The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Calm down

I'm perfectly calm. Not sure what you think isn't calm about pointing out Ouzy See is a fringe player, hardly a star.

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Don’t think thats the point to be honest, any professional player trying to carve out a career in football going onto a reality TV show like that pre season or mid season kind of shows how committed they are to their club. Not saying it’s the right or wrong thing to do but it speaks volumes of both the guys attitude and how he views Edinburgh city’s relevance in a footballing sense.   

Agreed. But that's inevitable. He's a part time player  not getting regular starts in Scotland's League 1. As dreadful as it no doubt is, I'm sure Love Island offers a better opportunity for a life change than football does.

50 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not sure you can say anyone won’t be as good as Dunfermline before a ball is kicked. Their squad at the start of last season hardly looked like going on the run they did. 

I just don't think anybody will go a whole year with only one loss. We certainly won't (would love to be wrong). What Dunfermline done was incredibly impressive.

They did draw a shit-ton of games and their own fans were often unhappy at the brand of football they played

Only got 2 points more than Cove did when they were up

Worthy champions and impressively consistent, but the idea that they were anything special at this level is laughable 

20 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

They were special at this level. I think they conceded the least goals in the UK last season

Absolutely this, in that crunch game we were in fantastic form and we never laid a glove on them. I'll take the most boring football ever if we're to go up.

Guest Ecosse83

Any news on a right back yet? I’m away on holiday so getting very little internet access! 

New away strip is an absolute belter btw 😍

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Any news on a right back yet? I’m away on holiday so getting very little internet access! 

New away strip is an absolute belter btw 😍

Since you can’t read back I’ll summarise. We aren’t getting one. We’re going to play a back three consisting of a left back and two centre halves. You may think that’s mental but McGlynn has spunked the budget on more important positions and doesn’t think we need a right back 🙄

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I'd disagree with this assertion as right now it's a massive game of chess whilst clubs and players make decisions about who's staying and who's going from those retained under the circumstances of their deals.

For the last few weeks there has been constant negativity from the same posters who have decided this group is set in stone and unlikely to change when many other posters understand that there will be further movement before the window closes on September 01st!

Players at other clubs will become available for various reasons and unattached players will be holding out for deals or trials down south to materialise before the real action starts. It's the same merry-go-round every year yet the same posters willfully misrepresent that as McGlynn failing to address squad deficiencies.

It's tedious when the same posters post variations of the same falsehoods or opinions when they've been countered or debunked.

What falsehoods or opinions have been countered or debunked? 

I know Pedro has asserted that McGlynn can’t bring in any more till he shifts some on. Not sure where they got that from but has it been debunked?

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

What falsehoods or opinions have been countered or debunked? 

I know Pedro has asserted that McGlynn can’t bring in any more till he shifts some on. Not sure where they got that from but has it been debunked?

You can't really debunk something that has been completely made up then not further elaborated on when pressed. Pedro at least twice made reference "money that had been earmarked for RB being spent elsewhere". The onus is not on us to debunk that statement. Its an accusation made by Pedro. The burden of backing it up is on them. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

You can't really debunk something that has been completely made up then not further elaborated on when pressed. Pedro at least twice made reference "money that had been earmarked for RB being spent elsewhere". The onus is not on us to debunk that statement. Its an accusation made by Pedro. The burden of backing it up is on them. 

That’s fair but was asking as I wouldn’t call that being debunked and would expect we’ll find out whether it’s true or not in the coming weeks. 

If Pedro does have to explain his sources though then can the same be said for other things that seem to be taken as verbatim? The supposed fallouts with Burrell and Morrison and Rowe for instance seem to be taken as fact when it’s never been revealed where those rumours started. 

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

That’s fair but was asking as I wouldn’t call that being debunked and would expect we’ll find out whether it’s true or not in the coming weeks. 

If Pedro does have to explain his sources though then can the same be said for other things that seem to be taken as verbatim? The supposed fallouts with Burrell and Morrison and Rowe for instance seem to be taken as fact when it’s never been revealed where those rumours started. 

We'll never know if its true because the breakdown of the football budget will never be revealed. Nor will it ever be revealed if the entirety of said budget was waxed before June was out. Pedro is shit stirring for the umpteenth time and is rightly being called out on it. I'm not even sure it qualifies as "portraying opinion as fact" because I dont even think its their opinion, I think its utter shite and lies being spouted for some unknown reason, but almost certainly driven by some personal agenda, that stands up to no scrutiny at all. 

That other stuff you mentioned is really just rumour and innuendo, for me slightly different from coming on here and saying there was money earmarked for a specific position, which is a fucking bizarre concept anyway btw, that has been spent on retaining the services of Gary Oliver. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We'll never know if its true because the breakdown of the football budget will never be revealed. Nor will it ever be revealed if the entirety of said budget was waxed before June was out. Pedro is shit stirring for the umpteenth time and is rightly being called out on it. I'm not even sure it qualifies as "portraying opinion as fact" because I dont even think its their opinion, I think its utter shite and lies being spouted for some unknown reason, but almost certainly driven by some personal agenda, that stands up to no scrutiny at all. 

That other stuff you mentioned is really just rumour and innuendo, for me slightly different from coming on here and saying there was money earmarked for a specific position, which is a fucking bizarre concept anyway btw, that has been spent on retaining the services of Gary Oliver. 

Pedro may talk shite but f**k me he has you on strings here. 😂

If I remember correctly didn't Jamie on the Falkirk daft podcast say they were budgeting based on slightly decreased season ticket number although would love to reach the 2300 of last year? 

We have now exceeded 2340. If we had budgeted for 2100 season tickets (a pretty conservative reduction based on the end of the season) and have now sold 240 above that at say an average £200 per ticket we have approximately £48,000 on top of the budget. Extra player? Maybe two? Or a couple additional loans?

18 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

FFS the season hasn’t started yet and some ‘fans’ have written us off already.

Makes you proud to be a Falkirk fan.

I think there would be a lot more optimism if we didn't finish the season miles behind Dunfermline which really shouldn't have happened given our budget and culminating in form being dreadful for months leading up to the semi and playoffs where we failed miserably to turn up. Allied to some of McGlynn's quite bizarre ramblings at times and blaming everything bar himself. I wanted McGlynn gone at the end of last season, he's got one last shot at getting us up but looking at his stats it doesn't make great reading. I just don't see us going up with him at the helm unfortunately. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Edited by ebobsboy

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think the source of the information is the reason people are writhing it of as bullshit as much as the lack of supporting evidence when pushed. If it had been from the majority of other posters it might hold more weight but as has already been pointed out Pedro’s one sided views on the clubs new regime and consisted thinly veiled (some not so thin!) attempts at shit stirring and jumping on negative stories yet remaining silent when something positive regarding the club happens haven’t went unnoticed. The boy who cried wolf springs to mind.