The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Au contraire, I find it hilarious.

I look forward to him bringing it up again in 2 months time like it's for the first time.

Council stadium ownership, Stadium roof alterations, and Boardroom leaks - Tick, Tick, Tick , he's nothing if not consistent. 

He actually used to post some interesting stuff until this obsession with the stadium fried his head.

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Au contraire, I find it hilarious.

I look forward to him bringing it up again in 2 months time like it's for the first time.

Council stadium ownership, Stadium roof alterations, and Boardroom leaks - Tick, Tick, Tick , he's nothing if not consistent. 

I used to find it hilarious but now I start to wonder if actually he's a bit ill.

It’s up to the home team what day it is but can’t imagine either team want a Wednesday game with Alloa part time they’d have zero training time before the second leg if it is them who finish third.

21 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

You expect them to rip the entire roof off the main, north and south stand in order to lessen their height or even redesign them so they echo the noise better? Do you have any  grip on reality? That would cost a small fortune to do on one stand let alone three!

Not at all.

When the stands require to be refurbished (which they will) it is reasonable that any improvements that can be made be incorporated into the work.

Am not obsessed as some posters have commented. Just somebody that over 60 years has seen the club end up with not one asset they can borrow against and realize that puts the club's long-term future at risk. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not at all.

When the stands require to be refurbished (which they will) it is reasonable that any improvements that can be made be incorporated into the work.

Am not obsessed as some posters have commented. Just somebody that over 60 years has seen the club end up with not one asset they can borrow against and realize that puts the club's long-term future at risk. 

I'm certainly no engineer so don't really know how this sort of thing would work, however, I don't think I've ever seen a club remove and reposition a stand roof as part of a refurbishment?

Happy to be corrected on that though.

26 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

As someone that works in the construction industry I can confirm that completely rebuilding the roofs of the stands is an absolutely idiotic idea 

The design of all structures are governed by strict building criteria and if changed or altered would probably require new stands to be built. Not happening.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Maybe we could put telescopic supports in so the roof could be normal most of the time but lowered for games when building inspectors aren't looking?

Like the main stand at Parkhead?