The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Jordan Allan suspended for tomorrow and Mcglynn confirming we have two struggling - he states “we are down to the bare bones“

He can’t use Jordan Allan as an excuse if things go wrong as he hardly plays him anyway.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dundee Utd absolutely riding Arbroath away from home.... Certainly puts some of the more extreme reactions to our very narrow defeat into some sort of context for this Bairn. 

Sibbald looks so comfortable on the ball, him and Docherty in the heart of the Utd midfield look quality.

18 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

He can’t use Jordan Allan as an excuse if things go wrong as he hardly plays him anyway.

He cannot have any excuses period. He's received very good financial backing in three transfer windows and complete autonomy to use it as he wishes. It's very much his squad. "Quality over quantity" is this summer's mantra to explain away some glaringly obvious deficiencies still remaining on the playing side. McGlynn has made his bed in terms of recruitment and use of resources. Unfortunately, given the thinness of the squad, and the fact that a continuous injury list seems to be a staple feature of whatever team he is managing, I can see "bare bones" being parroted ad nauseum this season. No-one with an modicum of sense will be listening. Put up or shut up time.

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dundee Utd absolutely riding Arbroath away from home.... Certainly puts some of the more extreme reactions to our very narrow defeat into some sort of context for this Bairn. 

It’s a difficult one Patrick and Utd could easily finish 1st and 2nd in the championship. Spartans also gave everyone in the group a really good game and won a couple so a last minute winner against them doesn’t look terrible. Also thumped Peterhead even after a terrible first half . However, you can never read too much into preseason. Even if we batter Annan 4-0 tomorrow I won’t get carried away. Will judge after the first few games.

Edited by Big chungus

3 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

It’s a difficult one Patrick and Utd could easily finish 1st and 2nd in the championship. Spartans also gave everyone in the group a really good game and won a couple so a last minute winner against them doesn’t look terrible. Also thumped Peterhead even after a terrible second half. However, you can never read too much into preseason. Even if we batter Annan 4-0 tomorrow I won’t get carried away. Will judge after the first few games.

I think the time to judge is after we've either won or can't win the league. Nothing that's coming would surprise me now TBH. 

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I think the time to judge is after we've either won or can't win the league. Nothing that's coming would surprise me now TBH. 

Yes, ultimately it will come down to us winning the league/ gaining promotion. I more meant judge Mcglynn. If after the first quarter we are 6 points behind then I’m sure just about every fan will be calling for the sack. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Adding Gallagher and Moult has made them a different challenge. Both of them strolling the game.

The league cup is not something I'd fully judge teams on, good to gain confidence going into the season but it's a fancier challenge cup now....only just fancier tho ...

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Why is Jordan Allan suspended tomorrow? He served 2 matches already for the sending off at Airdrie already. 

He apparently had an extra game tagged on for his red card while at Clyde.