The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Sorry disagree, the BOD must have rubbered stamped Nesbitt getting a two year deal. If this had been Deans and Co in charge there would have been a meltdown.

Reactionary imo. Board should never ever have a say in football matters. That would effectively mean a chairman/woman saying “I know more about football than you, manager”. Some exceptions eg Goodwillie. 

6 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I think it’s 5 times- Bankies, QotS, Ayr twice and Thistle. If you do take him on and he gets you up, remember to sack him immediately if you have ambitions beyond the Championship 

Cruised the championship with one of the best footballing Falkirk sides I've seen.

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Just remembered that wall again for Airdrie's FK goal...

Hahahahahaha 

One of the most bizarre things ever. Everyone around me in the stand pointed it out when he was lining it up; everyone knew what he was going to do. And we just let it… happen.

Having stated my preference for McGinn & Henderson being subbed in the first 15 mins, there was a case for McKay & Williamson being hooked after about half an hour too. (The latter limping off injured later anyway #surprisesurprise)

That the two wingers looked still to be under instructions to hug the touch line & lump crosses in too. As opposed to taking men on, heading into the box & try to entice a challenge, is worrying. There’s zero invention in the side.

Edited by kiddy

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He might not be Pep Guardiola but in his last spell at this level he took a collection of rejects, journeymen and literal actual farmers and got 100+ goals out of them. Whether he'd go considering his general dislike of clubs that are financial and organisational basket cases is another story, not least because the last one had the temerity to sack him.

If Falkirk fail to get promoted next season then they'll have beaten Ayr's five-season spell from the early 2000s, which was the nadir of the club for two generations.

This is our worst spell in our entire 147 year history. 

The entire fucking thing.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

One of the most bizarre things ever. Everyone around me in the stand pointed it out when he was lining it up; everyone knew what he was going to do. And we just let it… happen.

I wasn't there and will of course never watch the highlights, but I'm getting flashbacks to Bobby Olejnik. Every free kick within 25 yards was basically as good as a goal. 

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Just remembered that wall again for Airdrie's FK goal...

Hahahahahaha 

Yeah, the guy was going to take it with his left foot until the the other guy over the ball went “nah, leave it” and proceeded to pass it into the net side footed. No bend, no dip, no pace………just a side foot into the net.

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Reactionary imo. Board should never ever have a say in football matters. That would effectively mean a chairman/woman saying “I know more about football than you, manager”. Some exceptions eg Goodwillie. 

Correct the BOD shouldn’t have a say in football matters, however they should always be involved with the financial implications of every deal struck. 

Complete & utter shambles tonight as just about everyone knows. I wasn't one asking got McGlynn to be sacked before but a 6-2 defeat to a close rival , not one of the Old Firm, is a sackable offence I agree.

But in my opinion I think he should get the game on Saturday, no that I can see us scoring 4 or 5 without replay not with this defence, but I do think he will change the tactics and get some sort of a reaction out of the players. We ain't going to get another manager to take over now and no one knows what McGinn or a ny other current would be like as a coach. McGlynn and his assistant, who suddenly isn't getting mentioned in all this despite it being constantly referred to as M&S or the like. at least got us to 2nd. Let him see it out, you never know, football can be crazy sometimes.

But the two of them need to go on Saturday and we start again, again - this is beyond embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Correct the BOD shouldn’t have a say in football matters, however they should always be involved with the financial implications of every deal struck. 

👍 Entirely within the BoD’s remit to question player salary, and justification for a two year deal. Not within the BoD’s remit to select or de-select Nesbitt.

Also, Mcglynn after a PJ Morrison mistake (that no one can actually remember?) “he’s lost a wee bit of confidence so we’ve rotated”. I believe we actually won the last game Morrison played (before Peterhead) 

Kinnear has had rock bottom confidence for a month and looks a husk of a man - where is Mcglynn now? 

14 minutes ago, kiddy said:

How hard is it to realise you’ve made a mistake in set up, within minutes of a game starting, & make the changes required to counteract the advantage your opponent is taking full use of?

It might have kept you in the tie, but to wait until halftime & make a like for like switch was ridiculous.

100% this.

I posted a few days ago that I didn’t want McGlynn in the first place but talking about sacking him was daft.

Slight change in outlook after that scandalous first half, get him to f**k now!

For a manager to watch his chronic team selection get dismantled from the off and do nothing to remedy the situation is completely unacceptable and shows that he is tactically inadequate.

Genuinely never been as angry at a football match as I was this evening.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

This is our worst spell in our entire 147 year history. 

The entire fucking thing.

That's true of Ayr as well to be fair. The second-worst spell ever was the Roberts era where the club threatened to drop to the fourth tier for the first time. Suppose you still haven't managed that.

Just now, Thumper said:

That's true of Ayr as well to be fair. The second-worst spell ever was the Roberts era where the club threatened to drop to the fourth tier for the first time. Suppose you still haven't managed that.

Yet

I’m not going into our defensive misgivings but I wish we’d drop the tippy tappy/hesitant style and play a more counter-attacking style. Ideally it would be more possession based but I’m sick of watching our teams in recent years making a hash of it. 

Just keep it tight at the back, let the other team do what we’ve been doing and when it breaks down, hit them fast and effectively. Just like Airdrie in that first half.

2 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Do you prefer us playing in league 1 for 5-seasons as opposed to challenging for top 6 in the SPL? 

We nearly didn't have a club due to George hiding the vat demands behind the sideboard. That and his ludicrous idea to give Eddie May the job started this slide all those years ago.  Finally the way he treated club stalwarts like Sarah Scott and big craw was an utter disgrace. The guy was a complete buffoon.