The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Stephen McGinn apologised post match, for whatever you think that's worth. 

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

. It's alright for Pingu to bleat on and on about "phase 2" how about the club actually confirming it, or are they shitting it aswell. 

Respect for McGinn for the only employee to apologise, I actually like the guy but he’s done. 
Sorry still Fckn raging over the humiliating performances since rogered in the semi. Appallingly not a word from anyone upstairs, but a podcast with Swinney next week. Not good enough, FFS is this had been Deans watch………..

13 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I've not accepted McGlynn is staying the p***k can do one for me but as you say there was no apology nor has there been anything from the board to say he's our clown we are keeping him. It's alright for Pingu to bleat on and on about "phase 2" how about the club actually confirming it, or are they shitting it aswell. 

Why would any club release a statement saying they’re keeping a manager who has a year left on his contract? Everyones angry but have some common sense man

10 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Why would any club release a statement saying they’re keeping a manager who has a year left on his contract? Everyones angry but have some common sense man

Exactly. And coupled with that I don't think this forum necessarily carries the same view as the wider fanbase tbh

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Exactly. And coupled with that I don't think this forum necessarily carries the same view as the wider fanbase tbh

You’re right it doesn’t, and quite honestly thank f**k cause some of the absolute pish that gets spouted on here daily is worrying.

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Tbh I wouldn’t expect a ‘McGlynn is staying’ statement but I would have thought the club would have said something by now. The longer it’s left it’s just like a big elephant in the room. 

Let’s be honest if they did release a statement, it would be the same old understanding the fans disappointment and asking for our backing for next season. It’s been done and exhausted. 

13 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Tbh I wouldn’t expect a ‘McGlynn is staying’ statement but I would have thought the club would have said something by now. The longer it’s left it’s just like a big elephant in the room. 

I spoke to the BOD member who normally writes the statements at the youth signings last night. He's as deflated as the rest of us. Other than confirming the obvious - John McGlynn is staying - I'm not sure what difference a statement would make. I'm sure we'll get one in the coming weeks as a rallying call, but nothing the club could say will change how we all feel right now. 

We need the team to do the talking. On the park. Nothing else matters. 

I'm far from ready to move on from that Tuesday night. Quite simply the worst ever and everyone involved will be remembered for the wrong reasons. McGlynn will stay after that sackable offence however I feel we could find ourselves off the pace by Nov, have to sack him then and another season ruined. 

53 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I spoke to the BOD member who normally writes the statements at the youth signings last night. He's as deflated as the rest of us. Other than confirming the obvious - John McGlynn is staying - I'm not sure what difference a statement would make. I'm sure we'll get one in the coming weeks as a rallying call, but nothing the club could say will change how we all feel right now. 

We need the team to do the talking. On the park. Nothing else matters. 

Some words of contrition wouldn’t go a miss to help sell season tickets. I thought until pre Dunfermline away in March we were well in the hunt, but I’m getting frustrated with McGlynn and the lack of strength and aggression in his teams. 

Also I know they are really only training matches, but a couple of games over a weekend in North East England or Yorkshire wouldn’t go wrong to get a few hundred fans onside and away for a good weekend.

Edited by NUMBER 7

I don’t think any sort of words or rallying call would do any good at the moment, we’ve heard all the gimmicks and cliches before and are probably all scunnered with it. It’s clear McGlynn is staying, so the only way they can give us hope going forward is to get some decent signings in the door and empty those that are a waste of a wage if they can.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t think any sort of words or rallying call would do any good at the moment, we’ve heard all the gimmicks and cliches before and are probably all scunnered with it. It’s clear McGlynn is staying, so the only way they can give us hope going forward is to get some decent signings in the door and empty those who are a waste of a wage if they can.

Agree with all of that. 

10 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I've seen Telfer for you this year and thought he wasn't as good for you as he was for us. He's also sat on the bench and was a regular starter for us.

Do we blame Rhys McCabe for what has happened to Telfer 🤨

Whilst big ATS was not rated by Falkirk but has stepped up and been solid. Some header he scored against your mob eh? 

Thing with a telfer is, he's not a bad player. Has ability but lacks a bit of dig. We just happen to have even better midfielders who get a start ahead of him. 

39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Watching Ayr tonight I’m slightly embarrassed we only beat them narrowly 😂.

Ayr are a bit of a one man band, absolutely toothless upfront without the boy Akinyemi. You could see that when they played us at the stadium, only player that caused us any bother.

4 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

They kind of did. The Bairn View email/communication the day after the Excelsior clusterfuck stated that everyone needs to buy their STs asap in order to give John and Paul (not “the management team”) as much money as possible to build the squad for next season.

It’s not uncommon for Boards to put out a statement backing their manager regardless of how much of a contract he or she has. When something really bad happens (like Tuesday and Saturday of last week), that’s when statements do tend to make their appearance.

Whether the words below actually constitute a statement is down to individual interpretation, but given it was released after the 6-2 mauling, it makes it pretty clear that McGlynn and Smith will be in charge next season.

Your early commitment for next year helps the club to continue to prepare for next season, to help set budgets and to give John and Paul the strongest playing budget available. Everyone who signs up for the FSS and/or Forever Falkirk is also contributing directly to the playing budget, so please join if you are able to.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Of course you have. Since you joined the big boys league Falkirk have only played in 2 SC Cup finals and played in 2 other semis, played in two LC semis, spent 6 years in the top league, won two championships, played in Europe, moved to a stadium qualified to hold UEFA games won two challenge cups and brought in about £4m in transfer fees. Peterhead’s record clearly is way better especially as you have never been out of the third tier in all that time.

And yet we have shared the same league for the last few years.  How embarrassing, not for Peterhead with our few hundred fans but for a massive club like Falkirk.  It's hard to see any club outside of Rangers that has spent so much to achieve so little.  Enjoy next season's failure and the year after and after that.

5 hours ago, strichener said:

And yet we have shared the same league for the last few years.  How embarrassing, not for Peterhead with our few hundred fans but for a massive club like Falkirk.  It's hard to see any club outside of Rangers that has spent so much to achieve so little.  Enjoy next season's failure and the year after and after that.

And yet for all our recent trials and tribulations you'd swap places with us in a heartbeat. We will eventually get out of League 1 and into the Championship, something that you will never do unless you get a mega rich benefactor like Roy McGregor. One day we will again play in the Scottish Premiership, when, I do not know, but it will happen. Again, something that Peterhead will never do.

Peterhead turning into Falkirk is the stuff of your wet dreams, Falkirk turning into Peterhead and dropping into League 2 is our very worst nightmare.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And yet for all our recent trials and tribulations you'd swap places with us in a heartbeat. We will eventually get out of League 1 win the Premiership, something that you will never do unless you get a mega rich benefactor. One day we will again play in the Scottish Premiership Champions League, when, I do not know but it will happen. Again, something that Peterhead Falkirk will never do.

Peterhead Falkirk turning into Falkirk Rangers is the stuff of your wet dreams, Falkirk Rangers turning into  Peterhead Falkirk and dropping back into League 1 is our very worst nightmare.

Any idea what you sound like here, putting down a smaller club from a much smaller town in a desperate attempt to claim any form of superiority? (edited for a big clue). 

Don't be one of them.  

Enjoy Annan.

Edited by Hedgecutter