The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Probably shite for Dowds on a personal level as it looks like there's something special going on at Arbroath this season and I reckon most folk would love to see them get promoted.
End of the day he's a Falkirk player with his loan ending next week and there's no doubt he's a better option than Ruth/Wilson and most likely Keena too so I expect us not to loan him out again.
Honestly can't believe we loaned him out before Holt got rejected by those 17 strikers, absolute madness and must be the only reason we signed Wilson.

He was loaned out well after Wilson was signed, sure he was on the bench for the first few league games. 

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

In which case, he can GTF anyway.
However I’m hopeful you’ll be proved wrong under a new manager…

I'm sure he'd be absolutely devastated at GTF from the biggest laughing stock in Scottish football, especially since the alternative will be staying at a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League and playing under a manager getting the most out of him. Gutted, so he would be. Heartbroken.

I'm sure he'd be absolutely devastated at GTF from the biggest laughing stock in Scottish football, especially since the alternative will be staying at a club challenging for promotion to the Premier League and playing under a manager getting the most out of him. Gutted, so he would be. Heartbroken.

Maybe that will be the case but your coming across as if we’ve made a huge mistake loaning him out.
All I recollect at the time was criticism of him on here so he went to Arbroath on loan with hope that his game would improve. That’s clearly happened so now we hopefully want to bring him back to improved our flailing front line.
Not sure why you have such a problem with that really?
Clearly he’s been treated poorly by Holt but I don’t think there’s one of us on here that wouldn’t be glad to see the back of him and hope that that is imminent…

f**k me, on a human level, I'd be inclined to let him stay and have a crack at helping Arbroath get up in what might be a one-off season. Bringing him back to our rabble almost feels like cruelty, especially considering the way he's been treated by Holt.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

22 minutes ago, Beaver The Bairn said:

The Dowds situation feels incredibly weird. I’d love if he came back and was that player for us but we are many, many, many players away from being competent. His performances deserve a move and I hope he gets it and leads Arbroath to the Premier League. 

Fck me and appreciate the love, call it whatever but he’s a Falkirk player and if he can stick a huge two fingers to the guy mentioned, couldn’t give a toss. We’ve got a forward line that couldn’t score in the Manique

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

Let’s just remember that Holt singled out and embarrassed two strikers who are still employed by the club to justify his signing of Wilson. For that alone he should have been binned. Why would Dowds want to come back and work his arse off for a club that put that out for everyone to see. 

Borderline gross misconduct for him to make those comments in a public forum tbh - but football is a funny business 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Maybe that will be the case but your coming across as if we’ve made a huge mistake loaning him out.
All I recollect at the time was criticism of him on here so he went to Arbroath on loan with hope that his game would improve. That’s clearly happened so now we hopefully want to bring him back to improved our flailing front line.
Not sure why you have such a problem with that really?
Clearly he’s been treated poorly by Holt but I don’t think there’s one of us on here that wouldn’t be glad to see the back of him and hope that that is imminent…

What I have a problem with is your "he should be coming back here fired up with a point to prove or he can GTF" line. He's more than proving his point, on a consistent basis at the moment, for a team sitting on top of the Championship despite being less well-resourced than their competitors. And I'd be quite happy for him to continue doing so in order to show Holt up for what he really is. Dowds may well return imminently, because ultimately it is not his choice. Let's not pretend he'd come anywhere near us if it was. Or that he should be delighted about it. And it's not incumbent upon him to prove his worth or his commitment or his quality to this club. He's doing that at a far higher level than we're currently at.

What I have a problem with is your "he should be coming back here fired up with a point to prove or he can GTF" line. He's more than proving his point, on a consistent basis at the moment, for a team sitting on top of the Championship despite being less well-resourced than their competitors. And I'd be quite happy for him to continue doing so in order to show Holt up for what he really is. Dowds may well return imminently, because ultimately it is not his choice. Let's not pretend he'd come anywhere near us if it was. Or that he should be delighted about it. And it's not incumbent upon him to prove his worth or his commitment or his quality to this club. He's doing that at a far higher level than we're currently at.

