The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Totally agree. For FFC, “progress” and “going in the right direction” cannot be gauged by making us a neat and tidy L1 side.

Pre-season expectations change. I think in budget terms, the Board backed McGlynn heavily. When we signed the likes of Donaldson, Henderson and especially McGinn, that was not the sign of a club expecting to be kicking around L1 for much longer.

The title is gone. Failing in the play offs for our squad will be a failure…..I don’t think it can be spun any other way.
Recruitment has been pretty good, but compared to McPake, building a side that seems organised and disciplined still looks to be some way off.

It’s amazing that the “pile of shite” that McGlynn inherited still provides a significant number of his first team picks including one getting a two year extension for contributing a dozen or so decent performances in two years.

Anyone not prepared to see that McPake has completely outperformed McGlynn in every meaningful way is kidding themselves on.

Considering the fact we've been anything but a neat and tidy league one side over the past few years then it certainly means progress to me.  It's only a first step though.  He's going to be here another season whatever happens so we back him and hope the trajectory continues upwards. If it doesn't he'll.be away but as I said that's a good way away yet. Considering the other option put forward by the bod at the time was Jim McIntyre I'm certain glad the bod opted for mcglynn. 

55 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Or maybe think that our best chance at promotion will be to change the manager. No chance that will happen so hope that I’m wrong.

Sacking the manager one game before the end of the season with playoffs coming up must be one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while. 😂

Making progress from last season or the one before shouldn’t earn any manager kudos, that was the lowest Falkirk Fc had sunk in a good 50 years. Improving on that should be the absolute bare fucking minimum. 
promotion is a success, the cup is a nice to have ( we didn’t have to play anyone all that strong to get there) 

There’s probably no point in changing managers if we don’t go up but you have to wonder what’s next if we don’t 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Sacking the manager one game before the end of the season with playoffs coming up must be one of the most ridiculous things I've read in a while. 😂

How is it any different from sacking a manager with 4 games to go in the league? 

I don’t want us to stay in this league one more season and I don’t think we can afford to. I don’t trust McGlynn to steer us through the playoffs so wouldn’t be unhappy to see him go. Know it won’t happen though. Even if we go up I’d be happy to change managers like Queens Park did with McKinnon. I just don’t think he’s the man to take us to where we want to be. 

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Making progress from last season or the one before shouldn’t earn any manager kudos, that was the lowest Falkirk Fc had sunk in a good 50 years. Improving on that should be the absolute bare fucking minimum. 
promotion is a success, the cup is a nice to have ( we didn’t have to play anyone all that strong to get there) 

There’s probably no point in changing managers if we don’t go up but you have to wonder what’s next if we don’t 

What's next is we build on this season.  We continue to build a better side and hopefully win the bloody league .  Mcglynn is already looking at players to bring in . What do you think is going to be next like.

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

How is it any different from sacking a manager with 4 games to go in the league? 

I don’t want us to stay in this league one more season and I don’t think we can afford to. I don’t trust McGlynn to steer us through the playoffs so wouldn’t be unhappy to see him go. Know it won’t happen though. Even if we go up I’d be happy to change managers like Queens Park did with McKinnon. I just don’t think he’s the man to take us to where we want to be. 

Sacking a manager with 4 games to go is just as feckin ludicrous. At this moment in time who would you bring in to guide us through the next 5 games. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Sacking a manager with 4 games to go is just as feckin ludicrous. At this moment in time who would you bring in to guide us through the next 5 games. 

So you were against sacking M&M with 4 games to go? 

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It’s not “completely ludicrous”, there could get a club legend come in for example to give a stuttering club a lift. I don’t think we should though 

It is.  4 games to go bring in someone who doesn't know any of the players, can't bring in any of his own and only has ten days to  train and coach the players. It's absolute nonsense.  Club legends. Aye give it to totts to turn it around. Feck me.

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So you were against sacking M&M with 4 games to go? 

I was against giving them the job at all I've already said that.  4 games to go was far too late and funnily  enough it made absolutely no difference whatsoever.  

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I was against giving them the job at all I've already said that.  4 games to go was far too late and funnily  enough it made absolutely no difference whatsoever.  

We were top of the league with 5 and more games to go so you would have got rid of them then?

I wasn’t keen on giving them the job either but I backed them. I have backed McGlynn but he’s been more of a let down because I expected much better than M&M.

How can you say it would be ridiculous to get rid of him now when you’d presumably be for getting shot of M&M when they were top?

11 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

We were top of the league with 5 and more games to go so you would have got rid of them then?

I wasn’t keen on giving them the job either but I backed them. I have backed McGlynn but he’s been more of a let down because I expected much better than M&M.

How can you say it would be ridiculous to get rid of him now when you’d presumably be for getting shot of M&M when they were top?

