The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Being that far behind Dunfermline is failure Shadwell. 

Dunfermline have just come down from the league above we on the other hand had just finished 6th in the league below 35 points off the leaders who are now rock bottom of that league. I'm not sure how coming second having a chance at reaching the cup final  and cutting around 20 points off a previous season deficit can really be seen as failure.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's quite amazing how much John McGlynn got into the Fifers heads with an off the cuff comment about corners. Weirdos. 

Anyway, last night's call to sack McGlynn and get someone else is for the playoffs..... Oooft. tumblr_e6c4053dbca95a38abb049a2293ee07d_f4cdf165_400.gif.ad390aed90d3e3e14a914fbf3d95cc36.gif

Not exactly what I said though, is it? 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Dunfermline have just come down from the league above we on the other hand had just finished 6th in the league below 35 points off the leaders who are now rock bottom of that league. I'm not sure how coming second having a chance at reaching the cup final  and cutting around 20 points off a previous season deficit can really be seen as failure.

First of all, let's take reaching the cup semi final out of it, we got really lucky with the draws and nobody could have predicted Darvel beating Aberdeen.

The board have backed McGlynn to the hilt, he has signed a whole team of players and loanees so you can't possibly compare the team from last season with this season's. If any of last season's team are playing this season (Nesbitt, McKay, McCann, Morrison) it is because McGlynn wants to play them and not because he doesn't have any other options available. We should have run Dunfermline much closer than being 13 points behind. If we were a couple of points behind them I would have seen us as plucky losers, 13 points behind is a capitulation.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's quite amazing how much John McGlynn got into the Fifers heads with an off the cuff comment about corners. Weirdos. 

Anyway, last night's call to sack McGlynn and get someone else is for the playoffs..... Oooft. tumblr_e6c4053dbca95a38abb049a2293ee07d_f4cdf165_400.gif.ad390aed90d3e3e14a914fbf3d95cc36.gif

There's getting into someone's head and those someone's just laughing at the guy for sounding like a choob. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Was the plan to get him to sit at the side while someone else got a wee shot?

Read what I said. Dependant how we fair the next few matches. I’ve got zero confidence at present of him steering us through the playoffs. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The play offs are a totally different kettle of fish to these end of season league games.

They are. We'll be under infinitely, infinitely more pressure to perform there than we were yesterday. Which makes that second half car crash when under zero stress all the more concerning. Especially as it followed on from a 15 minutes of very similar madness exactly one week before. When we were 2 goals up at home and under zero stress.

If McGlynn cannot get a grip of this - whatever it is - and very, very quickly - we are going nowhere.

8 minutes ago, AGPar said:

They are. We'll be under infinitely, infinitely more pressure to perform there than we were yesterday. Which makes that second half car crash when under zero stress all the more concerning. Especially as it followed on from a 15 minutes of very similar madness exactly one week before. When we were 2 goals up at home and under zero stress.

If McGlynn cannot get a grip of this - whatever it is - and very, very quickly - we are going nowhere.

For both sides remember not just us. The supporters mindset will be different too which does give players a lift IMO. 

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Looking at the highlights it's a poor pass back when he could easily have punted it out for a throw. Hit nowhere near hard enough. 

People seem to forget we were 35 points behind cove last season . At the moment we're 12 behind Dunfermline but comfortably ahead of the rest. Id have thought the vast majority of us would've bitten your hand off for that and a cup semi final last June.

I don’t think anyone I’d disputing that there’s been improvement on last season. I think it is fair to say that was the bare minimum expectation, especially given McGlynn has brought in virtually a whole new squad.

However, 17 wins out of 33 in the third tier including 1 in the last 7 is a record that would’ve seen previous managers going out the door so I do think some of the praise he’s had hasn’t been justified.

Of course the cup run has been a positive but we have undeniably had a fairly easy run with only playing one team above us. Albeit, McGlynn has done well to navigate these games.

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Our players mentality really worries me, they seem to crumble every time our fans turn up in numbers. We have expectation to get all the way with these play-offs and fans will get on the players backs if they happen to have a weak showing. They could have 6 thousand fans booing them if they lose to Airdrie. 

I personalky THINK that the players will show up focused for these playoffs. 

It's annoying though, and concerning, that I have to draw my own conclusions over that rather than watch them play at the same level they have been and know that we have the best chance we can have of going up. 

17 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Our players mentality really worries me, they seem to crumble every time our fans turn up in numbers. We have expectation to get all the way with these play-offs and fans will get on the players backs if they happen to have a weak showing. They could have 6 thousand fans booing them if they lose to Airdrie. 

The thing that seriously pisses me and a fairly large number of other fans off, at yesterdays match, is how easy we simply flick the light switch. A relatively decent first forty five descending into a shiteshow second forty five. Players unable to carry out  basic tasks, loss of concentration, wrong ball so many times, poor defensive understanding, midfield that were simply overrun, and for me a manager that lets the wrought linger far too long when changes are needed. The buck stops with the manager and although he’s had  a fairy easy ride, a very noticeable number of fans rightly having a go yesterday.

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Fantastic play on halfway but bit of a reach to claim sclaffing a shot to Kennedy is anything other than extremely fortunate. In fact that just about sums him up completely.

If I didn't know otherwise I'd assume you were Gary Oliver.

I thought it was a scuff too but watching the highlights back his foot is angled towards Kennedy. The stick he gets is unbelievable. Should be him and Burrell up front. 

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I personalky THINK that the players will show up focused for these playoffs. 

It's annoying though, and concerning, that I have to draw my own conclusions over that rather than watch them play at the same level they have been and know that we have the best chance we can have of going up. 

Just be thankful yous ain't playing us

Having just watched the highlights, at the time i felt Rowe was part of the cluster f**k, but he actually did his job. It's Kinnear and Mckay not talking to eachother. 

Starting to wonder if maybe we should get the performance coach lassie that Housty used in for the next few weeks to sort out the focus and mental side.