The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

If you are a Falkirk fan it must be a bit concerning that the 2 guys it seems you've spent most of your budget on in the last 2 games that 1 of them has got sent off and the other has gave away a disaster of a goal that has got you knocked out the cup. 

Lang has been quality and was his only error tonight. If only he didn’t have to play alongside a complete diddy.

Was an entertaining enough game but our continual loss of goals is now a major concern. 

It's almost guaranteed we'll concede at least one in a match and whilst we remain hit-or-miss (no pun intended) upfront, I think we can't take for granted we'll do any better than last season.

Also agree with others that right now, this looks like a season too far for McGinn.

16 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Well that was utterly dreadful. Same pedestrian pish as last season & lo and behold, they still manage to throw in a complete fcuk up to concede the match.

Agyeman is going to be completely infuriating. We seem to have replaced the guy on loan fi County, with his twin fi the Wee County. McGinn is done & McKay and Donaldson are still complete bombscares. Never mind though, as Utd were so pish, they couldn’t take advantage of our shambolic set up second half.

Two teams who wont worry the trophy scribes this season.

”See you on Saturday for the Peterhead game”, eh no.

Harsh on McIver in my opinion. As others have commented he needs someone to play off him.

I also thought Donaldson was ok.  

Where I do agree is the ponderous possession for sake of it & the realty of legs gone McGinn, which is unfortunate given his football brain. Think he will turn out to be a decent manager in time.

5 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

If you are a Falkirk fan it must be a bit concerning that the 2 guys it seems you've spent most of your budget on in the last 2 games that 1 of them has got sent off and the other has gave away a disaster of a goal that has got you knocked out the cup. 

Two excellent signings 

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

Not really. The keeper played an awful pass to Spencer who was left with little choice but to take one for the team and Lang well there wasn't much excuse for him other than McGlynn's daft tactics you do not pass the ball along your own box. He did and it cost us a goal. So I think your comment is a little skewed. But it was a howler from Lang who should know better. 

Long kept us in the game, coming off his line quickly twice to thwart United. He was our best man.

Daft mistake aside, I thought Lang had a good game and Morrison looked lively enough. McIver played well enough but looks better when he's got someone beside him, surely, surely McGlynn has seen this and plays Allan on Saturday? Ageyman must have no left foot because he would probably have scored if he'd taken a shot at that 2nd half chance rather than try to turn it on to his right!

I disagreed with folk who said that McGinn's legs had gone last season (because they hadn't) but it did look tonight that the injury has caught up with him. He should be used sparingly now. I wonder about Lawal's fitness as well. Yet another game that he's failed to complete and he looked well off it tonight. Maybe he's going to be better coming off the bench?

Another twat of a ref as well with the Watt slipping on his arse and getting a free kick for it being a highlight. Their keeper completely took the pish out of him in the 2nd half as well. Ref warned him 3 or 4 times for time wasting but he just kept on doing it.

We certainly need to learn to stop this fannying about at the back stuff. Tonight McGinn didn't have the legs to take the ball from the defence, we should have been playing it into the channels for Morrison and Ageyman or using the fullbacks more rather than the Donaldson to Lang, Lang to Donaldson, rinse and repeat shite.

IMO we should drop McGinn, Lawal and Ageyman on Saturday and bring in Spencer, Miller and Allan.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We lost one nil to a side that's just come down from the top flight . It's hardly a disaster.  Tonight was a game crying out for Spencer unfortunately to get his foot on the ball and find a pass. I thought Alfie started off the game very well and then started getting the ball with his back to goal or 3 players on him. He should've scored . Got into position brilliantly then should've hit it but for some reason cut inside again. Thought long had a decent game which will hopefully get his confidence up.  We won't come up against many sides this season as good as pressing as united were tonight.  Just need to cut out the silly mistakes.

That's Alfie though lads end product just not there , does a lot of thing's brilliantly but final ball , cross or shot at goal could be better 

Great to come on here and see such an over reaction from some folk. You’d think we had lost to a highland league outfit tonight and not a team who was in the premiership less than three months ago. A draw was the least we deserved tonight and Spencer was a massive miss. Onto the next one. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

McGlynn (and obviously Lang) have got to take the bulk of the blame for that defeat tonight. 

A rank Dundee United side that was there for the taking and we totally bottled it.

Oliver, Lawal and McGinn all turned in poor performances, Spencer was a big miss. No where near enough physicality or pace in the middle of the park.

McGlynn has got to find a more effective style of football and attacking formation and find it quickly. 

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

... IMO we should drop McGinn, Lawal and Ageyman on Saturday and bring in Spencer, Miller and Allan

Can't agree with Ageyman losing out. He was almost unplayable. There's no-one similar to replace him.

I’m usually really critical of McGlynn but I honestly didn’t see much between the teams tonight. I thought we played well enough but we need to stop fannying about at the back and we need to be better at taking our chances. The one thing I will pass criticism on is the continual use of McGinn, he is done and we need to get energy into that midfield, we looked better with Yeats in there and McKay at RB.

It’s not all doom and gloom, let’s see how we fair against the better teams in our own league.

8 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

That's Alfie though lads end product just not there , does a lot of thing's brilliantly but final ball , cross or shot at goal could be better 

At the end of the day if he was brilliant at all those he wouldn't be playing in league one.🤷

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m usually really critical of McGlynn but I honestly didn’t see much between the teams tonight. I thought we played well enough but we need to stop fannying about at the back and we need to be better at taking our chances. The one thing I will pass criticism on is the continual use of McGinn, he is done and we need to get energy into that midfield, we looked better with Yeats in there and McKay at RB.

It’s not all doom and gloom, let’s see how we fair against the better teams in our own league.

Mackay was still honking though.  I wouldn't want him there every week.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Can't agree with Ageyman losing out. He was almost unplayable. There's no-one similar to replace him.

Aye, but to get the best out of McIver, someone needs to play beside him. Ageyman doesn't look like the poacher that we need up top. In fact, I reckon if he was through on the keeper he'd miss 6 or 7 out of ten! I think we need a partnership up there and I think that McIver and Allan should get a chance to form one.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

At the end of the day if he was brilliant at all those he wouldn't be playing in league one.🤷

True story , hope full time football helps him iron out his weakness's as he was great for us but hope he's shite against us 😂

17 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Not really. The keeper played an awful pass to Spencer who was left with little choice but to take one for the team and Lang well there wasn't much excuse for him other than McGlynn's daft tactics you do not pass the ball along your own box. He did and it cost us a goal. So I think your comment is a little skewed. But it was a howler from Lang who should know better. 

Fair enough it just doesn't look good from the outside that's all. You know more than what I do my point was that you would be expecting that your 2 star signings would be winning you games not losing them.