The Falkirk FC Thread

My first game in the flesh this season and on that basis (granted without Spencer) we will struggle.

Same issues as last season...

Ponderous out from back

Mistakes at back

Nobody that looks cool in front of goals, a proven scorer

Zonal marking at corners

Very sadly mcginn is done

Isolated striker

Mcglynn has us playing with absolutely no identity. 

The only player who had passmarks tonight, against a very poor United was long, I thought he was excellent.

The ref was poor on the timewasting, as they all are these days. Spoke to the goalie three or four times, just book him and it stops.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

I didn’t think there was much between the sides, one bit of fannying about at the back cost us big time. We were so much better last 15 when we got at them and played with two up top, McIver wins a lot in the air but knocks it down to no one when he is isolated up top on his own.

That ref was a clown, why no red card at the end when the last man took our player out.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

The ponderous and predictable passing out from the back must be binned we are rank rotten at it and it is actually costing us games.

Oliver was the best of a very mediocre midfield and expecting McIvor to play up front on his own is a nonsense.

Agyeman has a bit of skill about him but I really don’t think he actually knows what he is doing when he gets the ball, just the latest in a line of similar types who flatter to deceive.

Not all doom and gloom we were reasonably competitive against a side that will be stronger than anything we will meet in the league and we still have players to come back from injury and suspension.

Hopefully the last time we see McKay at right back, fish out of water.

Well that was utterly dreadful. Same pedestrian pish as last season & lo and behold, they still manage to throw in a complete fcuk up to concede the match.

Agyeman is going to be completely infuriating. We seem to have replaced the guy on loan fi County, with his twin fi the Wee County. McGinn is done & McKay and Donaldson are still complete bombscares. Never mind though, as Utd were so pish, they couldn’t take advantage of our shambolic set up second half.

Two teams who wont worry the trophy scribes this season.

”See you on Saturday for the Peterhead game”, eh no.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The ponderous and predictable passing out from the back must be binned we are rank rotten at it and it is actually costing us games.

Oliver was the best of a very mediocre midfield and expecting McIvor to play up front on his own is a nonsense.

Agyeman has a bit of skill about him but I really don’t think he actually knows what he is doing when he gets the ball, just the latest in a line of similar types who flatter to deceive.

Not all doom and gloom we were reasonably competitive against a side that will be stronger than anything we will meet in the league and we still have players to come back from injury and suspension.

Hopefully the last time we see McKay at right back, fish out of water.

That must be the most common phrase on the FFC thread these last two and a bit years.

Just now, Blame Me said:

He made one error - awarding Watt a free-kick when he clearly slipped. If anything it was handball to us as Watt grasped the ball on his way down.

Why was there no red card for the last man tackle MacIver?

Really really poor performance overall and nowhere near the standards a few of these players should be aiming for. With what was riding on it (at least 60k plus) another abject failure given how poor DU were.

Where to start? The goal I guess. Lang is a very good defender and he’s made a slight mistake there. Long slipped so that didn’t help. 3 goals conceded in 3 games (out of our 4 conceded overall) that are consequences of our “playing style “ - completely pathetic and the fault lies with Mcglynn. 

Agyeman was atrocious and cemented my reasoning for believing he’s maybe not a good purchase at all. These are the only sort of games this season he may be effective - space in behind and time running onto the ball. He must’ve given it away 10 out of 10 times

Morrison a shadow of himself. He seems to have gone from selfish (sometimes rightly so) to selfless. Hit the byline and ineffective cross, rinse and repeat. That won’t do for someone who I’ve regarded as very influential for us for a while now. 

Yeats had a cracking game and showed some of our others up. 

Lawal dropped a 1/10 before being rightfully subbed off.

Oliver 3/10

Mciver 6/10 because he fed off scraps like we all thought he might when we persisted with 1 up top. Not good enough, again 

In isolation you could maybe take some positives but it just looked far too much like performances of last year that were found to be nowhere near good enough. Saturday now a dead rubber and extreme pressure placed on the first league games - anything like tonight and Mcglynn won’t be here long. 

10 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Well done to the young team by the way. Good attempt to drum up an atmosphere. Pity they were stupified into silence by the football on show. 

I thought the drummer had got the shout to go home when the lights went on!

Looks near enough certain that we are headed into the new season with McGlynn’s heels thoroughly dug in to the same old system. The other 9 teams can pretty much set out their plans now in terms of how to play against us.

There are undoubtedly some improvements in personnel (hardly surprising given the budget he has versus (possibly) every one else in the league, but improvements in tactics/set up? Not for me there isn’t. Doesn’t help when your top earner is looking like he might be good for 18 games at the most.

If he survives til January, you can bet your bottom dollar that McGlynn will be wanting more money to bring in yet more players.

Just need to revert to the the thought process that says pre-season friendlies and the LC group stage are all collectively just kick abouts, and come league business, we will be great.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Really really poor performance overall and nowhere near the standards a few of these players should be aiming for. With what was riding on it (at least 60k plus) another abject failure given how poor DU were.

Where to start? The goal I guess. Lang is a very good defender and he’s made a slight mistake there. Long slipped so that didn’t help. 3 goals conceded in 3 games (out of our 4 conceded overall) that are consequences of our “playing style “ - completely pathetic and the fault lies with Mcglynn. 

Agyeman was atrocious and cemented my reasoning for believing he’s maybe not a good purchase at all. These are the only sort of games this season he may be effective - space in behind and time running onto the ball. He must’ve given it away 10 out of 10 times

Morrison a shadow of himself. He seems to have gone from selfish (sometimes rightly so) to selfless. Hit the byline and ineffective cross, rinse and repeat. That won’t do for someone who I’ve regarded as very influential for us for a while now. 

Yeats had a cracking game and showed some of our others up. 

Lawal dropped a 1/10 before being rightfully subbed off.

Oliver 3/10

Mciver 6/10 because he fed off scraps like we all thought he might when we persisted with 1 up top. Not good enough, again 

In isolation you could maybe take some positives but it just looked far too much like performances of last year that were found to be nowhere near good enough. Saturday now a dead rubber and extreme pressure placed on the first league games - anything like tonight and Mcglynn won’t be here long. 

I don't think he'll see Christmas tbh. Looks very much the same movie just with different actor's. 

If you are a Falkirk fan it must be a bit concerning that the 2 guys it seems you've spent most of your budget on in the last 2 games that 1 of them has got sent off and the other has gave away a disaster of a goal that has got you knocked out the cup. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't think he'll see Christmas tbh. Looks very much the same movie just with different actor's. 

Think he’s banking on the rest of the league being pish and scuffing through (like he did with Raith v us). We certainly won’t be pulling a Dunfermline. 

We lost one nil to a side that's just come down from the top flight . It's hardly a disaster.  Tonight was a game crying out for Spencer unfortunately to get his foot on the ball and find a pass. I thought Alfie started off the game very well and then started getting the ball with his back to goal or 3 players on him. He should've scored . Got into position brilliantly then should've hit it but for some reason cut inside again. Thought long had a decent game which will hopefully get his confidence up.  We won't come up against many sides this season as good as pressing as united were tonight.  Just need to cut out the silly mistakes.