The Falkirk FC Thread

The thinking of playing Williamson so advanced is well off imo. It’s the same reason that he doesn’t work at ring wing back is his biggest threat is his running from deep. Defensively he’s definitely dodgy as best but playing right-back in a 4 gets the best out of him going forward.

Surely Seb Ross would be better than Miller and deserves a chance. He’s not good enough either but at least he gives you legs to get about the park. 

Seb Ross gives you legs but he’s absolutely invisible. At least Miller will at least make some fouls in there.

This is by no means an endorsement for Gary Miller as he should be nowhere near the team however.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Russ said:

The thinking of playing Williamson so advanced is well off imo. It’s the same reason that he doesn’t work at ring wing back is his biggest threat is his running from deep. Defensively he’s definitely dodgy as best but playing right-back in a 4 gets the best out of him going forward.

Yes I agree it’s not ideal but I’m just desperate to get us away from the usual 352 that’s not working 

26 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Mutch

miller.      Watson.  Mills.   ATS 

Williams  Jacobs. Telfer  McGuffie    

Griffiths.  Dowds 

Thats how is line up today with that 11

Surely mcguffie at lwb and miller in the middle with the usual 3 at the back?

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

If he does that I think he would need to play a CD as a full back. We may get away with ATS at LB but who would we play at RB? Would need to be Miller or one of Mills or McKay. We already know that Miller's not up to that anymore, Mills or McKay at RB? We would need to hope that Mills could play there I think!

Some folk have said that we should go with Williamson and McCann as FBs. Could work, may even be worth a try and I actually think McCann's a better defender than some think; Williamson on the other hand...

Better trying Wilson than Williamson yet again. At least the lad won't pull out of tackles....

Walking in today I saw a supporter with what looked like a beach towel in the style of the classic Hummel top from the early 90s. Is that available to buy? I'd never seen it on the shop website.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ricey has Alloa two up against Cove.  Typical that he could get a result like that in one game whilst we've failed miserably to beat a decent side in years.

There’s over an hour to go. It’s not a result yet. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ricey has Alloa two up against Cove.  Typical that he could get a result like that in one game whilst we've failed miserably to beat a decent side in years.

Funny how Rice can turn Alloa's fortunes around in just 1 game but we've got to give our new managers time.