The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

All good points, but to be clear, you should not expect people to invest their hard earned cash into the club when they cannot see or feel confident that the money will be put to a good use.
It’s up to the board, not FSS to demonstrate that….

The two patrons have invested 10k each mind you so I very much doubt they want their money used for anything other than good either.

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

All good points, but to be clear, you should not expect people to invest their hard earned cash into the club when they cannot see or feel confident that the money will be put to a good use.
It’s up to the board, not FSS to demonstrate that….

That is a fair point, but another point is that the more we invest, the more influence we have on these decisions. And of course, the bigger picture is that fans have more ownership in the longer term.  

This is a long term project - today, it's Holt. Next season it might be a director or a player or a manager or something else. If we refuse to engage if we don't like one thing that's happening - however strongly felt - then we'll never, as can't, have enough influence. 

That is a fair point, but another point is that the more we invest, the more influence we have on these decisions. And of course, the bigger picture is that fans have more ownership in the longer term.  
This is a long term project - today, it's Holt. Next season it might be a director or a player or a manager or something else. If we refuse to engage if we don't like one thing that's happening - however strongly felt - then we'll never, as can't, have enough influence. 

It’s quite simple really. Once the board actually communicate with us what the future strategy is and we can feel that the right building blocks are there I’ll feel the desire to help financially.
At the moment I have no idea if we are going from one disaster to yet another.
I’m well aware that we cannot have our cake and eat it, however I’d like to at least know the cake hasn’t long past it’s sell by date…..

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s quite simple really. Once the board actually communicate with us what the future strategy is and we can feel that the right building blocks are there I’ll feel the desire to help financially.
At the moment I have no idea if we are going from one disaster to yet another.
I’m well aware that we cannot have our cake and eat it, however I’d like to at least know the cake hasn’t long past it’s sell by date…..

I understand that 100%.  Are you boycotting matches, FFcTV, merchandise etc too?

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Can I just do a head count of those who have said they’d join FSS only if GH left? Not being facetious - I’ve seen a couple of folk mention it and we’ve had one cancel his subs after one payment citing that as a reason. It’d be useful to know so we can either discuss your perception of what FSS is about and where our powers are in reality, or make sure we chap your door once he leaves 🙂

I will sign up the second Holt is gone, Stuart. 

it’s not your fault he’s still here, but I won’t put any money in until he’s gone.

I should caveat that in fairness with the note that if we sign Goodwillie, I will not contribute a single penny to the club, ever again, in any way, even if Holt is gone. 

Can I just do a head count of those who have said they’d join FSS only if GH left? Not being facetious - I’ve seen a couple of folk mention it and we’ve had one cancel his subs after one payment citing that as a reason. It’d be useful to know so we can either discuss your perception of what FSS is about and where our powers are in reality, or make sure we chap your door once he leaves 🙂

This is the first year I've had no ST since I started out. I've paid into the odd game this season but no more than that (I've yet to see a home win).

Now that there has been boardroom changes, the only obstacles preventing me from signing up to FFS and purchasing a ST for next season is Holt.

I appreciate your just in the door but thats really what it comes down to.

I have joined FSS. I cannot stand Gary Holt but it would not stop me from joining as I trust the new board members to sort things out.

If Goodwillie signs, I will never be back.

This is the first year I've had no ST since I started out. I've paid into the odd game this season but no more than that (I've yet to see a home win).
Now that there has been boardroom changes, the only obstacles preventing me from signing up to FFS and purchasing a ST for next season is Holt.

I appreciate your just in the door but thats really what it comes down to.

Same here. No season ticket and selective re matches now.

Just now, Beaver The Bairn said:

I have joined FSS. I cannot stand Gary Holt but it would not stop me from joining as I trust the new board members to sort things out.

If Goodwillie signs, I will never be back.

This for me too, I’ve joined FSS and I bought a half ST after the board changes but I won’t be back if Goodwillie signs. Not what I want at my club.

Guest Ecosse83

It will be the Rawlins that want Holt to stay, they seem to think he’s the bees knees!  From what I’ve heard they still have a very big say on how things are ran. 

I wouldn’t be having a go at the new board without knowing the ins and outs first. 

The new board… WOW

zero communication 

sycophancy to the most hated member of staff EVER

letting that same individual make another uninspired signing

Chasing Goodwillie.

I’m out.

50 years supporting this but I can’t go on.

