The Falkirk FC Thread

I was at school with Liz Fraser and I’m still friendly with her sister and bro-in-law who is a big Bairns fan. Cocteau’s are excellent and Liz has a haunting voice, they have some fantastic songs. I also know Will Heggie who was in the original line up and then went onto Lowlife another excellent Grangemouth band.

Grangemouth was an excellent place growing up if you were into music. Seen some good bands here The Rezillos, UK Subs.  As well as Cocteau’s and Lowlife, Dead Neighbours were another quality band.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

With Miller out injured would make sense for us to bring in a winger on loan if there is indeed funds for one more loan signing.

If there's a further signing on top of that I'd be hoping for a striker which is mental to think given how much on here we harped on about needing another option in the middle of the park this summer. Hendo & Spencer have been a dream pairing so far.

Goalkeeper
Nicky Hogarth
Sam Long - On loan from Lincoln City
Owen Hayward (A)

Defender
Tom Lang
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie
Brad Mckay
Leon Mccann
Logan Sinclair (A)
Layton Bisland - On loan from Dundee United

Midfielder
Brad Spencer
Liam Henderson
Stephen McGinn
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal
Aidan Nesbitt
Gary Oliver
Callumn Morrison
Calvin Miller
Alfredo Agyeman
Scott Honeyman (A)
Rhys Walker (A)

Striker
Ross MacIver
Jordan Allan

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Team for tomorrow night possibly if he intends making massive changes?

Hogarth

Bisland, Lang, Sinclair, McCann

Spencer, Yeats

Nesbitt, Oliver, Lawal, 

Allan

I wonder if Spencer will get a rest? 100% agree Hogarth, Bisland, Nesbitt, Oliver, Ola and Allan will start. They need minutes and I'd agree with your comments on the podcast before you disappeared that the fans want promotion over cup runs. Still, would be a nice bonus to get a result down in Ayr. 

4 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I wonder if Spencer will get a rest? 100% agree Hogarth, Bisland, Nesbitt, Oliver, Ola and Allan will start. They need minutes and I'd agree with your comments on the podcast before you disappeared that the fans want promotion over cup runs. Still, would be a nice bonus to get a result down in Ayr. 

I think my Wi-Fi had dropped by that point 😂. But I do agree that a cup run is by far secondary this season. Be nice to keep the run going though. 

12 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

Too many to mention. Some Bairns fans in amongst that lot including our current commercial manager’s big brother 

Had to scour through. Is that Alan Stewart? Seems to be mentioned in a few bands. 

Not sure who’s made the site but is an extensive encyclopaedia of the Falkirk music scene. Lots of information. 

The band I seen was with Stewart Cuthill performing. His name comes up several times too. 

Makes it sound like a great time to be involved in music in the area. 

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Team for tomorrow night possibly if he intends making massive changes?

Hogarth

Bisland, Lang, Sinclair, McCann

Spencer, Yeats

Nesbitt, Oliver, Lawal, 

Allan

Can see Henderson being in at left back after McCann went off with a dead leg on Saturday. Oliver back one beside Spencer and Yeats getting a rest with Morrison coming in on the wing.

Not certain we go with Sinclair either but anyone's guess on that front.

25 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Had to scour through. Is that Alan Stewart? Seems to be mentioned in a few bands. 

Not sure who’s made the site but is an extensive encyclopaedia of the Falkirk music scene. Lots of information. 

The band I seen was with Stewart Cuthill performing. His name comes up several times too. 

I always thought Martin Stephenson and the Daintees were going to be big. They nearly made it to mainstream. Still a hellofa good band though. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

It is indeed Alan Stewart. 
Few pals , school and college mates and even a relative on these lists. 

Falkirk was indeed brilliant in the 70’s, Thursdays nights were great up the Maniqui. 
The Jam, The Stranglers, The Rezillos and one of my favourites The Fabulous Poodles.

From the local scene one on the best bands I saw live was Castle in a hall in Western Avenue 

Edited by grumpyoldman

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Any idea if the game is on FTV tonight?

After a slow start in Meadowbank on Saturday they came up with some good quality coverage in the end.

Can they do it on a Tuesday night down in Ayr is the question.

It would be a real statement of intent for the rest of the season if they could get this game shown tonight.