The Falkirk FC Thread

Got my old folks bus pass recently and my first use will be trying to get to the game and back on Saturday from Edinburgh.  Looks like First Bus is my only option.  Is there anyone who has travelled by bus from Edinburgh to the stadium before who can give me advice.  I don't get out very often so I am a bit nervous.  Where is the best place to get off in Falkirk, etc.

thanks

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't know why but my brain immediately goes to the MLS when I see that kit, not keen.

Not a fan either.

big up the club for donation to charity and lack of sponsor. Love that.

on the kit, the shield with steeple looks odd (cheap - reminds me of the pressley era tops)  and realise it’s purely lighting of the pics but it reminds me of a livi kit too much 😬

looks like it’s a popular choice going by initial opinions so if it’s a Monday spinner then I’m all for it.

31 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Got my old folks bus pass recently and my first use will be trying to get to the game and back on Saturday from Edinburgh.  Looks like First Bus is my only option.  Is there anyone who has travelled by bus from Edinburgh to the stadium before who can give me advice.  I don't get out very often so I am a bit nervous.  Where is the best place to get off in Falkirk, etc.

thanks

There is the 909 from Princes Street every hour that you could get to Newlands Garage in Grangemouth then get a 3 or a 4 from there. The 3 and 4 are each every 30 minutes.

Alternatively there is the 38 or X38 from Edinburgh that is a frequent service. That would get you to Newmarket Street from where there are plenty options.

Hope this helps (and that the info is correct!)

2 minutes ago, see the elephant said:

There is the 909 from Princes Street every hour that you could get to Newlands Garage in Grangemouth then get a 3 or a 4 from there. The 3 and 4 are each every 30 minutes.

Alternatively there is the 38 or X38 from Edinburgh that is a frequent service. That would get you to Newmarket Street from where there are plenty options.

Hope this helps (and that the info is correct!)

Thanks for that.  Last time I took a bus to Falkirk the bus station was still open.  

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Feels like it.  My brother usually takes me but he can't make it regularly.

I should have added that either route is fairly lengthy, probably around an hour from Edinburgh to Falkirk or Grangemouth.

The 909 is comfier as it is Citylink. The 38 is quite rattly in my experience.

Hope you have a safe trip and a good outcome!

17 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That night at Ibrox was a thing of beauty.

31st August, 1994, my daughter was 28 days old, I was back shift and not meant to be going. Managed to convince a colleague who was nightshift to come out early for me and the Wallace Tavern bus picked me up outside my work in Grangemouth en-route to Ibrox.

As it turned out it was probably one of the best nights I’ve had supporting the Bairns, when Richie scored the second everything rained down on us from the cream buns above and we didn’t give a f**k. The place emptied and we partied for what time was left. The cherry on top was passing the Grangemouth Rangers Supporters bus on the way back containing my father in law and loads of other folk I know and giving them absolute pelters.

Carlsberg don’t do football away days but if they did 🤣