The Falkirk FC Thread

I think its important that if the NB group are putting together something that there is an attempt to unite the other fans groups first and appeal to any fans who'd like to be involved to be part of the bid.  
My concern with the NB bid last time was that there was no detail on who they were.  It seemed like the Rawlins were the best option on the basis that they brought proven successful involvement in football when most of us knew nothing about those involved in NB. 
As others have said, simply running a business and making some money/being a fan isn't a guarantee of being up to running a successful club, far from it otherwise MR and SA would have worked.  Also important any fans bid doesn't become a vehicle for egos to take over.  Important in this regard that there is wide and varied input along with some kind of democratic process when it comes to selecting the new chairman etc.  Hopefully the Rawlins will stay involved in some capacity too.  
I assume everyone is now happy to go back to games.  

I agree about egos and think that has been an issue in the past. Previous boards have included fans who have seen and used it as a status symbol and taken all the benefits that come with being a board member and let it go to their heads, they have allowed themselves to become detached from ordinary fans.

I’m not sure about going back to games yet, I gave up my ST the first year we went down in protests against the board, I renewed when the Rawlins came onboard thinking we were about to see real change only for it to be another false dawn. Hopefully by Xmas we will have a better idea of what is going on and a half ST could be on the wish list from Santa.

26 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I assume everyone is now happy to go back to games.  

Let's see what comes next. I'll go back to home games when there are tangible steps towards fan ownership or at least involvement in running the club. At the moment it is unclear if that is the plan.

Edited by Marshmallo

I think NB and the patrons will need to get their feet in the door first and then will be able to bring others who are interested on board. They are too far down the road to start bringing in more people at this stage and will need to move quickly because there will no doubt be other interested parties sniffing about.

34 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Let's see what comes next. I'll go back to home games when there are tangible steps towards fan ownership or at least involvement in running the club. At the moment it is unclear if that is the plan.

This, and also when Holt is booted x

If I’m completely honest I don’t go to games as often any more, not so much for the political reasons of our illustrious board, but more because I have started to feel more and more detached from the club at every level.
I can’t think of a time in the past where I couldn’t care less if we lost every one of our players tomorrow or wasn’t gutted about a defeat.
I can only hope that I’ll get that feeling back again sometime soon but there is a long way to go before I think I’ll be desperate to attend every week as I used to do……

See these, I'll only go if X or Y happens - thinking you are some sort moral crusader for the greater good of Falkirk FC - you aren't - you are a glory hunter. Nobody gives a Flying f**k about the board when the team are winning. 

Now we are utter gash, its not good form to say, I only support Falkirk when they have a decent team, you have justify it by saying - until the Club  oes  X or Y,  I'm not going back.

Pitiful behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

See these, I'll only go if X or Y happens - thinking you are some sort moral crusader for the greater good of Falkirk FC - you aren't - you are a glory hunter. Nobody gives a Flying f**k about the board when the team are winning. 

Now we are utter gash, its not good form to say, I only support Falkirk when they have a decent team, you have justify it by saying - until the Club  oes  X or Y,  I'm not going back.

Pitiful behaviour.

I stopped handing over money to the board when they made it abundantly clear that they viewed the fans with contempt around the time of Campbell/Lang and various statements they put out. Nothing to do with "the greater good of Falkirk FC", just a personal choice as a consumer not to part with my cash to people who at best want me to not have any opinion and at worst hate me.

Edited by Marshmallo

Pitiful behaviour.

I haven’t seen a single poster on here that’s said that they will only support the club when we have a decent team.
You should learn to read properly….

7 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Pitiful behaviour.

Cheers Gary.

13 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Pitiful behaviour.

DF4639D3-02BF-4720-ACDF-329F563AF0E6.png

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I haven’t seen a single poster on here that’s said that they will only support the club when we have a decent team.
You should learn to read properly….

My point is that "no show supporters" hide behind board issues - when in reality its all about the shite team.

Why no massive protests when we had a massive loss the year we played Rangers in the cup final - Martin Ritchie even said that was the year the board deserved chased out the club?

