The Falkirk FC Thread

Just watched the highlights and have to feel that McGlynn’s handling of Ola this season hasn’t been great. I know he was injured for a time but looking at the game time other players have been given in midfield I feel Ola should have been used a lot more. He has something different/unpredictable about him and I would definitely hope we keep him and play him a lot more.

56 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just watched the highlights and have to feel that McGlynn’s handling of Ola this season hasn’t been great. I know he was injured for a time but looking at the game time other players have been given in midfield I feel Ola should have been used a lot more. He has something different/unpredictable about him and I would definitely hope we keep him and play him a lot more.

I spoke to the lad 3/4 weeks ago when I was in hospitality. He was talking about how much he has learned this season about the game from the manager and assistant. 
I hope we keep him as he does add something different. 

Lawal  gives us some unpredictability and has great close skills. He’s also got a footballing brain and will get goals. Don't know too much about his injury but defo worth keeping. When you look at Nesbitt’s contribution yesterday, the two year deal has went to the wrong player. 

I also think Lawal will change a lot in terms of fitness, physicality, positioning etc with a full pre season with us. 

My only concern is the "luxury" feel about having him in the starting 11 at the moment due to some frailties that can come when we get overrun in midfield, but next season, if we built the team to accommodate him he'd rip this league a new arse. 

I think in the league above, he'd still have work to do to be a starter in a McGlynn side. But he can have a big say in putting us there. 

Just to add to that... Its easy to get roped into Nesbits energy as a plus point over Lawal, but for me Ola will make better use of the ball more often when he gets it. He looks to break lines either with his passing or dribbling.

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just to add to that... Its easy to get roped into Nesbits energy as a plus point over Lawal, but for me Ola will make better use of the ball more often when he gets it. He looks to break lines either with his passing or dribbling.

You need balance and they are two totally different players. I think they compliment each other not too badly 

Have to say I think a trick has been missed with the ticket pricing for Saturday. I’d have been looking to do everything possible to get the stadium packed and give us an advantage, including reducing ticket proved to say £12 (as I’m sure was done for previous playoffs).

Not sure what say the SPFL has but I see that Alloa are allowing season ticket holders in free for both rounds.

In 2015 the SPFL changed the rules to have minimum pricing for the playoff games moreover the play-off income is now pooled in part to help the SPFL to help pay for parachute payments for relegated clubs from the top division. I believe unless there has been some change I missed since then that we have little say over the prices and we will not see any benefit from increased home gates.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

Just now, Kevin James Left Knee said:

In 2015 the SPFL changed the rules to have minimum pricing for the playoff games moreover the play-off income is now pooled in part to help the SPFL to help pay for parachute payments for relegated clubs from the top division. I believe unless there has been some change I missed since then that we have little say over the prices and we will not see any benefit from increased home gates.

Not sure what the position is but there can’t be standardised pricing as Airdrie  are charging slightly less than is as far as I can see and Alloa are letting season ticket holders in free.

Yes but they will still have to give an agreed fee to the central fund as far as I know. It may have been updated since and I've not noticed but I cannot find any reference online to any changes. Basically, like the Cup Semi finals, the money is pooled.

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

12 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Yes but they will still have to give an agreed fee to the central fund as far as I know.

If it's just a case of giving an agreed fee to a central fund then why the need for minimum pricing? Surely the club prices it how they want and then pay their fee?

If there is minimum pricing then how can a club be allowed to allow free entry to a large portion of their fan base?

I'm aware you aren't making the rules btw! Genuinely don't understand the logic here if the above is true.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

31 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

This is not the case at all.

The spfl set minimum pricing for the Premiership play-off games and take 50% of the gate after expenses to help pay for parachute payments.  

In the other play-offs home clubs take all income and set their own pricing structure, including decisions like including it on the season ticket

32 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I’d also be happy to give Watson another year on perhaps slightly reduced terms.

McGlynn will have saw enough of him in training to make the decision but even on reduced terms if he's not going to be a starter he's most likely going to be off elsewhere.

Nice touch from him thanking the club for looking after him.

Watson would maybe do as back up if we’re still in this league but definitely not if we go up Imo. 

We will need better quality in a number of positions in my view and there is little room for handing out more contracts like Nesbitt’s to players who should not be guaranteed starters.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Watson would maybe do as back up if we’re still in this league but definitely not if we go up Imo. 

We will need better quality in a number of positions in my view and there is little room for handing out more contracts like Nesbitt’s to players who should not be guaranteed starters.

The issue with giving Watson a new deal is that he’s an asset when fit, but a huge gamble if his injury flares up. He’s probably one of the highest earners, and there’s no room for passengers. Going by his interview I think he’s been told he’s not getting a new deal.