The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Are you sure? We missed one Falkirk Daft prize because of a hand over of responsibilities didn't take place quick enough (our bad but it is back in place  now) but else we have published several newsletters and produced the fund raising Semi t-shirts (buy here  https://falkirk-supporters-society.teemill.com/  if interested) which we have also given out several signed shirts to a number of Falkirk supporter groups as prizes and added around another 20,000£ worth of shares. And hopefully a project we've been working on for several months will be announced soon too. 

And help is always needed - do volunteer - we lost a couple of very active people who resigned from the committee this time, we have the power to co-opt others especially if they come with skills we need.

Yeah I'm sure, but perhaps that post came across more critical than intended. When I'm referring to quantity/quality drop I should have specified and said social media output - even more specifically Twitter output. I still think that is a fair reflection.

FSS and the folk involved are doing some really important things (which I will always applaud). If anyone had the time or inclination to look back on my posts on here they'd see I continually back FSS. In fact I have previously volunteered to help with leafleting etc and another project that unfortunately couldn't be taking forward at the time. Wouldn't surprise me if our 'real life' paths have crossed.

Like I said. Give it a few weeks till my head is no longer filled with a dissertation and exam and I'll step forward to give a hand.

Ps - T-shirt has already been purchased and proudly worn.

1 hour ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Don’t mind at all. 
I set out my thoughts to one of the FSS Directors a few weeks ago. 

That’s good to know thanks. As I said, I’m sure that would have been welcomed but it may be best to follow up with an email too, to get answers to your queries.

I do appreciate you and many others can’t commit  much time but that’s not a lot of different from those on the FSS committee. Most are in the same situation and do what they can but without them, there would be no FSS. They haven’t been closed to others joining and there is little interest for many to put themselves forward for any elections so it’s not the fault of the FSS if they can’t find more fans to help run the organisation. 

I’m sure everyone will agree there is always room for improvement but that often can’t happen unless more with the necessary skillset are able to join, particularly those with ideas they want to push forward. 

Also think asking FSS for targets places unfair scrutiny on a voluntary organisation with no resources. They did some research that gave a realistic membership total however how quickly they get there is anyone’s guess. It depends upon many factors and most of which are outwith the FSS control. 

I’m certain you and @Back Post Misseshave great ideas so you should honestly get in touch with the committee and see what it would take to implement them. It might not be as time consuming as you think. 

33 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone heard any updates on Agyeman? Apparently we've signed him on a pre contract. Probably a lot of pish though.

I'd have had him in January but if we're in the championship next season I think there's better out there we could bring in. 

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

That’s good to know thanks. As I said, I’m sure that would have been welcomed but it may be best to follow up with an email too, to get answers to your queries.

I do appreciate you and many others can’t commit  much time but that’s not a lot of different from those on the FSS committee. Most are in the same situation and do what they can but without them, there would be no FSS. They haven’t been closed to others joining and there is little interest for many to put themselves forward for any elections so it’s not the fault of the FSS if they can’t find more fans to help run the organisation. 

I’m sure everyone will agree there is always room for improvement but that often can’t happen unless more with the necessary skillset are able to join, particularly those with ideas they want to push forward. 

Also think asking FSS for targets places unfair scrutiny on a voluntary organisation with no resources. They did some research that gave a realistic membership total however how quickly they get there is anyone’s guess. It depends upon many factors and most of which are outwith the FSS control. 

I’m certain you and @Back Post Misseshave great ideas so you should honestly get in touch with the committee and see what it would take to implement them. It might not be as time consuming as you think. 

Got the t-shirt 🙈

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Anyone heard any updates on Agyeman? Apparently we've signed him on a pre contract. Probably a lot of pish though.

There was a rumour we were after him and Barjonas. As others have said he was linked with a few clubs. Don't see him being at Kelty next season. 

19 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Burrell missing two good chances. That one there was a sitter. 

First one he was on his heels and the second one even with his lack of game time he's missed about 10 of the same chance as that this season. 

28 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

McGuffie surely needs to be away in the summer. Can’t just pop up with a couple of stunners per season. 

Two semi final defeats guaranteed under mr plan A

Bin him tonight and show some ambition 

2 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

We’re back to playing “one half good one half dreadful”

It could be a ploy to lull Airdrie or our playoff opponents into a false sense of security.

But most likely, we’re just garbage and bottling it

Where was the one half good tonight?