The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Juan Sheet said:

Swapped away Stevie Fulton and let Chipper go and replaced them with our record signing the seldom fit Derek Ferguson. 

I can’t remember if was Lambie or Bannon that we ended up signing a load of dead wood from hearts and hibs, Graham Mitchell, Neil Berry, Brian Hamilton and I still shudder at Joe Tortolano. Add in Walter Kidd, Stuart Munro and Wayne Foster and it’s no wonder we were plummeting from mid table premier to the bottom of the 2nd tier.

As for Hartley he’s equal 1st, a guy that in his first question of his press conference said nothing appealed to him in regards to Falkirk, “they came in for me” 🤬 and unbelievably it got much worse. First look at Scott Harrison and Tom Owen Evans made me think that the guy was actually ripping the piss right out of us. 

It was both of them I think actually.

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This will have been your third pitch in the same time span as our one? 

It's our 3rd in the same time as your 2. We first installed pitches in the same summer, representatives from both clubs visiting different places in Netherlands and Poland to look at them together. You went for the Dutch one, we went for the Polish one. Our first one was aesthetically faulty (it wasn't actually testing any different, but it looked streaky) and was replaced the following summer. And we've both replaced again this summer, this time with exactly the same pitch supplied by the same company (Greenfields) and fitted by the same company (Sportex).

We've pretty much run in tandem from the beginning except for the replacement of our first one under warranty after a year.

35 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Did Lambie not also swap Stevie Fulton for David Hagen?  Hagen was decent but Fulton was knocking on the Scotland door and should have gone for much more.  

The Tony Finnegan/Dominic Iorfa double signing too 🤢

I’m pretty sure that was the case, after Jeffries mugged hearts by basically swapping Colin Cramb for Mo Johnston, he went to Hearts and reversed the process. We lost Weir and Fulton and got Berry, Nelson, Hamilton and I want to say maybe George Wright who only played a couple of times. 

5 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Until a few years ago I would have to say Dave Clarke. He is way down the pecking order these days now. At least 4 worse than him now. Scary stuff.

To be fair to Clarke he signed Marshal and Burgess who went on to be the biggest transfer fees we had ever received and made a lot of money for the club.

He was pragmatic, made the team hard to beat even if it was negative.

Stuart Burgess rated him and said he was the only manager that could get in his head and get the best out him.

I honestly thought one or two might have gone for Ray McKinnon. 

But Lambie takes it for me, his whole attitude towards the club and fans was just rotten. 

He sold: Yogi, Mo Johnston, Nicky Henderson, Steve Fulton, Brian Rice, Steve Kirk, Jamie Paterson and Alex Taylor.

He bought: Ally Graham, Neil Inglis, Stuart Munro, Derek Ferguson, George Wright, Tony Finnigan, Andy Gray, David Hagan and Martyn Corrigan

Makes you weep.

Easily Hartley. We've had our fair share of incompetent managers to put it extremely lightly. But this wallop was not only incompetent, he was an absolute self righteous, ignorant, arrogant twat. The way he treated volunteers, his attitude that he was bigger than Falkirk in his first interview, followed by the complete collapse of our already dithering football side took some doing with his summer signings. 

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Easily Hartley. We've had our fair share of incompetent managers to put it extremely lightly. But this wallop was not only incompetent, he was an absolute self righteous, ignorant, arrogant twat. The way he treated volunteers, his attitude that he was bigger than Falkirk in his first interview, followed by the complete collapse of our already dithering football side took some doing with his summer signings. 

Remember his first ever interview, asked why he chose Falkirk when there were other opportunities, he replied “ I didn’t Falkirk came to me” a self righteous little greasy scumball that should have been hunted after the interview.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I remember how hated he was, I also remember Bannon being an utter catastrophe after him tbh, but I dont remember it all well enough to cast my vote for them. However, I vividly remember watching Montrose turn up to TFS and from minute 1, absolutely body Sheerins team in a display that ended up looking like a Prem team having a bounce game against their U17s. 

Sadly it was Eddie May he should never have been put in that position. Being asked he had no choice but to take the offer or forever be left with the 'what if' in his mind.

One of our best ever players was doing a great job with the youth team and was a tragedy for all concerned how it worked out.

He deserved a better end to his association with the club.

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Did Lambie not also swap Stevie Fulton for David Hagen?  Hagen was decent but Fulton was knocking on the Scotland door and should have gone for much more.  

The Tony Finnegan/Dominic Iorfa double signing too 🤢

Tony Finnigan who was done for possession of heroin just before Lambie signed him and Iorfa, the Nigerian Ted McMinn 😂.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Draw between Lambie and Hartley.

Lambie because he destroyed a fantastic team and we all knew it was going to happen the minute he got the job.

Hartley because everything.

I'd heard Lambie didn't like the egos in the dressing room and that's why he got shot of a lot of the players. Bit of a cheek really because he had the biggest one of all. He also couldn't spot a decent player hence the shite he signed. I can still recall being absolutely more and more fuming with each post match interview he did. It was basically utter drivel it's no wonder someone tried to run him of the road. Gerry Collins was a bit of a tosser aswell. 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd heard Lambie didn't like the egos in the dressing room and that's why he got shot of a lot of the players. Bit of a cheek really because he had the biggest one of all. He also couldn't spot a decent player hence the shite he signed. I can still recall being absolutely more and more fuming with each post match interview he did. It was basically utter drivel it's no wonder someone tried to run him of the road. Gerry Collins was a bit of a tosser aswell. 

😂😂