The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I have no idea? I don't know the new team or Lewis and Stuart either but don't think that changes any of what I said. I think a great idea to have the new guys getting advice from Lewis and Stuart who have more experience. Still don't like this whole Lewis and Stuart vs the new team attitude. As you've said if anything having such dedicated volunteers working together would be the ideal so why make it old vs new? 

Well the real issue isnt the new volunteers or the old ones. Is that there is a reliance on volunteers at all for a not that cheap paid service.

I'm sure the new guys are doing their best. I think the club should have more responsibility to do this more professionally. 

And that was true of the previous setup too.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Have just gone to check because I was sure this happened more often than that as I said I'm quite a regular user. From the old Falkirk TV twitter it happened 5 times at different games last season, one of which required them to use the ParsTV stream instead. 

Five ?

I never missed 5 games last season from Falkirk TV, alloa midweek game  the work commitments game I mentioned of which I had problems logging in to alloa tv and complained accordingly.

I'll cut slack with new guys but if you are providing a service and it's poor you are gonna get complaints.

We seen plenty complaints from partick TV recently and COVID times paying more than Falkirk tv for a camera that followed bald heads in many of the covered games, our service went off too at partick game, we also had a drop last week and today this.

It's Tranmere rovers for me today with a phone on alert

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Five ?

I never missed 5 games last season from Falkirk TV, alloa midweek game  the work commitments game I mentioned of which I had problems logging in to alloa tv and complained accordingly.

I'll cut slack with new guys but if you are providing a service and it's poor you are gonna get complaints.

We seen plenty complaints from partick TV recently and COVID times paying more than Falkirk tv for a camera that followed bald heads in many of the covered games, our service went off too at partick game, we also had a drop last week and today this.

It's Tranmere rovers for me today with a phone on alert

Ah you're right in those 5 I included games where there was no audio or the picture was so stuttered I switched it off. Fair enough there was a "stream" available though. 

As I said preseason was confirmed to be a test for the new system, issues of which were resolved from what I noticed? Was at the game last week so don't know about that. But please stop pretending this is outwith the normal and a much worse service when it's been a test for pre season and 1 home game. I get specific complaints, as I said I'm annoyed I can't watch today but pitting the old team vs the new is pretty low in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Ah you're right in those 5 I included games where there was no audio or the picture was so stuttered I switched it off. Fair enough there was a "stream" available though. 

As I said preseason was confirmed to be a test for the new system, issues of which were resolved from what I noticed? Was at the game last week so don't know about that. But please stop pretending this is outwith the normal and a much worse service when it's been a test for pre season and 1 home game. I get specific complaints, as I said I'm annoyed I can't watch today but pitting the old team vs the new is pretty low in my opinion. 

It is way out with the normal, I've missed twice as many games now than last season.

You are always gonna get compared with old, see Lang v McKay, Spencer v McGinn to just bring one example.

Still Ladbrokes being c#nts and Tranmere being one down ain't helped matters for me 

IMG_20230812_151555.jpg

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It is way out with the normal, I've missed twice as many games now than last season.

You are always gonna get compared with old, see Lang v McKay, Spencer v McGinn to just bring one example.

Still Ladbrokes being c#nts and Tranmere being one down ain't helped matters for me 

IMG_20230812_151555.jpg

Sorry going to have to agree to disagree in that case. For me volunteers donating their time is very different to players being paid.

Was happy to give the benefit of doubt when there were tech issues in the previous stream and will continue that form going forward. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Sorry going to have to agree to disagree in that case. For me volunteers donating their time is very different to players being paid.

Was happy to give the benefit of doubt when there were tech issues in the previous stream and will continue that form going forward. 

No need to apologise but comparisons from old to new are everywhere no matter what

Lewis, Stuart and co were not exempt from criticism.

4 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Fucking Brad McKay just sold the jersey 

He shouldn't be anywhere near the feckin team. He's pure and simply an utter loser. We won't go anywhere with him playing . Airdrie game should've been the last time he ever pulled on the navy blue.

Edited by Shodwall cat