams. Others wont be as wasteful as they were last week. If they havent learned that then their coaching isnt keeping up with the curve for me. 

Serious question, do you think that there is link between dropping the youth set up with where you find yourselves now?
From the outside I always thought Falkirk had a great football model of bringing your own players through and selling them on, couldn't believe that plan was dropped.
I obviously don't know the ins and outs of it all, but I just remember thinking it was the wrong move at the time.
Sorry if this has been brought up before!

1 minute ago, Starks Park Kdy said:

Serious question, do you think that there is link between dropping the youth set up with where you find yourselves now?
From the outside I always thought Falkirk had a great football model of bringing your own players through and selling them on, couldn't believe that plan was dropped.
I obviously don't know the ins and outs of it all, but I just remember thinking it was the wrong move at the time.
Sorry if this has been brought up before!

It is more of a symptom than the cause IMO. It was one decision in a long line of awful decisions which has led to this point. It is tough to point to a single moment, it's down to the zoomers who are in charge.

I wish the lads well. They are going to need a lot of luck to make a go of this. Any manager would struggle to come in with the lack of a stable base and the divide between fans and club far less two rookies.

Until someone out there can get a grip of the club by the scruff of the neck and give us all a fresh outlook this will sadly be Groundhog Day.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

It’s a valid thought, but aren’t the majority of the players on two year deals and the “new” managers out after one? As others have noted, if there isn’t some money for signings, there isn’t much threat to the current team. You can’t make the team much more compact without having a real risk if some injuries hit. Leaving M&M as lame ducks seems an interesting choice, regardless of the reasons.

As for the South Stand, they’ve paid for it for 10 years now and are starting the 11th. Since no one has the details, we can assume a slowly escalating rate that reached £75,000 in 2017-2018, so it’s likely close to £80,000 this season. If you wing the numbers, that’s around £740,000 in rent paid since opening in Aug, 2009. The stated build cost was £2,000,000, so I’d be amazed if there wasn’t a mandated required payment period, probably in the 30 year range, with SA depreciating the asset value for tax savings and then planning on selling the stand to the club for a few beans, right about when it needs redone.

While digging that up, I found a report that Falkirk (City) contributed £3.1M and Falkirk FC contributed £2.8M to build TFS...so who was the moron that made the deal that gave all the upside and value to the city? Simple math says the club should have owned about 45% of TFS.

We got well and truly screwed. The council valued their own land and inflated it by letting the mugs in the Falkirk Boardroom think a hotel would be coming as an income steam. 

The council played a blinder on this when you consider with knocking down Brockville they got the increased value of the Incinerator and Bleachfield package to Miller Precast.

Our only physical asset is as a minority stakeholder in Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd which to be blunt is near worthless. Why ? because it is only of use to a Football Club and nobody else would want it.

No 4th stand ego trip until FFC buy the stadium company and surrounding facilities outright. 

6 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Absolutely mental decision. After that East Fife debacle as well. We're rancid and I've seen nothing to suggest McCracken and Miller are the guys to sort that (or that they aren't to be fair - they are completely untried).

Should have been interim until the end of the season, or until something noticeably changed on the field. 

They might win the league, but so might have McKinnon. We really are a clown shoe organisation.

No way McKinnon was winning this league, thats as crazy as your interim till end of season quote.

McKinnon would've got us into play offs but Stevie Wonder could've achieved that as manager.

3 hours ago, champions said:

Do some falkirk fans want us to lose so they can say "I told you so"?

Seems that way.

That’s pish mate. Absolute pish.

I hope we win every game between now and the end of the season and Miller and McCracken turn out to be our best managers ever but the way this has been handled is yet another example of the absolute clusterfuck that exists at the club just now.

Numerous managers have come and gone but we are completely without direction as a club. It’s a mess.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

The last time there was a surge of positivity on this thread was when we acquired Hartley.
I wouldn’t pay too much attention.....

At least with Hartley we got six months of watching decent, winning football.