The Falkirk FC Thread

56 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

A different management team with the same shocking recruitment strategy as before. If only we could pinpoint where it’s all going wrong…

Ridiculously early to be coming out with this sort of patter.

The transfer window is not even open yet!

It's no secret that sheerin and Holt had been looking at players before the decision to sack sheerin was taken. I would presume ATS was one they were looking at.  The guys been unattached so I would presume he's been in and about the club so that Rennie can have a look at him and see whether he is interested in him or not. He obviously then decided he would take him and he's signed up.

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Why is everyone getting on the case of BPM? All the guy has done is put some money in and given his opinion. He’s not Gary fucking Holt FFS. 

Not trying to get on his back btw. Don’t know him personally at all but he is clearly a football and falkirk man through and through. But I will continue to try and stop any revision of what Holt does - he is clearly instrumental in recruitment (which after Summer is baffling)

Any realistic hope of winning the league is long gone but we absolutely must be getting into the promotion playoffs.

Most likely the Championship team in the playoffs will be one of Morton, QoS or the Fifers.*

Three shades of shite and not to be feared.

Just the small matter of us getting our act together in the meantime.

*Forgot about Ayr every bit a shite as the others.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Just now, bairn88 said:

Not trying to get on his back btw. Don’t know him personally at all but he is clearly a football and falkirk man through and through. But I will continue to try and stop any revision of what Holt does - he is clearly instrumental in recruitment (which after Summer is baffling)

Well yeah, I mean hes either instrumental in recuitment which was part of his remit when he came on, or we are paying him 50k p.a to sit there and do f**k all becnause he cant be trusted to fulfil his remit.

Neither of those scenarios is remotely acceptable because in the first scenario he has proven himself incompetent and damaging, and in the second one, wer a league 1 clusterfuck shelling out a massive wage to someone who cant be trusted to do their job, at a direct cost to the pkaykng budget. 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Any realistic hope of winning the league is long gone but we absolutely must be getting into the promotion playoffs.

Most likely the Championship team in the playoffs will be one of Morton, QoS or the Fifers.

If Martin Rennie gets this pile of shite promoted via the playoffs he'd better win Manager of The Year, Sports Personality of The Year and get a knighthood in the Queen's New Year Honours list.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well yeah, I mean hes either instrumental in recuitment which was part of his remit when he came on, or we are paying him 50k p.a to sit there and do f**k all becnause he cant be trusted to fulfil his remit.

Neither of those scenarios is remotely acceptable because in the first scenario he has proven himself incompetent and damaging, and in the second one, wer a league 1 clusterfuck shelling out a massive wage to someone who cant be trusted to do their job, at a direct cost to the pkaykng budget. 

This 100%. 

11 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If Martin Rennie gets this pile of shite promoted via the playoffs he'd better win Manager of The Year, Sports Personality of The Year and get a knighthood in the Queen's New Year Honours list.

Quite obviously there will need to be squad strengthening in the January sales.

49 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Most likely the Championship team in the playoffs will be one of Morton, QoS or the Fifers.*

*Forgot about Ayr every bit a shite as the others.

No chance of getting into the promotional play-offs. 

Even if a miracle happened and they did, there’s no chance of winning them - 3 rounds of wins against teams far better. 

Not a cats in hell chance. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Holy f**k. Rennie picks from the players presented to him by the DOF. That’s the model. That’s our famous infrastructure. If being faced with the decision to sign a player or stick with the shit he’s got he’s going to sign a player all day long. It’s the quality that is being presented to him that’s the problem. 

We know what Martindale did at Livi and to be quite honest we don’t give a f**k. It’s what Holt is doing here that’s the problem.

Holt is a disaster. I know it, you know it and your patron pals know it.

You have gone from criticising Holt and the club at every opportunity to splitting hairs and looking for loopholes and IMO you are losing credibility by the minute. 

I have consistently stated all along Holt should be gone. I even went on a podcast and said it the day Sheerin was sacked. 

I have not changed my mind and won’t his track record is awful. 
I trust those making the decisions at the club now, bearing in mind they have all the facts. Now my relationship with them gives me that confidence, I understand that, and probably would be as seething as you seem to be without it. 
We want to see the same thing to happen. Hopefully it is a matter of timing, I have no idea either way. 

I say again Martin Rennie is not flying 3500 miles and recruiting Kenny Miller as his assistant to be signing players he doesn’t think are good enough or what he needs and wants. Again I have been consistent with that view. If Holt was the person who flagged him up - does it really matter? He would not have been signed without MR and KM wanting him. That is all that matters. If he is rotten then it is on their heads. 

Guest TedCrilly
1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jaime Wilson back. Jesus wept perhaps we could do a special loan deal of him and Holt's son on a 2 for the price of one basis.

I’d assume he’s back through Elgin’s choice and not through us wanting him to return. Hopefully find a new club for him in January.

Guest Ecosse83

It does look iffy that we have signed an ex player Holt has managed but Livingston is only 20 odd miles away so could be a coincidence.

We will know more soon enough! 

12 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Announcing the return of our own player from a loan where he couldn’t get a game for Elgin as if it’s a new signing.

Deary me.

my thoughts exactly. another reminder of holts incompetence. another hopeless footballer taking a wage for 2 years.