Shambles

BPM - laughable 

Can I just do a head count of those who have said they’d join FSS only if GH left? Not being facetious - I’ve seen a couple of folk mention it and we’ve had one cancel his subs after one payment citing that as a reason. It’d be useful to know so we can either discuss your perception of what FSS is about and where our powers are in reality, or make sure we chap your door once he leaves [emoji846]
Thats me Stuart.

I dont know you or any of the lads that run FSS but let me assure you, the moment that little jerk is gone, Falkirk FC will have my money, just as Back the Bairns got my pocket money 20 odd years ago.

As an adult human being, there is no room in my life to tolerate someone who holds me in the contempt Gary Holt does so openly.

Same as Ruggy on Goodwillie btw. I would never be back and neither would my kids.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Because we pay his fucking wages!

And of course he has been shown such love  and appreciation from all involved at Falkirk, from being slated by the DOF at your fan meeting, to being no 4 striker , too being abused by most posters on this. Forum , for eg, from some as “ dugshite” or  the  new directors latest spokeperson on here ,BPM , saying his level is that of a university team,! I am sure Arbroath are having to lock him up in Angus, such is his desperation to get  back to  a club of such positivity, harmony  and support😂ps wouldnt be surprised if Arbroath are paying most of his wages and he will undoubtedly earning more money their with the win bonuses he is receiving on a league up,  which seem  of late to be of less regularity with your team.

I he will be desperate to get back no doubt.

Edited by Its not only a game

I just hope ATS turns out to be a decent signing, however the last thing we need is the club announcement on one of the worst players to wear the navy blue returning from loan. I can only assume that the contracts given to this guy and the others are void and based subject (solely) on winning the league, and void if we don’t ( I really f……. Hope so)

Come on guys

We can’t have it every way. There’s been constant moaning about lack of comms. from club so they release a page on the website informing us one of our players is coming back from a loan spell. I don’t feel they are dressing this up as a new signing in any shape. We’re merely being told he’s on his way back and I’m sure if Dowds does does likewise they’ll be a suitable announcement.

I think sometimes people are looking for issues that are plainly not there.

I know it’s probably not the announcement that everyone want but at least we are being kept up to date.

Thanks for that!!!

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Come on guys

We can’t have it every way. There’s been constant moaning about lack of comms. from club so they release a page on the website informing us one of our players is coming back from a loan spell. I don’t feel they are dressing this up as a new signing in any shape. We’re merely being told he’s on his way back and I’m sure if Dowds does does likewise they’ll be a suitable announcement.

I think sometimes people are looking for issues that are plainly not there.

I know it’s probably not the announcement that everyone want but at least we are being kept up to date.

Thanks for that!!!

I’m 100% behind the new board and I do want more updates and communication but I think I would have just let Wilson slip back in quietly. Just my opinion though.

13 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

And of course he has been shown such love  and appreciation from all involved at Falkirk, from being slated by the DOF at your fan meeting, to being no 4 striker , too being abused by most posters on this. Forum , for eg, from some as “ dugshite” or  the  new directors latest spokeperson on here ,BPM , saying his level is that of a university team,! I am sure Arbroath are having to lock him up in Angus, such is his desperation to get  back to  a club of such positivity, harmony  and support😂ps wouldnt be surprised if Arbroath are paying most of his wages and he will undoubtedly earning more money their with the win bonuses he is receiving on a league up,  which seem  of late to be of less regularity with your team.

Hardly locked up in Angus as he still trains at TFS.

I’m 100% behind the new board and I do want more updates and communication but I think I would have just let Wilson slip back in quietly. Just my opinion though.

Possibly Harry but many would complain they were not being kept up to date with latest news

And of course he has been shown such love  and appreciation from all involved at Falkirk, from being slated by the DOF at your fan meeting, to being no 4 striker , too being abused by most posters on this. Forum , for eg, from some as “ dugshite” or  the  new directors latest spokeperson on here ,BPM , saying his level is that of a university team,! I am sure Arbroath are having to lock him up in Angus, such is his desperation to get  back to  a club of such positivity, harmony  and support[emoji23]ps wouldnt be surprised if Arbroath are paying most of his wages and he will undoubtedly earning more money their with the win bonuses he is receiving on a league up,  which seem  of late to be of less regularity with your team.

Frankly I’d hope he’d be itching to get back to prove a point knowing he has some serious unfinished business.
If he doesn’t he’s probably not someone we need at this point in time…