The Falkirk FC Thread

Leaks over potential signings happens to literally every club in the country. More often than not caused by the player himself, agents, or friends/family of the player. 

The far more important decisions eg Holt getting binned are where I’ve been impressed. 

Pretty quiet on here just now.

I was just thinking (Dangerous I know)

The CI guys have done a brilliant job with the renaming of the south stand.

Just for fun and looking to the future, who would be the next deserving former bairn for the renaming of our north stand?

What about the Russell Latapy Stand?

Any better ideas?

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Leaks over potential signings happens to literally every club in the country. More often than not caused by the player himself, agents, or friends/family of the player. 

The far more important decisions eg Holt getting binned are where I’ve been impressed. 

This Board is much more leak proof than before. So far I have been impressed - I have gotten to know a couple of them since their election and they tell me nothing that is important to keep secret.  It is how it should be even if it is frustrating not to hear the gossip. In the past people liked to show off or even leak to manipulate opinion (we all know the worst person for that) so it is is good to see they are more serious.

It may be in the future we need to criticise the Board but so far not on this issue.

2 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Pretty quiet on here just now.

I was just thinking (Dangerous I know)

The CI guys have done a brilliant job with the renaming of the south stand.

Just for fun and looking to the future, who would be the next deserving former bairn for the renaming of our north stand?

What about the Russell Latapy Stand?

Any better ideas?

Yogi purely for getting them relegated. 

On a more serious note, probably Alex Totten? 

14 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyone writing off Blair Alston after his pretty ineffective second spell with us should remember that he was surrounded by utter, utter shite.

I’m not saying Alston was fantastic, far from it, but you do just get certain players/teams who don’t seem to gel as well as they should.

Simon Stainrod Stand next for me. I love wee Crunchie to bits and he is so deserving of this accolade. In terms of some of my favourite moments following the Bairns it would have to be God next.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Would love a statue of Simon Stainrod. 1 of him standing on that table on the Brockville Turf holding the league trophy above his head would be outstanding 🤣

Edited by Scott

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

Would love a statue of Simon Stainrod. 1 of him standing on that table on the Brockville Turf holding the league trophy above his head would be outstanding 🤣

I mind actually being there when the big man did this. I cannot remember but can anyone confirm it was a wallpapering table he stood on? The more I think of it it couldn't have been as he was some size of a man.

36 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

No chance. Mr. Falkirk my arse.

Fucked off to be the assistant manager at his beloved Ibrox.

21 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

You must be the drummer boy with that kind of disclosure as biggest fan of franchise united. Who’s your proper team before the West Lothian experiment was launched?

Think you've misread my post, I'm calling him the biggest fan of conspiracy fc with the amount of conspiracies surrounding Livi he's making up.

Either way though, you've got me confused for someone else as Livi as a club are older than me :D 

1 hour ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Willie Cunningham, Geordie Gibson, John Markie, George Watson, Andy Nicol, Crawford Baptie, Wilson Hoggan, Brian Brown and Scott McKenzie would all be more deserving of the honour than Alex Totten.