The Falkirk FC Thread

Mind when folk said about four games into Rennie's tenure that he was miles out of his depth and no better than Sheerin, and folk were quick to jump saying "it's far too early to judge, got to give him time"?

This is all the evidence we need

Sheerin 16 games 22 points

Rennie 16 games 18 points.

His “scoring more goals” and “more secure at the back” has in the last 4 games against Airdrie Montrose Peterhead and Cove seen us score 1 and concede 10 (Cove game not yet finished).

Cove headed for a 30 point lead over FFC. An utter disgrace, and MR not the answer.

Still think they will keep him.

On 27/03/2022 at 17:08, bairn88 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we “do a 2021” and just crumble away, picking up at most a point or 2. Players know they won’t be here, management probably do too 

Turns out a point was ambitious. Can't even muster a goal. Not good enough. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I never want to see Griffiths in a Falkirk top again.

He was a gamble we just had to take!

another toothless loss at home, just 1 shot on target. officially season over 10 points behind queens Park.

if the board give rennie the job next season they will lose all respect. there is absolutely no evidence to say he has what it takes. he's got nothing out of this squad and tellingly his own signings too. 

Think I'd rather draw a line under things, tell Rennie & Miller their contracts won't be extended & go in a different direction.

As if they remain, I fear we'll be in Groundhog Day territory come November. Paying them off with no change to the outcome of their organisation & recruitment.

In appointing somebody else, they'd have two windows to bring in their own signings & stamp some authority & personality on the team. Anybody out of contract can go.

Write next season off, to get things right, You never know, it MIGHT just give them a chance of making the play off. Something they've now missed two seasons on the trot.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

He was a gamble we just had to take!

Eh? They've had well documented problems in the middle of the park for years, but they'd rather spaff any cash on a faded 'star' & have no known means of supplying him, or any of the forwards they might have.🤷‍♂️

He signed Kabia & had Dowds returning, more than enough. The money should have been spent elsewhere in the team.

Just now, kiddy said:

Eh? They've had well documented problems in the middle of the park for years, but they'd rather spaff any cash on a faded 'star' & have no known means of supplying him, or any of the forwards they might have.🤷‍♂️

He signed Kabia & had Dowds returning, more than enough. The money should have been spent elsewhere in the team.

I was quoting another poster from earlier in the week.

I'm on record as saying when we signed him it would be an absolute shambles of a signing.