The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Disco Duck said:

I don’t see how a share issue changes that

At the moment there are no free shares available. If you want to purchase shares you need to try and get someone to sell to you who already has them (with the Clubs approval).  You then pay the person for the shares and the club doesn't get a penny.  This is the Rawlins scenario. If they want to sell, they get the cash not the club. 

With a new share issue, you can buy direct from the Club, with the cash going to the Club. 

There are several caveats to that and reasons for the Club not to issue shares. But it does mean that the club cannot raise cash by selling shares as there are none to sell. 

1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

At the moment there are no free shares available. If you want to purchase shares you need to try and get someone to sell to you who already has them (with the Clubs approval).  You then pay the person for the shares and the club doesn't get a penny.  This is the Rawlins scenario. If they want to sell, they get the cash not the club. 

Is the clubs approval written into the Articles?

28 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I seem to remember that ...but not 100% sure

Would the Rawlins even need permission? 

Remember their shares are held under a holding company(Stellar Blue) so could they not just sell that company to another buyer who will then become a De facto owner of their shares?

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

This is where it all gets messy and hope that my logic makes sense.

If there are no shares left, then the Rawlins potentially can sell the shares with the club getting nowt. If I remember correctly, the club has to agree that sale. However, I am not sure what the legal position is if the Rawlins want to sell and the club refuses to sanction it. There is also the potential that the Rawlins may want to sell to someone who we don't want as a major shareholder in the club. 

Now, if the club were to make a new issue of shares available, then the Rawlins position is less problematic. Whoever wants to buy shares need to pay the club cash for them. 

Alternatively, maybe they have enough cash that the Falkirk shares are not important and will try and sell at some point in the future if they are worth anything. That may be a veery long way away.....as I've had my shares for decades and they are in reality worth nothing and always have been. 

They'll ultimately be diluted out of sight

11 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Heard Rawlins want to buy Huddersfield and use Falkirk as a breeding ground for new talent

PS- That is a lot of pish i just invented - Or is it?

Interestingly Huddersfield were taken over by an American consortium in June and Phil Rawlins is allegedly part of that consortium.

Very much doubt Falkirk will have anything to do with feeding them anything. 

More than likely the Rawlins will simply just exist in the background for a while biding their time. Unsure what their endgame is, but staying out of the way is the current game plan. 

13 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Only if he doesn't want to sell ..... or the club refuses his request to sell. I'd wager that £60 million quid could buy a good lawyer. 

It's not going to happen as he has probably all but forgotten that we exist....but nevertheless still a possibility. 

The point I'm making is that unless we have a new share issue, any future potential sale or transfer of shares between two parties (Rawlins or otherwise) means that the club will get nothing.  

Why should the club get anything if they decide to sell?

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Why should the club get anything if they decide to sell?

eh ?  Don't you want the club to get anything if someone wants to buy shares ?  

It's all in the opportunity of where you buy from. The only way for someone to buy shares now is to purchase them from an existing shareholder i.e. not the club. This is where the Rawlins sale comes in. 

Until the last few weeks that was not the case. You would normally buy them from the club and by that token give cash to the club.

Virtually everyone (maybe apart from Rawlins) who has bought shares has done so in that knowledge. They are not bought as an investment but as an emotional tie, with the club getting the money.