The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Looking for a tall supporter or someone who stands on bog pans

Yeah alright I stood on top of the bog pan 🤣🤣 spent the night drinking with St Pauli fans and they love the Bairns, love the fact we are on the whole a down trodden support 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

35 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah alright I stood on top of the bog pan 🤣🤣 spent the night drinking with St Pauli fans and they love the Bairns, love the fact we are on the whole a down trodden support 

Need to tell them to get their team to organise friendlies against better opposition than that team across the river! 

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Looked very accomplished today.

I can't see us throwing it away this year. Hamilton aren't financed like Cove we're and just aren't like Dunfermline. I can't see past us for the league.

The only caution I would have is that Hamilton are actually bettering the Fifers results after 7 games (as are we).

The Fifers had 15 points at this stage last season, whereas Accies have 19 points. There’s nothing to pick between the sides defensively (we have both conceded 4). Our attack is the big difference, and I reckon they will sit in and play for a point.

We have to be more ambitious as they are going to be more concerned about us than we are about them. I can’t see this group of players being anything like as timid as last season’s.

First though, the improving Mo…..

Edited by Duncan Freemason

It's starting to look like Hamilton are our only threat to automatic promotion this year. (Why is there always a strong rival every season!?) By all accounts they fairly comfortably won at QoS yesterday and are playing well. There's no doubt we are playing well and a stronger proposition than last year but I'm not starting to get excited until we've played Hamilton and beaten them in a couple of weeks time. We've been here too many times before where we comfortably beat the other teams but slip up against the better sides. At least we have the ammunition this year.

49 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

There's no doubt we are playing well and a stronger proposition than last year but I'm not starting to get excited until we've played Hamilton and beaten them in a couple of weeks time.

Couldn’t have put it better. Let’s see how the next couple of games against Montrose & Hamilton pan out. Think it’s testament to McGlynn, that our signings this season have made a huge difference.
Long Lang Spencer Alfie MacIver have been different class. No coincidence that players like Donaldson Henderson Morrison have found consistency & decent form which we lacked last season. 

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Couldn’t have put it better. Let’s see how the next couple of games against Montrose & Hamilton pan out. Think it’s testament to McGlynn, that our signings this season have made a huge difference.
Long Lang Spencer Alfie MacIver have been different class. No coincidence that players like Donaldson Henderson Morrison have found consistency & decent form which we lacked last season. 

McGlynn was always going to improve the squad given time and a bit of patience. Old news but he was saddled with 14 of Holt/Sheerin’s shite (only 2 left, plus MCKay). 
The last 4 years frustrations meant there was little patience. Pleased for all the fans that so far it is looking good. Still very early though. 
Montrose will bring a different challenge next week. We will have to deal with the long ball and a big physical side.  Win and it sets up a cracker the week after. 

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

33 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

McGlynn was always going to improve the squad given time and a bit of patience. Old news but he was saddled with 14 of Holt/Sheerin’s shite (only 2 left). 
The last 4 years frustrations meant there was little patience. Pleased for all the fans that so far it is looking good. Still very early though. 
Montrose will bring a difference challenge next week. We will have to deal with the long ball and a big physical side.  Win and it sets up a cracker the week after. 

McGlynn’s recruitment has never been the issue for me. It’s our defensive setup that is his weak point. I think that will be less of an issue this year though as our attack is so strong and Lang has helped shore it up at the back. Spencer in midfield is maybe our most vital player though, as he controls the game. 

Not sure there’s much in the argument for last season as the 3 that played a lot of games last season- McCann, Morrison and Nesbitt are still getting regular starts. The only one who has left who featured regularly is McGuffie. 

Edited by Van_damage

17 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

McGlynn’s recruitment has never been the issue for me. It’s our defensive setup that is his weak point for me. I think that will be less of an issue this year though as our attack is so strong and Lang has helped shore it up at the back. Spencer in midfield is maybe our most vital player though, as he controls the game. 

Not sure there’s much in the argument for last season as the 3 that played a lot of games last season- McCann, Morrison and Nesbitt are still getting regular starts. The only one who has left who featured regularly is McGuffie. 

The 14 lumbered with stopped him bringing in more last summer than he could. That’s the point, that’s why it was going to take longer.  Holt never signed Morrison. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

The 14 lumbered with stopped him bringing in more last summer than he could. That’s the point, that’s why it was going to take longer.  Holt never signed Morrison. 

if that’s the case then excluding youth players, I can only count  11, including McCann and Nesbitt so technically that’s 9. 

It’s going over old ground but the point was a regular 7 starters last season were McGlynn’s players and 3 of the other 4 were McCann, Morrison and Nesbitt. 

I know what you are saying with regards to budget but it was very much a McGlynn team that failed at the end of last season. That will be forgiven though if he continues like this. 

Edited by Van_damage

I think what we are now seeing is McGlynn has a better idea of what he is doing than most of us in the stands. The signings he has made have improved the team so much. How many of us questioned Nisbett getting a contract extention. Also using his contacts to get Berra in to help the defence, free of charge, has been game changer. 

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

It's starting to look like Hamilton are our only threat to automatic promotion this year. (Why is there always a strong rival every season!?) By all accounts they fairly comfortably won at QoS yesterday and are playing well. There's no doubt we are playing well and a stronger proposition than last year but I'm not starting to get excited until we've played Hamilton and beaten them in a couple of weeks time. We've been here too many times before where we comfortably beat the other teams but slip up against the better sides. At least we have the ammunition this year.

Have always said we will have a proper idea of where the team is after 10 games.

So good so far but lets not get ahead of ourselves

Great to see the team winning games comfortably (of our 6 wins, 5 have had at least a 2 goal margin which is quite telling) - it makes a huge difference, changes can be made earlier to rest players and experiment.  The fans deserve to be able to celebrate non nailbiting wins too! 

Also great to see posts here talking about games and results rather than share ownership, the managers future, three legged stools and suchlike.  

Young team are doing a brilliant job - I watched yesterdays game on tv and our support looked tremendous. 

We'll know where we are better after 9 games but things looking decent so far.    

21 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have always said we will have a proper idea of where the team is after 10 games.

So good so far but lets not get ahead of ourselves

We’re getting to the point where we will have played all our opponents once and will know what we face. If we can get through the next two games unbeaten, this would be a massive boost for the remainder of the season, especially if we beat Accies. And thinking ahead, the January transfer window will then become crucial for the run in. But one game at a time...

34 minutes ago, Double t said:

I think what we are now seeing is McGlynn has a better idea of what he is doing than most of us in the stands. The signings he has made have improved the team so much. How many of us questioned Nisbett getting a contract extention. Also using his contacts to get Berra in to help the defence, free of charge, has been game changer. 

For me it’s absolutely no coincidence that Coll Donaldson’s form has improved since the involvement of Berra on the coaching staff. Berra will be sharing as much as he can with the players and defenders in particular. Full credit to McGlynn for bringing Berra in. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBairn said:

For me it’s absolutely no coincidence that Coll Donaldson’s form has improved since the involvement of Berra on the coaching staff

Possibly this aye, but more so having clubber lang in there. He is fantastic, not only in his play, but he is very vocal, comanding and an absolute ride

8 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Possibly this aye, but more so having clubber lang in there. He is fantastic, not only in his play, but he is very vocal, comanding and an absolute ride

Sair yin for the "being good looking doesn't make you good at football" lads