The Falkirk FC Thread

We have all been lucky enough to see some brilliant goals at TFS- think McGuffie's double against Peterhead - but these were scored when we weren't under any pressure, it was a bit off showboating. The thing about Morrison's goal for me was the pressure he was under to get it right, 90 minutes had come and gone and it could have been the last kick of the match - think Ayr's trundler in the Scottish Cup QF - and it must have taken some pair of balls to shoot, he would possibly have been castigated if he had got it wrong. He took the ball with his back to the goals and he obviously knew in his mind what he was going to do before the ball arrived at his feet. It reminded me a little of Kennedy's goal against Ayr - similar position, similar distance, but Morrison's was so much better, a much cleaner strike, no deflection required.

Thank you Callumn.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

We have all been lucky enough to see some brilliant goals at TFS- think McGuffie's double against Peterhead - but these were scored when we weren't under any pressure, it was a bit off showboating. The thing about Morrison's goal for me was the pressure he was under to get it right, 90 minutes had come and gone and it could have been the last kick of the match - think Ayr's trundler in the Scottish Cup QF - and it must have taken some pair of balls to shoot, he would possibly have been castigated if he had got it wrong. He took the ball with his back to the goals and he obviously knew in his mind what he was going to do before the ball arrived at his feet. It reminded me a little of Kennedy's goal against Ayr - similar position, similar distance, but Morrison's was so much better, a much cleaner strike, no deflection required.

Thank you Callumn.

It’s not nearly the best goal under pressure .  Several against Hibs, Rangers and Hearts would be in that category, or even Vaulks late winner against Killie.

Our best since relegation I’ll give you, and was an absolute screamer - and further out than I thought.

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

It’s not nearly the best goal under pressure .  Several against Hibs, Rangers and Hearts would be in that category, or even Vaulks late winner against Killie.

Our best since relegation I’ll give you, and was an absolute screamer - and further out than I thought.

Where did I say it was?

MacIver's absolutely pivotal to how we play but he still misses some sitters. That one he mishit at 1-0 down yesterday was a tap in. Still 4 goals and 1 assist in 7 games can't be grumbled at.

Morrison with 5 goals and 2 assists already in the league long may it continue.

41 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

MacIver's absolutely pivotal to how we play but he still misses some sitters. That one he mishit at 1-0 down yesterday was a tap in. Still 4 goals and 1 assist in 7 games can't be grumbled at.

7 goals I think for Morrison?  Depends how you give a few of them!

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I believe that’s Spencer giving Williamson the ear cupping at Morrison’s goal 😂

I was just about to post that! I've been watching the goal back for the last 5mins trying to see who it was.🤣

Once again can’t wait for next Saturday. Got to admit I’m well into double digits watching Morrison’s winner.  I’ve said on more than one occasion that Morrison should have been included in the mob who thankfully have long exited/departed the club. But happy to eat my words if he continues on what I regard his best spell in the jersey.

Since season start, he’s producing consistently and I wonder if his obvious high confidence is due to the fact that the manager is playing a near same side/formation and a improving young Yeats?

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Once again can’t wait for next Saturday. Got to admit I’m well into double digits watching Morrison’s winner.  I’ve said on more than one occasion that Morrison should have been included in the mob who thankfully have long exited/departed the club. But happy to eat my words if he continues on what I regard his best spell in the jersey.

Since season start, he’s producing consistently and I wonder if his obvious high confidence is due to the fact that the manager is playing a near same side/formation and a improving young Yeats?

Were you not one who was complaining McGlynn never changed his formation? We are set up the same as the majority of last season. 
IMO the difference is sod all to do with formations simply the recruitment in the summer simply takes the pressure of Morrison to deliver every week as we have other match winners in the side and a solid base. 

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Since season start, he’s producing consistently and I wonder if his obvious high confidence is due to the fact that the manager is playing a near same side/formation and an improving young Yeats?

I was exactly the same with Morrison and probably one of the more vocal ones on here regards him. A big part of my issues with him was there was clearly a player there but he didn’t produce it enough. I think he is benefiting from the confidence and spirit that seems to be running through the squad just now. I also think he is playing with more freedom and is trying things he wouldn’t have in previous seasons.

I cannot wait for next Saturday, in hospitality so hoping for a great day with the right result 🙏🏻

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

To be fair to him he had to adjust himself and try a sort of bicycle kick, so I don’t think it was as easy a chance as what it may have seemed from some angles

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Really looking forward to Saturday and hoping for a good win but remember this game is part one of 4 and i feel the team that gets most points from these wins the league

I think you are right. Could be a big opening statement though 💪🏼

A reminder that the Falkirk Football Heritage Trust are having an open day at the Stadium this afternoon between 2 and 4 o’clock. An opportunity to see the newly unveiled heritage panels in the hospitality lounges featuring Alex Parker, John Markie, Vic McKinney and Darren Barr as well as the story of the 1957 Scottish Cup win.