The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

While we now have German owners who have put some money in (mostly into the youth academy tbf although I dare they they've helped fund contract extensions and the like), immediately after administration and relegation we were pretty much fan owned in a similar way to Falkirk - several "Patrons" who had put most of the money in and the Supporters Trust who put in a fair few quid and who had a seat on the board. And whilst we didn't have to rent the ground from the council, we did have to pay costs for upkeep and also I think some rental fees to EEP Ltd, we managed to only make minimal losses in one of the seasons and small profits in the others. It still amazes me that losses of 400 grand are seen as fine. Big names on big money can't be helping, and I can't help but wonder if Falkirk had spent less on wages and brought through some young players on peanuts and grew organically things wouldn't have been so bad. It's easy to say in hindsight of course, and wanting to get up as quickly as possible was paramount in everyone's thoughts but short term pain could have led to long term gain. I don't know. 

Salvo, I know that you probably mean well and this is nothing personal but please don't come on this thread lecturing us on financial husbandry when Dunfermline stiffed their creditors for 10 mill. If I live to be a hundred I will always bring this up to Dunfermline fans.

20 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

How do St Mirren manage to be comfortably fan owned with monthly subscribers almost the same numerically as us?

Is it purely because they are in the Premiership? 

SPFL Mediawatch on X: "Anyway with the Celtic winning the #ScottishCup Final, can now finalise the Prize and TV Money for every SPFL club across all competitions. https://t.co/PgGxMsbyi1" / X (twitter.com)

They made £1.8m last season from Premiership prize money and any televised fixtures, compared to our £128k.

Edited by lanky_ffc

28 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

How do St Mirren manage to be comfortably fan owned with monthly subscribers almost the same numerically as us?

Is it purely because they are in the Premiership? 

Prize money. 

24 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Salvo, I know that you probably mean well and this is nothing personal but please don't come on this thread lecturing us on financial husbandry when Dunfermline stiffed their creditors for 10 mill. If I live to be a hundred I will always bring this up to Dunfermline fans.

Fair 😂😂

2 each in the reserve game after half an hour

17 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️EP:57 GOING FOR 5 (AGAIN)

🔵 Review 1-0 cup win over Queens Park with pundit @ScottFFC1876 🕷️
⚪️ Qualifying for Euro 2024 🇩🇪
🔵 Harrison Howe’s debut ⭐
⚪️ Preview Stirling Albion (A) 💩
🔵 Ross’s Prawn Sandwiches 🥪 , The Navy Blue Pound 💷 & All the latest FFC news 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_5280.thumb.jpeg.91222bcb2ff5ba337bb28c6d5727009a.jpeg

IMG_5283.thumb.jpeg.1bca5f03c33b9f51db6316d759307d56.jpeg

Another good listen thanks guys. Could sense a disagreement brewing at the start about FSS and sugar daddies but managed to keep it civil 👀

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

As far as I’m aware it’s owned by SA and rented by the club.

That's correct I believe.  I've heard from a pretty reliable source that the club started conversations a few years ago with SA about 'coming to an arrangement' to end the rental payments but these conversations were put on ice when the FSS/Patrons guys took over.

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Yeah of course at the time it was great but we are 13/14 years down the line paying 80k each year and another 40k to be paid back while FSS and patrons are making donations via shares.

Not sure how you can equate a guy who invested £2 million (of which he's only had just over half back if my maths are correct) and some Patrons who have donated shares which are, frankly, barely worth the paper the certificate is printed on.

15 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Just left at 4-2, your number 9 looked handy. 

That fucking drum was a pain in the arse. Reserve ultras for a reserve match it seemed. 

He's on loan at Bonnyrigg till January, definitely have high hopes for him and his brother.

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

That's correct I believe.  I've heard from a pretty reliable source that the club started conversations a few years ago with SA about 'coming to an arrangement' to end the rental payments but these conversations were put on ice when the FSS/Patrons guys took over.

I actually heard that Sheikh Jassim and his Qataris were ready to take over and pump billions into the club before showing interest in Man Utd, but again that was put on ice when the FSS/Patrons guys took over, maybe the same source as you RC.

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

I assume then that talks were 'put on ice' by SA, not the new guys as it wouldn't make much sense for them not to follow up on that?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

I assume then that talks were 'put on ice' by SA, not the new guys as it wouldn't make much sense for them not to follow up on that?

Another "it's ma baw" tale to back up the idea that the new board weren't fit to take over from his pals 

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Another good listen thanks guys. Could sense a disagreement brewing at the start about FSS and sugar daddies but managed to keep it civil 👀

We’ll fight it out at the weekend after 8 pints. Friends again on Sunday though 😂

19 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Could be wrong, but is that not a Falkirk Daft initiative rather than an FSS one ?

We do the draw on behalf of the FSS mate and they supply the prizes. We do however donate the beer bucket each as a donation to the FSS, but only costs us around £20-25 each time.  

Edited by RC55 FFC

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but isn't the Falkirk badge based on the Grahamston Church on Bute Street, rather than the Steeple in the town?

Also seen two conflicting stories that it was either John Prentice or Willie McFarlane that created the original drawing

https://falkirkfootballheritagetrust.wordpress.com/falkirk-football-club-badges/#:~:text=The design is,make an appearance.

https://bettermeddle.org.uk/museum/crests4.php#:~:text=The design is a simple one - a silhouette of the town steeple superimposed upon a football. It is said that club secretary%2C Willie McFarlane%2C used a sixpence as a template to draw the circle of the football.

It looks like you could see the church from the main stand 

image.thumb.png.cc05988e04949c5d0e6e0e2d761539ef.png

image.thumb.png.4da1060d348c001d53c52e677f5a5e53.png

image.thumb.png.0157bd6c8a50faad9a1078d516ee7f4b.png

Could that be the church featured on the programme from the 60s?

Edited by superandy_07