The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

It truly is. But I might just be able to top you there

I had a look at our record in the bigger, head-to-head type games since relegation in 2019. So four season's worth of league matches against the following clubs:

Airdrie, Cove Rangers, Dunfermline Ath, Partick Thistle, Queen's Park, Raith Rovers

P 35  W 3  D  15  L 16

Which translates into 24 points gained from an available 105 

Absolutely frightening numbers

Nothing further. Speaks for itself.

Who was the 3rd win against. I know we’ve beaten Airdrie twice in our League One time, but I can’t find any wins against Cove, Dunfermline, Partick, Raith or Queens Park in our League One time since 2019 on checking our h2h record against these clubs. We’ve beaten Partick but that was in the cup.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Guest Ecosse83

Not sure I’d let Mcglynn loose with next seasons budget with some of the shit he has signed this season but if he’s under contract then probably won’t have much choice! 

Season tickets will 100% take a dive though 

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who was the 3rd win against. I know we’ve beaten Airdrie twice in our League One time, but I can’t find any wins against Cove, Dunfermline, Partick, Raith or Queens Park in our League One time since 2019 on checking our h2h record against these clubs. We’ve beaten Partick but that was in the cup.

Cove Rangers, 1-0 at home early in the Covid season under M and M (Morrison I think). They were top at the time and, from memory, hadn't even dropped a point. Fell away quite dramatically after that, the shame of defeat to us in an important game simply too much to bear and never recovered.

Other two wins against Airdrieonians as you say. Their fans should be ashamed. What an utter embarrassment!!

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Cove Rangers, 1-0 at home early in the Covid season under M and M (Morrison I think). They were top at the time and, from memory, hadn't even dropped a point. Fell away quite dramatically after that, the shame of defeat to us in an important game simply too much to bear and never recovered.

Other two wins against Airdrieonians as you say. Their fans should be ashamed. What an utter embarrassment!!

Cheers, horrific stats 

43 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Not sure I’d let Mcglynn loose with next seasons budget with some of the shit he has signed this season but if he’s under contract then probably won’t have much choice! 

Season tickets will 100% take a dive though 

You can only really call Matty Wright & Brian Kinnear shit, the rest have been improvements on what we had.

Like some others on here I have been reflecting. But have went the other way and even more against keeping McGlynn. 

Think there is a chance of him getting us up next season but what happens then? We waste at least a couple of years doing nothing on Championship. Just can’t see the long term future being good with him as manager. 

He has shown this season that he is stubborn, can’t change a game and sends out some really dubious lineups.

The way the promising season fell away so dramatically shows that he is easily found out and out thought. 

Well Tuesdays game reminded me of a quote last year by Roughie on PLZ, he said " ah dinnae care whit anybody says, if I was getting beat 6 nil, ah wid be halfing somebody in two ",,,,if it's another tanking on Saturday maybe a few crunching tackles would garner a wee bit of respect from the fans.

25 minutes ago, ChoppeReid said:

Like some others on here I have been reflecting. But have went the other way and even more against keeping McGlynn. 

Think there is a chance of him getting us up next season but what happens then? We waste at least a couple of years doing nothing on Championship. Just can’t see the long term future being good with him as manager. 

He has shown this season that he is stubborn, can’t change a game and sends out some really dubious lineups.

The way the promising season fell away so dramatically shows that he is easily found out and out thought. 

There was a part in his post match interview that really scared me, he mentioned when the full backs stop the wingers.. n then just stood and said nothing. Given he likes to play with wingers. 

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

This baffled me. 

If Morrison was fit for a half then surely play him to win the game and then rest him instead of bringing him on to save the tie.

Hard to argue McGlynn didnt make it harder for himself than it possibly had to be on Tuesday.

Bringing him on for a half was obviously a desperate move I think to try and turn things around. I expect he had hoped he wouldn't need to use him at all so he'd be fit for 90 mins come Saturday. 

Guest Ecosse83
55 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You can only really call Matty Wright & Brian Kinnear shit, the rest have been improvements on what we had.

Wouldn’t be hard to upgrade what we had. 

