The Falkirk FC Thread

With Lang signing you've got to imagine Watson won't be getting offered a deal regardless of how he does in pre season, I don't know who partners Lang for a while i'd have said Donaldson but he's just as prone to a clanger as McKay. This will be the last season for a few I think regardless of what league we are in next season. 

46 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

With Lang signing you've got to imagine Watson won't be getting offered a deal regardless of how he does in pre season, I don't know who partners Lang for a while i'd have said Donaldson but he's just as prone to a clanger as McKay. This will be the last season for a few I think regardless of what league we are in next season. 

Unless Watson is our new right back

2 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Unless Watson is our new right back

He played right back before with us remember and got no end of stick for not being a right back. He wasn't mobile enough then I doubt time has made him quicker and he's just back from a long term injury. Alternatively someone is stupid enough to give us money for McKay or Donaldson  and he gets a new deal to play centre half. 

Watson is not a RB and would be shocked if McGlynn is creating a position for him. McGlynns had a year to look at candidates for the RB slot and a bit concerned that we didn’t announce a new RB as one of the new signings first in. Still plenty of time but it would be good to see the next new faces in.

38 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I'm not...I think you'll be very pleased with him playing for your Club. Perhaps you should think about welcoming a new player and getting behind them instead of running them down before the season starts.

I'm not...I think you'll be very pleased with him playing for your Club. Perhaps you should think about welcoming a new player and getting behind them instead of running them down before the season starts.

Totally agree 👏

42 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Calm yourself! I've not commented once on the guy! 😆

There’s no one running the guy down, with respect let’s see if the guy is as good as you’re making out. Too many charlatans signed with big names who have turned out to absolutely shite.
Like anyone who pulls on the NB, we wish him all the best & he’ll be fully supported. 

54 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Wow, that would be a bit too radical for some I think.

Fans backing the club (as we always do) with shirt sales I see with the home shirts sold out & even the GK shirts showing as sold out in some sizes 👏🏻

Can see the club getting the Away shirt out sooner to meet demand I am sure from those who’ve missed out & have cash burning a hole. 

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I wonder if Rowe is in the frame for right back?

I doubt it. He's still a young boy he'll get a gig down south you'd imagine, it's ok being on loan, financially you can't see him coming up here permanently and being away from his family. He'll get better money in the English lower leagues. 

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

I’ve heard Tumilty is the one he wants at RB but Tumilty probably sees himself as better than League one. Probably need a bit of patience with that one. 

I think that's why he only signed for Hamilton for a season after he left Hartlepool was it? in the hope it would get him a better move. Fair enough if he thinks his stock is high enough to get better. You'll see a lot of movement the closer to the season starting in regards to players thinking they will get better offers but fall through. It'll probably take a two year contract to get him to us like Spencer and Lang, who if I had  reservations about is the fact they have both had lengthy spells out with  injuries especially Lang. But this is the pond we are fishing in. 

serious question.

How many games do we give McGlynn if the team aren't in the top 2 and hunting for automatic promotion?

I'm suggesting any more than 6pts ie 2 wins of first place after 9 games and he's out on his ear.

There is no excuse I'll accept this season

11 hours ago, Bairn winner said:

Pleased with McGlynn's signings so far, definitely require a good right back and a Davie Nics type midfielder and we won't be far away.

We’ve needed a Davie Nicholls type player since Davie Nicholls left! Especially in his first spell, his all round play was excellent, his aggression, leadership and goals return were outstanding.

9 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I’ve heard Tumilty is the one he wants at RB but Tumilty probably sees himself as better than League one. Probably need a bit of patience with that one. 

If true McGlynn will know that Tumilty will have more than a few championship teams ready to offer a deal. I would therefore suspect if he is the one earmarked for RB, McGlynn would have nailed this early doors. Either a lot of toss, or the guy has better offers. Pure conjecture but I’d be disappointed that he wouldn’t be eyeing up a few at RB and not all eggs in the one basket.