Never once suggested he should be delighted to come back but if he comes back with no fire in his belly to prove everyone wrong he’ll end up just being a number in a long conveyor belt of recent Falkirk failures. Let’s be honest, the general trait of the majority of current Falkirk players is a sense of lack of commitment. In which if he’s one of them, I’d rather not see him back.
If he ends up staying at Arbroath then good for him but he will forever have been surplus to requirements at Falkirk, a failure for us and a point unproven….

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Sure it’s been mentioned before but perhaps Dowds stays at Arbroath and we get someone on loan from them (Patterson) a player we could have had over a year ago under M&M.

That would be magic. No sure wtf we are doing letting Patterson go on loan to such a low level. Bo’ness athletic?? The guy looked like he could’ve broke into our team, we just gave him a deal till 2023 too.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

41 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That would be magic. No sure wtf we are doing letting Patterson go on loan to such a low level. Bo’ness athletic?? The guy looked like he could’ve broke into our team, we just gave him a deal till 2023 too.

Taking into consideration Dowds your ‘such a low level’ comments sticks to f**k pal. It’s quite clear even to a casual observer that we are under where we ought to be - I dare say in next few years yourselves might be at ‘such a low level’.

well done on this season though, love to see a team outperforming so called bigger teams with sheer hard work and determination 🥳

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

The fact is if Dowds scores, assists and works as hard here as he seems to have done at Arbroath he will be loved. If he was as ineffective as he was in his first stint he won’t be. Simple stuff. 

I think you could have Harry Kane upfront and it wouldn’t make a big difference, are the strikers missing chance after chance?  We create next to heehaw. We play so slowly and have no idea what we are doing in the final third. Dowds or anyone won’t make a bit of difference.

Rennies team appears to play the same way as Sheerins, the only difference was the post match interview Rennie saying we needed height in the box. Maybe Dowds can do that? 

2 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I think you could have Harry Kane upfront and it wouldn’t make a big difference, are the strikers missing chance after chance?  We create next to heehaw. We play so slowly and have no idea what we are doing in the final third. Dowds or anyone won’t make a bit of difference.

Rennies team appears to play the same way as Sheerins, the only difference was the post match interview Rennie saying we needed height in the box. Maybe Dowds can do that? 

Wouldn’t take too much from last week’s game, it was almost a case of whoever was fit got a jersey.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Never once suggested he should be delighted to come back but if he comes back with no fire in his belly to prove everyone wrong he’ll end up just being a number in a long conveyor belt of recent Falkirk failures. Let’s be honest, the general trait of the majority of current Falkirk players is a sense of lack of commitment. In which if he’s one of them, I’d rather not see him back.
If he ends up staying at Arbroath then good for him but he will forever have been surplus to requirements at Falkirk, a failure for us and a point unproven….

He's been publicly humiliated by a senior employee of the football club. A lack of "fire in the belly" to return to that particular environment whilst said individual remains in employment and continues to hold influence is perfectly understandable. A truly poisonous situation.

43 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Taking into consideration Dowds your ‘such a low level’ comments sticks to f**k pal. It’s quite clear even to a casual observer that we are under where we ought to be - I dare say in next few years yourselves might be at ‘such a low level’.

well done on this season though, love to see a team outperforming so called bigger teams with sheer hard work and determination 🥳

I was on about Bo’ness athletic not Falkirk?????? You’re one league below us ffs. Paranoid much? 😂

Patterson is on loan at Bo’ness Athletic. I am saying it would be class if he could go on loan to Falkirk instead. Cause Bo’ness Athletic are shite and Patterson looks very promising 

eta : I actually think we quite clearly have a much better squad than 5 of the teams in the league btw it’s not purely work rate and effort etc we have some good football players  

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Not seen Arbroath play much but it appears to me Campbell has an old fashioned team. Most other teams including us have Largs ideologues as managers who think the game must be played a certain way. Not just run more, have faster, stronger players. Get your best players on the ball in the final third as often and as quickly as possible..