The Falkirk FC Thread

Well, they cancelled each other out.  I'm a big fan of Morrison, but tonight demonstrates why no bigger team has come in for him.  Some days he is fantastic and wins us games, the next he is an onlooker, like tonight. Not moaning too much, if he was more consistent he would have been snapped up two or three seasons ago.

One thing that struck me tonight is we have 4 or 5 players who are playing at the best of their ability but give me the feeling they could mess up big time any time they have the ball.

After tonight and 25% of the season gone, looks like we have a 50/50 chance of promotion.  Still top of the league, I would have been over the moon at that at the start of the season.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

14 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Well, they cancelled each other out.  I'm a big fan of Morrison, but tonight demonstrates why no bigger team has come in for him.  Some days he is fantastic and wins us games, the next he is an onlooker, like tonight. Not moaning too much, if he was more consistent he would have been snapped up two or three seasons ago.

After tonight and 25% of the season gone, looks like we have a 50/50 chance of promotion.  Still top of the league, I would have been over the moon at that at the start of the season.

They had about 4 players on him every time he got the ball mind you. That's when you need the other attackers to step up but Alfie didn't look on it tonight and Ross never got going.

Thought neither side really threatened. Draw not the worst result but it does put a lot of pressure on the games at NDP as I can’t see Hamilton slipping up much.

Yeats, Lang, McCann and Morrison best for us.

Won’t be popular but I thought tonight showed Maciver’s limitations in the lone striker role.

Maciver had no support. He won his fair share of balls in the air but too often there was noone awaiting the flick on. I actually thought they looked uncomfortable under the long high ball. First half there was confusion when maciver closed down a long ball for instance but we didn't go direct enough for me. Long ball up to MacIver with Oliver pushed up next to him may have given us more joy on this occasion.

We weren't terrible but too many of our attacking threats weren't at it tonight. Ross didn't do much when he came on but he should have started ahead of Oliver with Agyeman in behind MacIver.

Disappointed McGlynn didn't try change anything but we've seen that before. Still top of the league and Accies didn't look up to much.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Must be about 500. Probably what they expected plus the shite weather?

See it was a grand total of 364 which is an amazing turnout for a team of Accies’ size. All I can say is good job they’ve sold a couple of youngsters in last transfer window as that level of support can’t be sustainable in medium term. 

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

They came a point and tried to disrupt us from the start ie changing ends, time wasting etc. Henderson had our best two chances first half and then second was just poor from both. Spencer and Morrison were really poor. We’d be totally stuffed without Tom Lang. 

Totally consistent with Rankin’s personality as a player. A petulant individual who always tried to wind up opposition. Felt ref could & should have yellow carded the Accies player who fouled Agyeman in opening minutes & surprised they kept 11 men on pitch.

8 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Totally consistent with Rankin’s personality as a player. A petulant individual who always tried to wind up opposition. Felt ref could & should have yellow carded the Accies player who fouled Agyeman in opening minutes & surprised they kept 11 men on pitch.

There were two fouls on the left and one through the middle on Agyeman that should have been yellows. I did wonder if Euan Anderson was factoring in the conditions and the challenges being early in the game but to then yellow card Liam Henderson first having let those ones go was poor. 

According to some melt sitting close to us, Falkirk were shite and didn't try. Moaning faced b*****d. Every time Donaldson (who I don't think put a foot wrong) went near the ball it was 'c'mon you fur fuks sake'. Doesn't normally sit anywhere near us so he's probably one of those 'fans' that just turn up for the bigger games so that they can whine their faces off!

Maybe moans on here too?

8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry, but that's complete and utter nonsense. 

I'm not a patron, but if I were and I'd scraped together a spare 10K I'd be seriously pissed off if someone posted on a message board that my group of 20 people had to match what was being raised by 750. Or 1200. Or 2000. 

Please get this "others need to do more" idea in the bin. 

FSS are the only group which was set up to provide CONTINUAL, ONGOING funding. Because it's the only group that's open to thousands of us and allows a level of donation which most will be able to afford.  

In my eyes it's up to all of us, as fans and members, to do what we can to help the FSS grow. 

We either find a way to make it work or give up and look for external investment. 

I agree with the sentiment but the reality is, FSS is unlikely to get beyond about 1200 so what do we do? 

Clubs like ours need continual funding. If FSS can't close the gap, then it's perfectly reasonable to see if our other stools can do more. 

If all 3 can't close the gap together then we need to be finding new investors whether we like it or not. 

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

According to some melt sitting close to us, Falkirk were shite and didn't try. Moaning faced b*****d. Every time Donaldson (who I don't think put a foot wrong) went near the ball it was 'c'mon you fur fuks sake'. Doesn't normally sit anywhere near us so he's probably one of those 'fans' that just turn up for the bigger games so that they can whine their faces off!

Maybe moans on here too?

There was a lot more moaning around me as well. First time I've heard it this season and I wondered if it was maybe folk coming to their first game in a while. We weren't great obviously, but not poor enough to deserve a slagging.

It was disappointing because the KM7 has felt a really positive place to be. Last week against Montrose when we had 2 setbacks during the game the fans never turned. I felt like there was a few starting to today.

Ultras were good as always in responding to moans by trying to lift it. At one point in the second half I think it was clear they were trying to drown it out.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Maybe moans on here too?

Found that too, guy next to us stated that we'd be better with Connor Sammon over McIver, who was 'shit all game'. 

some of our fans are absolute odd balls