The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Paranoid said:

In my day it was pipes. That is - old guys and their shag. Not much noise but quite an atmosphere.

I took my shag to games a few times but it all stopped when, near the end of a game, she asked me if Falkirk were the ones in blue?

Guest FFC1965

My 1-11 would be 

Donaldson

Kennedy - Gillespie - Irvine - McQueen

Latapy - Hoggan - May - McAllister 

Stainrod - Stokes 

(Eddie May tends to be overlooked in these "best XI" things presumably due to his disastrous managerial spell.  Worthe remembering he scored 36 goals in 167 games, the majority of which were top flight.  Stokes is imho the most natural finisher Ive seen in navy blue.  

https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/profile.php?name=1|1991|May 

I don't particularly like the constant banging of a drum, but I'm in no position to tell anyone else not to take one. If we have to have it, let's have it from the home end. 

Bottom line is, Scottish football fans seem to be a miserable, droll collective who see themselves as above having a bit of fun. 

Have the drum, have the smoke bombs, but keep those and anything else off the pitch. 

Quite literally the only word of caution I have on a section of "ultras" is that. Don't embarrass the club by throwing shit on the park. 

Watson; Nicol, McQueen (or McQuilken), Hughes, and Barr (or Brown); Baptie, McAllister, Latapy, and Houston (or Arfield); Stainrod (or Farid), and McGivern

Edited to add: with honourable mentions to Andy Lawrie, Scott McKenzie, Brian Rice, Sibbs, Dec McManus and McGloves.

Edited by StuartA

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bottom line is, Scottish football fans seem to be a miserable, droll collective who see themselves as above having a bit of fun. 

That's me, it comes with age. My 1st pastime is watching QoS, being miserable and droll comes close second (actually they may be linked). Miserable and droll goes top in the close season. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't think it's any coincidence that the atmosphere at our games has improved (and the players certainly mention it too) since the young team got their own section of the North West Stand. Originally they were asked to move to the end nearest the goal so that when they stood they wouldn't be blocking anyone's view but from a group of about 20 or 30 it has grown to the extent where the whole of that stand is virtually sold out now and they regularly do tifos and the like. 

With regards to the tifos display (which I think the Dunfermline young team do an excellent job of) our one against Ayr was absolutely class. I watched the game on the tv and it looked amazing ( can only imagine it was 100 times better in person. Could some of the money from the FSS maybe be put into helping the young team organise more Tifo displays? For the record I still think the best option for money from the FSS is to buy more shares but just a small donation once in a while to organise a tifo display could be an excellent use of money imo.

3 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Drum is coming in trial period regardless of what's said here. Looking at a total of ~60 in the group to start it off.

Not a fan of the drums myself but I would say that is fair. At this point with the group just starting up there should be no discouragement from the wider support.

7 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Drum is coming in trial period regardless of what's said here. Looking at a total of ~60 in the group to start it off.

Good luck to you all, I’m sure the grandkids will join in once they’re old enough. 

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Not a fan of the drums myself but I would say that is fair. At this point with the group just starting up there should be no discouragement from the wider support.

Why not go the whole hog and piss off even more supporters and introduce these 'Tooters' of South African World Cup infamy.

3 hours ago, Onthegoalline1876 said:

Was only in the Grahams Road one once maybe twice.   The Stewart Road one though oh soooooo many times !   Yes a shame indeed and that sounds a good idea.

They had the ex shire player Eddie McCreadie 1967 Scotland top when they beat England on the wall.

Remember looking up at it many a time thinking what a story you could tell.

Eddie was a cracking left back and should have had many more caps.

Eddie McCreadie

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Why not go the whole hog and piss off even more supporters and introduce these 'Tooters' of South African World Cup infamy.

When I was in my teens and maybe very early twenties I used to stand in the choir and sing away to my heart’s content. Then, as I got older, I wasn’t in the choir but I still stood in the shed with my mates, just a wee bit further along towards the Hope Street end. If Brockville was still standing I’d probably now be in the enclosure in front of the main stand or maybe even in the stand itself.

The only constant in life is change. We have had our day in the sun, time to move aside and let the new generation do their thing, however they want to do it.

22 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Did the club say they (Keith Hogg) were going to chill over stewards & flags being placed in the stand? 

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Did the club say they (Keith Hogg) were going to chill over stewards & flags being placed in the stand? 

Was talk of flags being placed in and around the area where we currently stand but we may be moving to a better suited area so not sure where that one stands. General word was that as long as flags were approved by the safety officer then we are good to have them assuming there's nothing derogatory on them.

With regards to stewarding if you feel they have been heavy handed in any way take down their number which should be on either their arm or their collar and contact Kevin describing what's happened, he can handle it from there.

18 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Could some of the money from the FSS maybe be put into helping the young team organise more Tifo displays? 

Not 100% sure on details as I'm not fully involved but something is in the works with regards to fund raising, tshirts etc.. Profits towards tifo displays and what not.

Jamie also said that if need be the club would also give a helping hand to get some displays over the line.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

38 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Almost every group that's successful have a drum. I'd imagine most of those clubs fans weren't thrilled with it at the start, people need to suck it up. If it goes well I expect to see apologies in here from some

Absolutely no chance of an apology from me, deeply arrogant and altogether typical of “ultras” type groups to assume they have precedence over other supporters.

Sing your heads off, wave your flags, have your displays all brilliant and much needed but drums are self indulgent shite that add nothing to the match day atmosphere.

And yes I am a crabbit auld c*#t who served my time in the choir at Brockville.

27 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Was talk of flags being placed in and around the area where we currently stand but we may be moving to a better suited area so not sure where that one stands. General word was that as long as flags were approved by the safety officer then we are good to have them assuming there's nothing derogatory on them.

With regards to stewarding if you feel they have been heavy handed in any way take down their number which should be on either their arm or their collar and contact Kevin describing what's happened, he can handle it from there.

No issues personally but saw from a distance last year they were even stopping kids celebrating with the players who came over.