I wanted rid of m and m before the season started I've told you that already. It was a strange season. Covid masked a pretty dreadful side with us starting ok and then falling away once the rest got up to speed and then the season stopped we started okay again and then fell apart once others again got up to speed. The season was always going to be a right off with them in charge and their god awful recruitment but the bod were never going to get rid of them when they were top of the league and by the time they came off the top it was too late to do anything.  Sacking them with 4 games to go was a complete waste of time. You surely aren't trying to compare that season with this season though. Jesus wept.  M and M were two absolutely hopeless managers that had zero track record .  Mcglynn is on a different level entirely from those two jokers.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I wanted rid of m and m before the season started I've told you that already. It was a strange season. Covid masked a pretty dreadful side with us starting ok and then falling away once the rest got up to speed and then the season stopped we started okay again and then fell apart once others again got up to speed. The season was always going to be a right off with them in charge and their god awful recruitment but the bod were never going to get rid of them when they were top of the league and by the time they came off the top it was too late to do anything.  Sacking them with 4 games to go was a complete waste of time. You surely aren't trying to compare that season with this season though. Jesus wept.  M and M were two absolutely hopeless managers that had zero track record .  Mcglynn is on a different level entirely from those two jokers.

So I’ll just have to accept that it’s ok for you to have wanted M&M sacked at any time whilst we were top of the league and not for me to suggest McGlynn going before we play 2 vital matches. 

If McGlynn is on an entirely different level when he’s yet to prove it with us. He’s had success in his career but I judge him by what he’s done with us. In saying that his  track record in playoffs is nothing worth shouting about.

In any case let’s leave it there. Hopefully McGlynn does prove me wrong. 

Can the ones that are serious and going on about sacking McGlynn put the drink down and step away from the keyboard, ffs we have been in this league for 4 seasons and other than the covid season this is the closest that any appointment the club has made have got to us to getting out of this league. Rewind to when Holt and when M and M got sacked top bit of the league and we dropped off a cliff edge with that appointment and why in the name of f*ck would anyone sack them for no other reason if we had got to the final and been hammered by Celtic folk would still be calling for his head. The man damned if he does and dam,ned if he doesn't.

Honestly don't know what our support expect, every club goes on a poor run of form (with exception of Dunfermline this season)but seriously do we just demand sackings after a poor result of what a couple of individuals deem unacceptable.  See the next time any of you have a shit day at work or a poor day how would you feel if your boss said you didn't have a good day by the way your sacked, have a word with yourselves honest to f**k.  To achieve what he has in one season is remarkable.

Here endeth the rant

Edited by AL-FFC

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, AL-FFC said:

Can the ones that are serious and going on about sacking McGlynn put the drink down and step away from the keyboard, ffs we have been in this league for 4 seasons and other than the covid season this is the closest that any appointment the club has made have got to us to getting out of this league. Rewind to when Holt and when M and M got sacked top bit of the league and we dropped off a cliff edge with that appointment and why in the name of f*ck would anyone sack them for no other reason if we had got to the final and been hammered by Celtic folk would still be calling for his head. The man damned if he does and dam,ned if he doesn't.

Honestly don't know what our support expect, every club goes on a poor run of form (with exception of Dunfermline this season)but seriously do we just demand sackings after a poor result of what a couple of individuals deem unacceptable.  See the next time any of you have a shit day at work or a poor day how would you feel if your boss said you didn't have a god day by the way your sacked, have a word with yourselves honest to f**k.  To achieve what he has in one season is remarkable.

Here endeth the rant

All about opinions. The club have a long term vision and personally I don’t think McGlynn is the man to fulfil it. 

Queens got rid of McKinnon when he won the league because he wasn’t the man to carry on their ambitions. I doubt they’ll regret that too. Football is a harsh business and although I think McGlynn seems like a decent person, I only care about what I think is best for the club. 

Anyway he’s not going so I’ll be there supporting the team in the playoffs and hope that he can get us through. 

11 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So I’ll just have to accept that it’s ok for you to have wanted M&M sacked at any time whilst we were top of the league and not for me to suggest McGlynn going before we play 2 vital matches. 

If McGlynn is on an entirely different level when he’s yet to prove it with us. He’s had success in his career but I judge him by what he’s done with us. In saying that his  track record in playoffs is nothing worth shouting about.

In any case let’s leave it there. Hopefully McGlynn does prove me wrong. 

He's signed far better players than they ever did for a start .  Delights like da vita, hall ,mercer and todd for example. Complete dross.As soon as they had to start bringing in their own players the whole team went to absolute shit. But for covid we'd have been nowhere near the top of the league that second season of there's.  There was zero chance of us going up under that pair that season .There is not zero chance of us going up.  And mcglynns last playoffs were perfectly acceptable. He put out Dunfermline and then lost to a Dundee side with a far bigger budget in the next round. All in all that season he over achieved considerably with that Raith side.

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

All about opinions. The club have a long term vision and personally I don’t think McGlynn is the man to fulfil it. 

Queens got rid of McKinnon when he won the league because he wasn’t the man to carry on their ambitions. I doubt they’ll regret that too. Football is a harsh business and although I think McGlynn seems like a decent person, I only care about what I think is best for the club. 

Anyway he’s not going so I’ll be there supporting the team in the playoffs and hope that he can get us through. 

Have you seen what's out there with the usual suspects on the managerial merry-go-round ffs we almost succumbed to wanting Yogi back?  Whether you think McGlynns the man or not he has been the best appointment we have had since Housties departure and on its day with some of the football we have seen has been some of the best we have seen in as long.  As for the one suggesting yes SA wants to return to the club appointing a rookie manager how long do you give him on a run of poor results with yet ANOTHER squad rebuild?

Wanting a manager ejected when we are in the playoffs is NOT in the club's best interests.  I can't even believe it's been a point of discussion in all honesty.