My point is that "no show supporters" hide behind board issues - when in reality its all about the shite team.
Why no massive protests when we had a massive loss the year we played Rangers in the cup final - Martin Ritchie even said that was the year the board deserved chased out the club?

Pretty sure I’ve just said publicly on this forum that it’s not the board that stopping me going, it’s disaffection towards the team.
Probably the board did influence that though. It was the board that got rid of the academy meaning we have ended up a club of ever changing and ever replaceable journeymen, rather than a club that was known for developing decent players who you enjoyed watching progress…

15 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Its nothing to do with a shite team, a shite team is a part of the consequence of board decisions. in their decision making again a board issue.

When the team when into liquidation everyone rallied round, we were relegated and season upon season we have still rallied round buying merchandise, season tickets even through the pandemic the fans in the stands cut outs, steps, 50/50 etc i could go on but you expect us to be treated by the board in disdain and accept the blame for their failings and the play the victim mentality, narcissism at it finest

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Its nothing to do with a shite team, a shite team is a part of the consequence of board decisions. in their decision making again a board issue.

When the team when into liquidation everyone rallied round, we were relegated and season upon season we have still rallied round buying merchandise, season tickets even through the pandemic the fans in the stands cut outs, steps, 50/50 etc i could go on but you expect us to be treated by the board in disdain and accept the blame for their failings and the play the victim mentality, narcissism at it finest

I'm willing to bet it was the stick they got in person by Fans at the Airdrie game and those at the Q&A that forced them out. not the people sitting in the house posting on P&B.

I'm willing to bet it was the stick they got in person by Fans at the Airdrie game and those at the Q&A that forced them out. not the people sitting in the house posting on P&B.

I’m willing to bet it was the media ridicule that forced them out, based heavily on the criticism they received on forums such as this one. There really wasn’t the outright rage at the Q and A that there should have been…

1 minute ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

What do you expect people to do well done gary, well done John feel free to tarnish the fans rep even further, they are part of the decision making at the club and up until the AGM they really havent been called into question. The Zoom q and a with the questions posted in gave them a get out of jail free card and bought them some time. even with Rawlins coming on board gave them a bit more time once that was done it was all them and still no change really.

my general apathy started after Yogi took us down and we fielded a bunch of kids the next year. If ai wanted to watch 18yr old knock a ball about I'd have went down the park on a Sunday. However, I've largely kept going through thick and thin despite this but I really do find it hard to get over excited when we win/lose or draw.

The other part is the constant change out of players which makes it almost impossible to connect to the players and therefore the club.

Apart from Houstie's tenure when we had Vaulks et all I can barely name a player since Yogi left

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m willing to bet it was the media ridicule that forced them out, based heavily on the criticism they received on forums such as this one. There really wasn’t the outright rage at the Q and A that there should have been…

Well I saw Deans look pretty bloody angry and embarassed when arguing with a guy at full time at the Airdrie game and old dears giving him pelters whilst waving walking sticks - Thats from prime punters. He wanted no more after that.

Get beat of Alloa, he'd have needed security. 

There is a point here, if the board were really bad and not pantomime villains then the Inverness cup final would've been the perfect time for a Ritchie/Alexander out display on a world stage! However they made good and bad decisions, were unlucky with timings ie, our best team in 20 years arrived with rangers/hearts/hibs/Dundee utd all around the championship even covid stopped us at least having the chance of going up by finishing the season. Board decisions and interactions with fans have been terrible last few years and the team have been getting worse. This could be a pivotal moment in our history and could hopefully be the catalyst for a rise up the leagues #COYB (is the coyb Facebook enough for everyone,  lol)

29 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

my general apathy started after Yogi took us down and we fielded a bunch of kids the next year. If ai wanted to watch 18yr old knock a ball about I'd have went down the park on a Sunday. However, I've largely kept going through thick and thin despite this but I really do find it hard to get over excited when we win/lose or draw.

The other part is the constant change out of players which makes it almost impossible to connect to the players and therefore the club.

Apart from Houstie's tenure when we had Vaulks et all I can barely name a player since Yogi left

When was that?