The Falkirk FC Thread

On 03/05/2023 at 21:26, FFC 1876 said:

My two memories of the coconut shy at the Falkirk stadium are Higdon trying to pick a fight with one of our fans who had been abusing him all game and someone asking Lee Wallace to show us his guns.

I remember that as well. Thought big Higdon was genuinely going to banjo that guy. 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Got to think Williamson will play on Tuesday and McGlynn was just taking no chances with him today.

His disgraceful performance against ICT was the last straw for me. Let his man runaway from him at the 2nd goal and stood back and admired the lad crossing for the 3rd.  He is fucking done, can’t defend and won’t last 60 minutes in either game. Smith would take him to the cleaners

Edited by Back Post Misses

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

His disgraceful performance against ICT was the last straw for me. Let his man runaway from him at the 2nd goal and stood back and admired the lad crossing for the 3rd.  He is fucking done, can’t defend and won’t last 60 minutes in either game. Smith would take him to the cleaners

Spot on -  Mackie in at RB 

I hope we play with two up top on Tuesday and if we don't it better not be just Burrell upfront on his own. Trust us to get an important injury with Rowe just before we're going into these games. 

I'd go with:

Morrison
Williamson Donaldson Mckay Mccann
McGinn/Henderson
Morrison Max Kennedy
Oliver Allan

Burrell coming off the bench for the last 30 minutes when they've tired. I prefer Morrison but it's a certainty to be Kinnear. Can't choose between McGinn or Henderson but I don't think we need both of them in there doing the same job.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Spot on -  Mackie in at RB 

Hope Rowe is fit TBH. He wasn’t far away for the semi I believe 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hope Rowe is fit TBH. He wasn’t far away for the semi I believe 

Agree, however if Rowe isn’t fit, I’d 100% consider Mackie as he takes no prisoners and exactly what we need. However can see McKay getting the nod if Williamson has a broken nail. 

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Playing a left sided player right back doesn't work at all, just look at the Mccann vs Kelty game earlier in the season.

Playing a right sided cripple who doesn’t have a tackle in him is not the answer either.

Alloa missing 5 starter players through injury today. Hamilton might get an easy round. 

Morrison injured according to McGlynn. Might make Tuesday. 

Also Pierce Carrol didn’t get on today after seemingly told he’d start. Any idea why? 

Edited by Roboccop