The Falkirk FC Thread

The bit everyone forgets is that a lad of 16/17 coming into the first team is on a lot less cash than a jobber at 29 who has had 10 clubs in 10 years. It then allows you to bring in quality to fill in the gaps like Taylor, Farid and McGovern 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Demanded nothing of the sort. Over say a 5 year spell it is reasonable to expect 10-15 players to come from the academy into the first-team squad.

That end product and the funds generated from sales finance the whole operation that's how an academy system works.

Re read your initial post.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Forgot about Alston, he just left at the end of his contract, like Sibbs. I had Scobbie and Barr as pre-academy as I don't think it was officially an academy at the time. Still came through the youth system though.

Barr was in the youth system in the Brockville days (YTS?) Scobbie was part of the Academy set-up along with Arfield, Mitchell, Allison. Stewart etc.

IMG_9301.JPG

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'll guess at Williamson, McKay, Wilson & Martin.

If true I’m assuming M&S have been given the green lights to tell players (McKay not so sure as 1.5 years still to run)there unlikely to figure in remaining games. Hoping there’s some positive news behind this if true as maybe releases funds for one/two players.

Barr, Rodrigues, Twaddle, Milne, Andrews, Higgins, Barclay, Ireland, Dodd, Craig, Lima.

X, Mitchell, Robertson, X, Arfield, Stewart, Staunton, Scobbie, X, Allison, X, Moffat.

McStay, Gow, Thomson, Churchill, Rice, Hughes, Latapy, Cregg, Moutinho, Ross, O'Donnell.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

That rules out Morrison Hetherington McGuffie who wouldn’t pass the minimum height requirement 

They would in both Trumpton and Camberwick Green. None of Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert Dibble or Grubb were over 18” tall.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Been hearing that 4 players may be dropping to part time with careers in the fire service in the pipeline.

I've got in my head that's what Durnan is now doing whilst playing part time for Alloa. Him handing out the refer a friend vouchers could be the single best thing he ever done for our club.

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Does that encompass three or four financial years? Can you confirm our monthly intake 

Last I heard there were 620 members contributing an average of £12 monthly so that's £7440. That would work out at £267k over 3 years.