Burrell - shit and weirdly overrated 

Mackie - bag average and never plays

Oliver - just not good enough quite frankly shit

Donaldson - at least 1 mistake a game

2 keepers - not good enough 

Wright - no comment 

Allan - snippets I’ve seen looks shit 

But aye recruitment has been great, some are easily pleased on here! 

Oh and Henderson signed as a centre half but a bomb scare back there so tried in the middle which luckily worked, has Mcglynn had any sort of plan at all?? 

Edited by Ecosse83

58 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not saying he’s great but Matty Wright hasn’t had too much of a chance. He’s had 271 minutes of play in the league over 10 games and 90 of those minutes were on Saturday. 

He’s only 20 too so hard to fully judge him throwing him on at the end of most matches.

Just odd not to have given him or Allan much of a start, given the length of time Oliver had without scoring when we were struggling to win matches. 

So many straws, and it looks like they all going to be grabbed to try and absolve McGlynn of responsibility for what happened.
He pulled a near identical post match stunt after Raith got battered by QotS a few years back.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

18 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Wouldn’t be hard to upgrade what we had. 

Burrell - shit and weirdly overrated 

Mackie - bag average and never plays

Oliver - just not good enough quite frankly shit

Donaldson - at least 1 mistake a game

2 keepers - not good enough 

Wright - no comment 

Allan - snippets I’ve seen looks shit 

But aye recruitment has been great, some are easily pleased on here! 

Oh and Henderson signed as a centre half but a bomb scare back there so tried in the middle which luckily worked, has Mcglynn had any sort of plan at all?? 

Henderson literally played in midfield for Arbroath last season. There was nothing lucky about it. You’ve failed to mention Max, McGinn, Kennedy. Are they all shite too? By all accounts, Meekison is a very good player too he managed to get. 

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Henderson literally played in midfield for Arbroath last season. There was nothing lucky about it. You’ve failed to mention Max, McGinn, Kennedy. Are they all shite too? By all accounts, Meekison is a very good player too he managed to get. 

Yes he’s made a few good signings but at least half haven’t been good enough, are you happy with his business overall? 

Henderson was signed as a centre half but made so many mistakes was tried in midfield so plan A definitely out the window with him! 

51 minutes ago, Uncle Fester said:

Well Tuesdays game reminded me of a quote last year by Roughie on PLZ, he said " ah dinnae care whit anybody says, if I was getting beat 6 nil, ah wid be halfing somebody in two ",,,,if it's another tanking on Saturday maybe a few crunching tackles would garner a wee bit of respect from the fans.

This could be one of the daftest things I've read on here this week. 

So you get horsed again on Saturday, but if a few players put in some heavy challenges you'll respect them more? 😂

That's a belter. That's right up there with having the most fans and most corners. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Fester said:

Are you twelve?

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

This could be one of the daftest things I've read on here this week. 

So you get horsed again on Saturday, but if a few players put in some heavy challenges you'll respect them more? 😂

That's a belter. That's right up there with having the most fans and most corners. 

It total nonsense,  I should have stopped reading after plz soccer and Alan Rough!

All the while that we had a D.O.F. I not only ridiculed the incumbent, Holt, but also the role itself. I viewed the position as an extravagance that we as a League 1 club could well do without. Well, would you believe it, I am about to do an about-face as I think McGlynn would be a decent D.O.F.

McGlynn’s recruitment, in the main, has been pretty good with most of his signings passing muster. The best of the bunch for me have been, in no particular order, Alegria, Max, Kennedy, Henderson, McGinn, Rowe and Lawal. I was a bit of a Burrell fanboy at the beginning but he has gone off the boil a bit so I am taking my man love elsewhere. McGlynn’s only real failures have been Wright, Kinnear and to a lesser degree Allan. Oh, and the 2-year deal for the pirouetting ballerina. He obviously got serious backing from the club but he also managed to offload some of the dross in Wilson, Ross, Hetherington etc. so fair play to him.

So, get a new manager in for next season (not Paul Smith) working with a player-coach maybe and leave McGlynn to handle the recruitment. His days of managing are behind him.