The Falkirk FC Thread

Personally I just don't trust McGlynn to get us through the playoffs, i think his tactics and the way he will set the team up will cause us to fail. I'd also add on the recruitment front we absolutely never replaced Alegria, you could roll Allan and Wright together and they still wouldn't be as capable a striker. They both look to be panic signings, Wright is just shite and Allan just looks to be the wrong type of player for McGlynn. He could end up being the 2.0 version of Wilson ie sitting on his arse on the bench picking up a wage for the next two and a half years. 

All will become clear in the next two and a half weeks.

Were we to fail in the play offs, would anyone see a difference between going out to another L1 side versus going out to the a Championship side in the final?
Obviously there would be financial ramifications (Cup money being spent on another L1 season rather than building a Championship side).

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Am I mistaken to say he was described as being miles better than any previous incumbents for the last number of years so not just Rennie?

Maybe, canny mind, but, if that's the case why are you continually comparing him to M&M and nobody else? 

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Maybe, canny mind, but, if that's the case why are you continually comparing him to M&M and nobody else? 

I think he might be Big Sexy, posting between hair appointments 

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

This season is the only season I've managed to remotely enjoy really since Houston. That's what it's all about for me in the first place and I think the majority of fans would agree. 

So you can ram your stats. Utterly boring. 

Don't suggest that enjoyment may have a part to play for Christ's sake it's all about stats and how many points m and m had after 18 games. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

All will become clear in the next two and a half weeks.

Were we to fail in the play offs, would anyone see a difference between going out to another L1 side versus going out to the a Championship side in the final?
Obviously there would be financial ramifications (Cup money being spent on another L1 season rather than building a Championship side).

I wouldn't be impressed by us getting pumped out by alloa a side we beat comfortably a couple of weeks ago. Airdrie are a better side than alloa in my opinion but we really should be able to get past them over two legs. The finance available in the championship over the last few years have been substantially more than in league one.  Arbroath are actually getting some decent crowds these days too. Cove continue to be bankrolled by the same lot and have a side still full of experienced players that are perhaps now getting towards being over the hill.  I wouldn't crucify the manager of we lost out in the final to a championship side but it would certainly be a black mark for mcglynn if we can't get past the semi final.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Have you any idea what Owen Coyle would cost? 

Plus his expensive queen's park side have absolutely bottled it over the last few weeks in the championship. Considering how far ahead they were not that long ago  I wouldn't be surprised if he got the boot if they don't win on Friday and fail to win the playoffs. Haughey isn't throwing money at that side just to play championship football.  

Bullen another name mentioned

Had decent backing by the new owners at Ayr but his side were absolutely stinking to watch and despite Ayr being in a decent league position a lot of their fans aren't impressed.  

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Haughey isn't throwing money at that side just to play championship football.

Shame he's built a stadium fit for L2 then.

11 minutes ago, 101 said:

Shame he's built a stadium fit for L2 then.

Feck me have you seen it? Christ almighty  I thought I was at the Henley regatta on Saturday when I went past it. Another haughey vanity project just like the team. Your spot on with the capacity .  Wait and see . Because it's haughey if they go up they'll get special dispensation to play some games there and some at Hampden itself knowing Scottish football.

Edited by Shodwall cat

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Plus his expensive queen's park side have absolutely bottled it over the last few weeks in the championship. Considering how far ahead they were not that long ago  I wouldn't be surprised if he got the boot if they don't win on Friday and fail to win the playoffs. Haughey isn't throwing money at that side just to play championship football.  

Bullen another name mentioned

Had decent backing by the new owners at Ayr but his side were absolutely stinking to watch and despite Ayr being in a decent league position a lot of their fans aren't impressed.  

I'm not convinced there's been any bottling, we all saw the nick of Lesser Hampden on saturday and there's no way that will be ready for next season if they were to get promoted. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there's been a handbrake put on their ambition right now and not going up this season might actually benefit them in the long run

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Forgetting McGlynn for a second but in hindsight would you say any of those sackings were wrong?

Have we progressed any further as a club because of them? 

I can't answer your question as I stayed away after Houston's last season, mainly because I was bored sh*tless with football in general for a few seasons. I've enjoyed this season as my son is getting into football now and getting time just him and I has been great. 

There's no guarantee that a change in manager will see a change in results. I say we stick with what we have for another season but if we were to be scrabbling around after the 1st quarter of next season then questions have to be asked. 

20 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I'm not convinced there's been any bottling, we all saw the nick of Lesser Hampden on saturday and there's no way that will be ready for next season if they were to get promoted. 

Wouldn't be surprised if there's been a handbrake put on their ambition right now and not going up this season might actually benefit them in the long run

So you think players have been told to start playing shit and give up the chance of a medal and a game in the premiership because their ground ain't ready. Wee bit farfetched surely.

The English must be working to different VAR rules than Scotland. That’s 2 nights running (Leicester/Everton & Arsenal/Chelsea) where there has been more obvious intentional hand balls than Saturdays, which haven’t even instigated any review!🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, kiddy said:

The English must be working to different VAR rules than Scotland. That’s 2 nights running (Leicester/Everton & Arsenal/Chelsea) where there has been more obvious intentional hand balls than Saturdays, which haven’t even instigated any review!🤷‍♂️

Just saw it. It's pretty much a carbon copy of Saturday's. 

The blazers and lawmakers are ruining football. 

Just now, Blame Me said:

Just saw it. It's pretty much a carbon copy of Saturday's. 

The blazers and lawmakers are ruining football. 

Given the hand position and movement, aswell as the pace of the ball, James was clearly more of a potential penalty than McCanns. Utter clowns. 

I heard that the 4th stand is likely to be built with seats facing the community pitches and a standing area facing the main pitch. Rooms inside to be used by the community and as hospitality boxes on match days. Mostly financed through grants for the community use aspect. Not a priority but on the radar. 

34 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I heard that the 4th stand is likely to be built with seats facing the community pitches and a standing area facing the main pitch. Rooms inside to be used by the community and as hospitality boxes on match days. Mostly financed through grants for the community use aspect. Not a priority but on the radar. 

Would be brilliant 

56 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Any ideas on size/capacity?