The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think it's time to ditch Amarillo and get something more suitable -

I see your Doom and Gloom by the Rolling Stones and raise you Gloomy Sunday by Billie Holiday, "the suicide song".

1 hour ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

You really need to take some time away from P&B.
Fucksake we’re stuck in league 1 and need the kind of players like Dowds to get us out of it, players that know what its like to play in this league and even more important Want to play at a higher level so will work their arses off to get us out of it. Look at the shite we’ve had to endure recently. We are where we are due to so many bad decisions but there’s no point in continually moaning about it. I never renewed my season ticket last year due to how I felt about how we were being run into the ground by the MSG, but that tantrum has gone now. We’re hopefully heading in the right way out of a pandemic and I for one can’t wait to see Falkirk playing again, no matter what league we’re in.
My advice to you, get on board or f**k off because it’s getting really tedious now.

Calm doon sir the game is all about opinions. To me I have every right to be concerned if we're replacing a guy that guarantees you 20 odd goals a season at this level with someone who hasn't scored that many goals in his career.  Its a gamble. It might come off it might not. I for one hope we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket in hoping that a young boy like dowds is going to do for us what mcmanus has done.  I'd like to think that along with dowds we'll be signing a striker with a proven track record at this level. Next season we will need to be a whole lot better than last season as I expect McCall to have Partick far stronger than Raith were this season. At the moment we're weaker even with dowds so a lot of work to be done.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

If we do sign Dowds I think it will also ease some fears about the managers after signings like De Vita in January, young players like Dowds won't be available in January so they probably had their hands tied with who they could bring in!

We couldve signed lyons in January.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We couldve signed lyons in January.

Was there room to sign him though? We already had our quota of forwards in January!

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Calm doon sir the game is all about opinions. To me I have every right to be concerned if we're replacing a guy that guarantees you 20 odd goals a season at this level with someone who hasn't scored that many goals in his career.  Its a gamble. It might come off it might not. I for one hope we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket in hoping that a young boy like dowds is going to do for us what mcmanus has done.  I'd like to think that along with dowds we'll be signing a striker with a proven track record at this level. Next season we will need to be a whole lot better than last season as I expect McCall to have Partick far stronger than Raith were this season. At the moment we're weaker even with dowds so a lot of work to be done.

I agree with that, Raith were pretty pish so we will have to improve a good bit to challenge Partick. Will be interesting to see who else comes in. 

Livi signing a striker from Queens Park today who was at Kilsyth Rangers in the Juniors a year ago. Plenty folk want to go "lol scout the juniors" but there is talent there if you look hard enough. Another player just down the road from us who I'd wager no one at the club had even heard of.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Livi signing a striker from Queens Park today who was at Kilsyth Rangers in the Juniors a year ago. Plenty folk want to go "lol scout the juniors" but there is talent there if you look hard enough. Another player just down the road from us who I'd wager no one at the club had even heard of.

Would he cover the near post at corners though?

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We should've punted macmillan back to St Johnstone or signed him instead of da vita who was a complete waste of time.

St Johnstone would only have taken him back if they would have offloaded all his wage in January which they couldn’t do.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Shouldve swapped him for maclean then.

:lol:You're at it. This isn't football manager.

Did we have the budget to pay the fee for Lyons? Did Thistle not buy him then loan him back to Montrose as part of the deal? This is for a player who finished with 10 goals + 2 assists rather than Dowds with 6 goals + 4 assists. Not a huge deal between them stats wise.

Edited by wee_bairn

5 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Did we have the budget to pay the fee for Lyons? Did Thistle not buy him then loan him back to Montrose as part of the deal? This is for a player who finished with 10 goals + 2 assists rather than Dowds with 6 goals + 4 assists. Not a huge deal between them stats wise.

My comment was in reply to someone saying you can't sign young players in january.   Lyons to me looked decent when we played montrose. Dowds not so much.We wouldn't have had the budget because we pished it down the drain on 3 players that didn't add much at all to the side unfortunately.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Most of the budget would’ve went to us covering more of McManus wages also.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Great. Would have shifted a lot of season tickets that!

Again I was simply replying to someone who said you struggle to sign young players in january. Although I reckon he would've been less of a gamble than dowds.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again I was simply replying to someone who said you struggle to sign young players in january. Although I reckon he would've been less of a gamble than dowds.

Why? What would your reaction have been if we'd signed Lyons in January?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Are you saying that Hartley's team would have performed better if the fans hadn't got behind them?

I.think what he's saying is that you can back the team all you want but it makes feck all difference if you sign shit players like we have for years now. 

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Why? What would your reaction have been if we'd signed Lyons in January?

I can only go in how they've looked against us and lyons always looked excellent. Dowds on the other hand didn't impress anywhere near so much and in the 2 0 win at tfs could only get a place on their bench, came on and did hee haw.

Edited by Shadwell Dog