The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Yea, it’s not the first time I’ve heard that. Some of the figures rumoured to be being paid to players even on part time contracts is quite incredible. 

What are the rumoured figures?

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

What are the rumoured figures?

Players taking home 60k a year salaries on part time contracts. If they are prepared to pay that to some of the half dozen part time guys still remaining it makes you wonder how deep the pockets of the owners are for the right full time player now that they’ve made the transition. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Players taking home 60k a year salaries on part time contracts. If they are prepared to pay that on some of the half dozen part time guys still remaining it makes you wonder how deep the pockets of the owners are for the right full time player now that they’ve made the transition. 

That is quite a bit more than I would have expected. 

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I can see where this is going with how it will be played but the reality is, this solution was all borne from the discussions on here and not sought out when the initial decision was made by the board. As far as I’m aware, it was left with the FSS to acquire 38,000 shares from the estates of fans that have since passed or other shareholders.

As far as I’m concerned, there are still a lot of unanswered questions as to how this all came about in the first place. I just think it really needs some honesty to why decisions were made and a reflection as to how the board respects the FSS and its representatives.

I know there has been a lot of hard work that has been done by the board but feel like the very people who sold us on the fans ownership model are potentially undermining its very premise. 

Lastly, worth saying huge appreciation must go to all patrons who have pledged to give up some of their shareholding to resolve this. It’s a fantastic gesture and if they cobble together all of the shares required then great credit to them. 

Would be great to hear from either the club or FSS regarding this situation though. Been a week now with nothing said on the matter. 

I can see that that is potentially the case and perhaps there has been some back tracking as a result of the discussions here. And I agree there are still many questions. I am still disappointed although perhaps a bit more calm. As I said at the very least this has been a misguided decision but unfortunately I don't believe we will ever get clarity on how the decision was made.

But at the same time if our discussions here have made a difference and the board has listened to criticism from fans and have decided to change course then I'm happy as long as the overall outcome is to the benefit of FSS. That really is my main concern and I am happy to move forward if that is addressed correctly. Equally if as you say the patrons have decided to pledge shares then full credit to them to try and resolve the decisions made on the board.

Also to those that said not to discuss on a fans forum, whether it's backtracking or not this is exactly why people should be allowed to freely discuss their concerns on a fans forum. 

25 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Yea, it’s not the first time I’ve heard that. Some of the figures rumoured to be being paid to players even on part time contracts is quite incredible. 

Similar in many ways to what’s happening at lesser Hampden, and high probability that QP could see themselves in the top league next year. 

52 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Do you mind if I ask where you got those numbers from?

I just tallied up the football staff plus the players using both of the player/staff profiles on their websites and presuming they are up to date(and I can count), they have 32 in total and we have 36.

They have Cameron Stewart and Scott Williamson on loan whereas we just have Sam Long.

They also still have several players that are on part time contracts such as Megginson, Scully, Yule, Reynolds, Naismith and Vigurs(according to @CoveRangers1922).

Also if they do have to pay more in accommodation then that would cut more in to their overall budget and give them even less to spend on wages. If they are already on higher wages, as you believe then their overall budget must be quite a bit more to cover those extra costs.

They also have more travelling to do and potential overnights, with the nearest team to them being 50 minutes away and over 2 hours for every team beyond. 

Sorry, I don’t think they’re short of money by any means but I just fail to see any evidence that suggests they will have a higher budget than us. 

The cove fan on here posted they had 30 players 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I can see that that is potentially the case and perhaps there has been some back tracking as a result of the discussions here. And I agree there are still many questions. I am still disappointed although perhaps a bit more calm. As I said at the very least this has been a misguided decision but unfortunately I don't believe we will ever get clarity on how the decision was made.

But at the same time if our discussions here have made a difference and the board has listened to criticism from fans and have decided to change course then I'm happy as long as the overall outcome is to the benefit of FSS. That really is my main concern and I am happy to move forward if that is addressed correctly. Equally if as you say the patrons have decided to pledge shares then full credit to them to try and resolve the decisions made on the board.

