The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Not my politics that’s for sure but there’s no denying we’ve always been viewed as a unionist club. Certainly not worth causing arguments between the fans over. 

It absolutely is worth telling them to stop associating that rag with us.

9 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Not my politics that’s for sure but there’s no denying we’ve always been viewed as a unionist club. Certainly not worth causing arguments between the fans over. 

There’s plenty of denying it. Get it  fucked in the bin. 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We do pay rent for the south stand to Sandy Alexander, think it’s in the region of 60k per year. 

During the coffee king fiasco, the amount was more than that. From accounts, in 2020, £75,000 was paid…in 2021, £18,750 was paid, but the accounts were only through 31 May 2021. I also believe the amount increases yearly by a fixed formula.

12 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Fairly happy with that unlucky not to be infront but also unlucky not to be behind. Mackie giving me the fear again. Alegria sending the defender for a pie was a massive chance for Morrison. 

Trying to get my head around “unlucky not to be behind”. That’s a proper mind bender.

1 hour ago, AdamAnt said:

News to me! In fact for some reason most of my rangers supporting mates have it in they’re  heads we lean the other way! 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

During the coffee king fiasco, the amount was more than that. From accounts, in 2020, £75,000 was paid…in 2021, £18,750 was paid, but the accounts were only through 31 May 2021. I also believe the amount increases yearly by a fixed formula.

There is no fixed formula, it’s whatever Sandy decides it is! He owns the bloody thing! Rumour has it he’s left it to the club in his will. 

6 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

News to me! In fact for some reason most of my rangers supporting mates have it in they’re  heads we lean the other way! 

Old firm fans think anyone that hates their side must lean towards the other. Most Falkirk fans detest both as far as I can see.

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Most Falkirk fans detest both as far as I can see.

This is definitely true but being a Unionist club has nothing to do with the OF. It just happens one of them also buys into that nonsense. So do Hearts also for example though. 

This is definitely true but being a Unionist club has nothing to do with the OF. It just happens one of them also buys into that nonsense. So do Hearts also for example though. 

Can you please do us all a favour and piss off if you are going to spout pish?…

6 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

The words “unionist club” gives me the absolute boak and it’s something I’m glad the club has never associated itself with politically. Now please stop talking utter drivel, no other Falkirk fan I know actually agrees with this nonsense.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

For gods sake our team are playing and you are banging on about a stupid flag.

Give it a bloody rest.

I think we’ve done okay tonight without really creating anything but I’m absolutely fuming at the marking for that goal. Even before the corner came in Ashcroft was standing with nae c**t near him and it was the easiest header he’ll ever have.

Carbon copy second half to Saturday with the difference being it wasn’t only a 20 min spell tonight it was the full half. Passing was particularly poor. Mackie awful again, like Saturday. Hopefully McGinn replaces him and Henderson moves to CB.

Edited by Tea and Busquets