The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I hope McCann's injury isn't too bad because we've no replacement currently. Suppose Hendo would need to drop back with Oliver coming into the middle? Or maybe Bisland at RB with Yeats in the centre?

Yeah I would move Hendo to left back, Yeats in midfield with Bisland at right back. But yeah like you said hopefully Mcann’s injury isn’t too bad (not getting very lucky with injuries right now I’m afraid) Mackie still out for 2-3 weeks.

11 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

28 shots at goal today. Stats akin to that day we were pumped at home by QOS and dobbie ran riot 

That led to Fartley getting sacked, could be about to happen to him again going by how well Cove have started the season, what a shame 🙃

2 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

As far as I understand from previous posts you weren't there, so you're not really in a position to comment on what happened, are you? If I'm wrong then hands up, my mistake. The impression I got was from what the former committee member forcefully said was he acknowledged in his opening remarks that he resigned because he fundamentally disagreed with the committee, their version of events and had no faith in them, or words to that effect. So, to be fair, reading it back my post was quite understated and neutral. I don't know what your beef is with almost everybody on here mate, but my advice, for what it's worth, as somebody who left OneF all those years ago when I got caught up in it, get the f**k off SM like this, don't get wound up people who don't agree with you (and are probably winding you up because they know they can) and accept there are things you cannot change., sìth agus gràdh as my highland granny used to say.

I’m a little bewildered by this. 

Why couldn’t your post have just said…

‘To be fair, reading it back my post was quite understated and neutral.’

I wasn’t aiming anything I said at you! 
I private messaged you as well to clear it up and not bore any other user.

I only commented on what you said as wasn’t at the meeting, as you say. I misinterpreted your version of events, as I thought the board and FSS had singled out the person I know. I owe the board and FSS an apology for that but nothing I said was aimed at you! 

Why has this went on to continue this line about me having beef with people? I disagree with others but have never resorted to name calling and don’t just disagree for some form of vandetta. I know a couple of them and to my knowledge we haven’t fallen out. 

I actually enjoy most of the debates on here but clearly no one wants to hear my opinions so if that’s what you’ve come on to say then maybe you’re right. It’s a rare Saturday off, we’re top of the league, I’m at home with my wife and yet sat here getting bothered by yet another anonymous user trying to pick apart my personality. 

Edited by Van_damage

What a shambles Edinburgh are on and off the park.

First venture to Meadowbank and it really was as bad as had been described!

ECFC offered very little and we should have been home-and-hosed by a bigger margin than the final result if not for their keeper and the woodwork.

On the upside, we took the points and due to a card reader being down at the turnstile we got free entry into thee worst "stadium" in Scotland.

Not to mention we're top of the league (and they're no😊 

2 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Excellent performance and Very comfortable but very frustrating we missed so many chances. Was away for a pee and missed the second goal. It really is a terrible place to watch a game. 
Play the kids Tuesday and recharge the batteries for QOS at home. 

The way Ayr are going the now the kids might get a result. Bullens jacket must be on a shaky nail

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If he's not hundred percent don't risk him. Leagues far more important than the challenge cup.

100% agree. Hendo at left back, Yeats in the midfield and try out Bisland at right back. Mcglynn did say he’ll be making a few changes. I just wonder how many he’ll make.

2 weeks now til another league game which has come at the perfect time. Few niggles on a thin squad.

Mcglynn says outright that Tuesday will be an experiment which is quite bold to say in an interview but he’s right. My best guess:

Hogarth 

Bisland Donaldson Henderson Sinclair

Yeats Lawal

Nesbitt Oliver Walker 

Allan 

Would want 2 up top in Oliver and Allan but that leaves Yeats doing central midfield on his own and we know Mcglynn’s thoughts on 2 up top. I really question whether Lawal works at CDM alongside Yeats though so it’s a quandary to solve! 

Can Sinclair play left back? I only swapped him and Henderson as Hendo left back does not seem ideal 

Edited by bairn88

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

2 weeks now til another league game which has come at the perfect time. Few niggles on a thin squad.

Mcglynn says outright that Tuesday will be an experiment which is quite bold to say in an interview but he’s right. My best guess:

Hogarth 

Bisland Donaldson Henderson Sinclair

Yeats Lawal

Nesbitt Oliver Walker 

Allan 

Would want 2 up top in Oliver and Allan but that leaves Yeats doing central midfield on his own and we know Mcglynn’s thoughts on 2 up top. I really question whether Lawal works at CDM alongside Yeats though so it’s a quandary to solve! 

Can Sinclair play left back? I only swapped him and Henderson as Hendo left back does not seem ideal 

Hendo is absolutely fine at left back. It’s been said before but in his first stint at Falkirk he was signed as a left back.