Also to those that said not to discuss on a fans forum, whether it's backtracking or not this is exactly why people should be allowed to freely discuss their concerns on a fans forum. 

I’ve no idea the workings of the club BOD or what decisions they have or haven’t taken but I am  certain none of the guys within the patrons group decided to donate shares to the FSS because of anything they read on here, the mindset was always to get the FSS to the 25% one way or another and it would always have happend. In fact I doubt a lot of them even read what is said on here by a handful of fans or any other social media platforms for that matter and if they did it certainly wouldn’t be a basis for making an informed decision. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

Yeh I agree too and like yourself I will go with it being misguided, till we hear what is said.

To be honest as much as it is great to hear the patrons give up their shares, maybe it would be a better gesture if the board did this using some of their collective 212,500 shares.

Brilliant for them to be putting that money in to the club but seems unfair to make the decision as to how our collective money shall be used whilst exchanging their own money for shares. If the decision was not in fear of allowing FSS to get to 25% then the solution is within their grasp without the need for the rest of the patrons to club together to resolve it. 

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’ve no idea the workings of the club BOD or what decisions they have or haven’t taken but am 100% sure none of the guys within the patrons group decided to donate shares to the FSS because of anything they read on here, the mindset was always to get the FSS to the 25% one way or another. In fact I doubt a lot of them even read what is said on here by a half dozen or so posters or any other social media platforms. 

The email asking patrons to transfer shares was a direct reaction to what was said on here though as the initial email, which was written before this news broke, was asking patrons to club together to buy the remaining shares. It was then asking Patrons to transfer shares in light of was being said on here. 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The email asking patrons to transfer shares was a direct reaction to what was said on here though as the initial email, which was written before this news broke, was asking patrons to club together to buy the remaining shares. It was then asking Patrons to transfer shares in light of was being said on here. 

I’ve read the email and at no point does the patron who initiated state that it was anything to do with what was said on here. Don’t put words in people’s mouths, this kind of stuff isn’t helpful. 

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

I’ve read the email and at no point does the patron who initiated state that it was anything to do with what was said on here. Don’t put words in people’s mouths, this kind of stuff isn’t helpful. 

I’m really not! I’ve been shown the email and it says there has been some debate on social media about the FSS getting to 25%. The only debate was on here!

I don’t see why it is unhelpful to show that fans discussing issues can help affect change.

It also takes nothing away from the gesture too as it is clearly made with the best of intentions to find a resolution to the matter which by all accounts sounds like it may be forthcoming. 

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

No idea why, but my first thought was that this is a water cannon being aimed at the players. 

It's an actual cannon, about to be loaded with Brad Mckay and fired into the North Sea, with splashdown some 14 miles east of St Andrews

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I’m really not! I’ve been shown the email and it says there has been some debate on social media about the FSS getting to 25%. The only debate was on here!

I don’t see why it is unhelpful to show that fans discussing issues can help affect change.

It also takes nothing away from the gesture too as it is clearly made with the best of intentions to find a resolution to the matter which by all accounts sounds like it may be forthcoming. 

Firstly, before I start this wasn’t a public email and I don’t agree with you lifting quotes from what was a private discussion to post on to a public forum, however now that you have I’ve read the emails back and yes there is a line where somebody talks about social media in the opening email which I hadn’t recalled from memory but in context to the full email chain and discussion had there after it’s literally the only reference, if you think these guys made they’re decisions based on what was written on here by a handful of posters then fine. My opinion is a lot of what was posted was ill informed, inflammatory or inaccurate and it certainly wasn’t helpful to the club in any way, it definitely made little or no difference to the decision making process from the people involved with the PG. Nor does it help the club continually stirring things up for that matter. What was being discussed is potentially a fantastic gesture from a handful of fans which by all accounts has been welcomed by both the club BOD and the FSS, hopefully when finalised we will get a formal announcement the end of next week from all the the relevant parties giving actual factual clarity to everything and we can start talking about football again. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Absolutely wild to think 3 or 4 posters on pie and bovril have the clout to dictate change through posts on this site. As much as we may like to think it, there is a far bigger world out there than bloody pie and bovril, and if that ever wasn't the case then it's utter utter tin pot.